• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Aura's Monthlies: on hiatus

Trent

Smash Champion
Riding situation for Joker's, Saturday the 23rd.

Trent's Car:
Trent
Tyser
Josh
Yulai(?)

Rob's Car(?):
Rob(?)
Thug(?)
GG22(?)

Confirm here, ask if you want to go, and what not. My car is leaving Lincoln Saturday morning, then leaving Des Moines Sunday morning.

THuGz

Smash Lord
I think me and Rob plan on going Friday night. I think GG is too broke to go. At any rate, me and Rob are taking Rob's car, yes.

PS: Echo, Smeesh, JBM, MK Mike, any of you going to Joker's?

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
I wanna get go to Joker's but I need to get some more money after that MM with Thugz and paying gas to Rob also need to tell my folks and who is Josh?

Edit: What's the razor challange?

resTy

Smash Champion
I'm probably going. Put me as confirmed, for now. I'll get back at you when the time draws nearer.

And I'm talking about Melee. I would never play Fox in Brawl because he can't chain grab.

~GregDang!~

Smash Master
Riding situation for Joker's, Saturday the 23rd.

Trent's Car:
Trent
Tyser
Josh
Yulai(?)

Confirm here, ask if you want to go, and what not. My car is leaving Lincoln Saturday morning, then leaving Des Moines Sunday morning.
Who said you could stay at my house?! Lol. You guys are welcome. My mom actually knows ahead this time instead of me just bringing home like 4-6 guys. Just remember to bring the essentials. Blanket, pillow, etc.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
^ This so hard
This. Thugz if you want to seek out someone who plays a certain character and limit it to "My MK/Pika vs your "Yoshi" like you do with Ngamer, that's fine, but Ganon MK for 100 dollars is pretty much the best idea I've ever head of if you want make 100 dollars, bad idea if you want people to respect you. I'd take the 100 dollars, but I'd do Wolf Ganon.

And I'm talking about Melee. I would never play Fox in Brawl because he can't chain grab.
I rofled, damnit, I hate D3.

BTW Thugz was super butt hurt you two didn't invite him to play games yesterday.

and 2nd BTW you might need to drive, my car is being dumb again. I might just need to get another one.

gantrain05

Smash Master
the thing about using ganon, he's terrible, so very very terrible. but when people have zero experience against him, and assume they'll win just cuz its ganon and then lose, it just brightens my day lol.

Echo

Smash Champion
I was planning on going but I may have easter related things to attend... we'll see.

Btw put me down for a mm, ness vs whatever, for a few bucks.

THuGz

Smash Lord
Why are you guys flaming me? If people are going to run their mouths off about how much better they are than me, I don't care about respect anymore, I will gladly profit from someone's false confidence and rude ignorance. I haven't initiated a single character restricted mm or whatever, everyone keeps offering because it's some kind of joke that I'm bad at this game. Fine, that's cool, I'll accept the character specific mm's, and hopefully profit.

Further, I want to get good at this game, I clearly have been out to mm people in real matches. Jlo, I asked him to mm and I'm pretty sure he put the restriction on himself, me and Gregdang, me and ngamer (who I insisted on changing the rules to TOURNEY, where what he said would have restricted my options, so I have no idea where this is coming from, flame the right ****ing person about restricting rules if that's what you want to do), and all the people in NE i've been hounding.

TL;DR: **** off, let me take your money or take me seriously enough to mm me like a real person

PS: I'll mm you echo

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
I'm not hating on you Thugz, I'm just telling you to ease up on your MM's before possibly U MM everybody in Midwest:West and have more MM's and little time to do them all.

gantrain05

Smash Master
i always restrict myself in MM's it helps me focus. if i don't, then i'll go all over the character roster and play 15 different chars and screw myself over(all of iowa can back me up on this) lol.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Thugz, we just don't want you to think you are decent until you are good, then you can feel decent.

Also, Echo is confirmed for Aura's?

Echo

Smash Champion
Yea Rob, I should be good for Aura's... Joker's is probably a no but a slight maybe.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
All of Nebraska's top players should be in attendance for Auras, we need to figure out our "PR" before Circuit season starts and after this tournament should be the time to do it. I realize that outside of the top 3 it doesn't matter, but we do have enough players who travel now a days that having this for seeding purposes would be nice.

We have 2 tournaments that are basically in-state so any in-state clarifications outside of the top 3 can be taken care of, such as Thugz validation of being #4 on our list. He needs to prove he's at least better than D-Yosh, our current #4 guy, or Echo who is picking up brawl better than I've seen anyone.

Beating Smeesh is impressive and JBM/GG222 are both skilled smash players and going OOS and getting 13th is all nice, but we need to see your improvement at Jokers especially.

But since Trent is club president and that's important, I guess he can't make it :/ Thugz should try and play some matches against Trent in a serious manner, he could use it.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
If you're worried about the circuit, the TO's are under orders of random seeding of tournaments as the standard procedure.

So for the MWW Cir, I don't think a PR would matter :)

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Alright, majority of my points removed. Why do we even need a PR then, lol?

I like random seeding but I like not playing Trent 2nd round at OOS places too, ya know?

DeLux

yeah, what I'm going to do at mine is do the Bo1 full stage strike pools :)

Random pools but seeded based on pool record and trying to keep scenes away from each other.
People have either hated it or loved the idea

resTy

Smash Champion
Inserting johns.

Smeesh was pissed the entire set vs. Thug because GameGenie was running his mouth the entire time as usual except from what Smeesh tells me, it was fuckin horrific. I'm surprised GameGenie didn't have enough manners to pipe down during that set though. Whatever though. Johns, but seriously, talkin shit IRL isn't Nebraska's way.

And JBM and GameGenie are not "skilled Brawlers."

I mean, JBM is pretty darn good at Melee but in Brawl he's kind of clueless because he doesn't understand the game. Beating him wasn't much of an accomplishment in my opinion; no offense JBM, just keepin it straight :')

GameGenie is just not good but he's getting better. He needs to take my criticism to heart. If he listens to what I say, he will get better. He seemed to completely ignore me last time I told him how to use his character though. In time I guess.

So out of those three, I'd say his only accomplishment is beating up Smeesh which was disturbed. They should rematch and GameGenie shouldn't be allowed to watch or talk.

DeLux

How are you guys going to do PRs?

Is it going to be Panel based or statistic win/loss record based?

resTy

Smash Champion
We don't even know ourselves honestly, Lux. We haven't put much thought into it lol.

If you base it off tournaments as of late, Rob is probably considered #1 because he's the only person who goes to tournaments. Trent went to WHOBO and another tournament but didn't do so hot. And the only out of state tournament for Brawl that I've ever participated in was Brainshock Alpha (where I outplaced everyone from Nebraska AND Iowa [****]). So yeah, if it's about tournaments then Rob is #1, Trent is #2, and I'm (Tyser) is #3.

If it's panel based and such, people would probably have me as the #1 as I destroy everybody in our state and have never lost a tournament set to a random before (except Iowa randoms such as Blank and JLO and folks; no offense for calling you guys random but it's true). #2 would be debatable. Rob bodies Trent pretty damn hard but Trent beats people who neither Rob nor I could probably beat in sets. Personally, I would consider me the best, then Rob, then Trent.

It would look something like that if that helps lol.

P.S. I don't have information on anyone else in our state. They're nowhere near the Top 3.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
I'm surprised GameGenie didn't have enough manners to pipe down during that set though. Whatever though. Johns, but seriously, talkin shit IRL isn't Nebraska's way.

And JBM and GameGenie are not "skilled Brawlers."
Well, to be fair, during Joker V Fino at Aura's people were loud and talking in Fino's ear, so it's happend before during big matches. I consider Thugz/Smeesh to be a big match for Nebraska brawl, and I wanna see a rematch myself.

I called them smashers in the thread you could be internally referencing about for a reason :)

How are you guys going to do PRs?

Is it going to be Panel based or statistic win/loss record based?
We have a backroom where we have Win/Loss, though I think after the top 3 they should just let assign them because I play against them the most :3 Especially for this reason...

P.S. I don't have information on anyone else in our state. They're nowhere near the Top 3.
By the Numbers of 2011.

Instate Yoshi D-Yosh is about #4 though the numbers will make a case for thugz to be #4/5 probably, especially after beating smeesh, but he needs to dethrone Jarrell or beat Echo who I honestly think is getting closer to my skill than Thugz is. Echo adapts, Thugz spams d-smash.

Next would be Smeesh (his MM means he has participated in brawl, so he is active) game genie, then MK Mike, then Aura, then JBM.

If I voted I would have myself be #1 until Tyser decides to go to more than 2 tournaments a year for brawl OOS. But once he went to 3 I'd say he's #1, lol. Trent beat Triple R and Joker so him being #1 is more solid than anything I've done this year, but I don't have any bad losses and even Tyser would genuinely say I've improved at this game.

Edit: Also, this was suggested on Omaha Melee, but I think we should do Melee doubles instead of Brawl doubles unless Iowa completely disagrees, because that would be more fun and get more people interested.

resTy

Smash Champion
^ Above post.
But Fino is from Kansas and nobody even likes that guy. Not to mention, Nebraska wasn't even talking shit. It's not really our style to disrespect people during a match although it will happen from time to time. It was DSM/DMI/515. I think the only time anyone from around here said anything was after the set when he thought he could pop off and got told to sit down.

As for the ranks, I guess they're okay.

Dark Yoshi seriously isn't even good. I'm surprised people lose to him, honestly. Across map dash attacks like it's a job. Despite being not very good, he is probably #4 still...

Thug is after him. Thug plays a scrubby Meta Knight and an even scrubbier Pikachu but he's improving little by little. You should just say MK is your main because you play him WAAYYY better than Pikachu. You enjoy throwing Smash moves when you're scared and Pikachu isn't good at doing that. /advice

Then Smeesh probably, except Smeesh is kind of not so good anymore.

Mexi > GameGenie, IMO. Mexi plays elementary but he's consistent and doesn't get completely destroyed all the time like he used to.

GameGenie still doesn't know how to control his own character so he can't possibly be this high up. He's getting better but he needs to practice in his room if he wants to see results.

Then probably JBM and the rest is a blur.

THuGz

Smash Lord
Message to everyone who talks about my skill: stfu until I can actually play the people you are comparing me to. This **** is getting annoying. Rob talks **** about echo being better than me and I have no clue where this **** about yosh is coming from, let me play them in a serious set then figure it the **** out. I won't be able to make Aura's this month cuz I'll be in DC but I'd be up for doing a series of sufficiently high dollar mm's the Friday before Joker's, or at Joker's if Yosh and Echo are going.

On a general note, smashboards is starting to piss me the **** off. If you take out the trolling and the gay talk in the Iowa thread, it's people talking **** about how good they are compared to other people and I'm sick of it. I am almost *positive* that I am better than Yosh and I'm fairly sure I'm better than echo, but I've held my tongue cuz those sets still need to happen. On the other hand, it's people who are have such huge egos they think they can dictate down what the truth is. Rob is good, yes, and his game is mostly reading and being extremely safe with Wolf, something that pisses me off, but I take games off of his Wolf, regardless of what **** he says. Tyser is also pretty good, although if I'm as big a scrub as it's said I am, I wouldn't have taken a game off of both of his mains, as well as some other random high tiers we played against each other.

All this **** with mm's, everyone is up to trash talk me, and if I beat them, what? it was just some joke and we get to all forget about it? Some ******* in MI gets to flame me for pages in a thread and I get fed up after he says he can beat me with any character so I say okay, $500 mm against your ganon, and he gives me his chicken **** and tries to john out of it, when everyone just acts like I'm the one acting out of line and some kid just gets a free pass to flame me and talk about how bad I am?

This **** is pissing me off. I've spent hundreds of dollars on this ****ing game and hours of effort, something that 2, occasionally 3, people in this state have done, and even if I'm not that good yet, I deserve ****ing respect. I'm done with this ****, I'll just play games and keep to myself, go OOS when I can, and get as good as I can, but I don't need this constant comparison and trash talk.

PS: If you're so harsh to compare me to other people, where are the comparisons with Echo and Yosh? Has Yosh ever even beaten smeesh? Has Echo taken a single game off you rob? Has he placed/beat people OOS that were decent? Does he have MU experience? I don't care how good other people are, if they're good then that's cool, but if you're going to set this ridiculous standard of comparing people on all these things, then be consistent.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Message to everyone who talks about my skill: stfu until I can actually play the people you are comparing me to. This **** is getting annoying. Rob talks **** about echo being better than me and I have no clue where this **** about yosh is coming from, let me play them in a serious set then figure it the **** out. I won't be able to make Aura's this month cuz I'll be in DC but I'd be up for doing a series of sufficiently high dollar mm's the Friday before Joker's, or at Joker's if Yosh and Echo are going.

On a general note, smashboards is starting to piss me the **** off. If you take out the trolling and the gay talk in the Iowa thread, it's people talking **** about how good they are compared to other people and I'm sick of it. I am almost *positive* that I am better than Yosh and I'm fairly sure I'm better than echo, but I've held my tongue cuz those sets still need to happen. On the other hand, it's people who are have such huge egos they think they can dictate down what the truth is. Rob is good, yes, and his game is mostly reading and being extremely safe with Wolf, something that pisses me off, but I take games off of his Wolf, regardless of what **** he says. Tyser is also pretty good, although if I'm as big a scrub as it's said I am, I wouldn't have taken a game off of both of his mains, as well as some other random high tiers we played against each other.

All this **** with mm's, everyone is up to trash talk me, and if I beat them, what? it was just some joke and we get to all forget about it? Some ******* in MI gets to flame me for pages in a thread and I get fed up after he says he can beat me with any character so I say okay, $500 mm against your ganon, and he gives me his chicken **** and tries to john out of it, when everyone just acts like I'm the one acting out of line and some kid just gets a free pass to flame me and talk about how bad I am?

This **** is pissing me off. I've spent hundreds of dollars on this ****ing game and hours of effort, something that 2, occasionally 3, people in this state have done, and even if I'm not that good yet, I deserve ****ing respect. I'm done with this ****, I'll just play games and keep to myself, go OOS when I can, and get as good as I can, but I don't need this constant comparison and trash talk.

PS: If you're so harsh to compare me to other people, where are the comparisons with Echo and Yosh? Has Yosh ever even beaten smeesh? Has Echo taken a single game off you rob? Has he placed/beat people OOS that were decent? Does he have MU experience? I don't care how good other people are, if they're good then that's cool, but if you're going to set this ridiculous standard of comparing people on all these things, then be consistent.
lol this is almost as good as my fake rage post on Fino.

bolded is hypocritical, btw you need to quit missing auras if you want to team ever. Also you need to play against D-Yosh to move up the PR to 5th, I doubt Tyser/Trent would be that impressed if you beat Echo even though I might be, depending on how he played.

I play safe against Meta-Knight and Pikachu, yep, true. Getting grabbed is death in one scenero and against MK you have to play smart otherwise you lose if you're wolf. You've beaten my wolf before, but less since you've been back from Michigan tbh, and you know it. You've beaten my Link 3 times only, though.

Tyser could help explain to you why you lose to me pretty easily if you'd just ask him to watch our matches and talk to you afterwards about it. ?Beating D3 with MK is easy I guess? and these are friendlies.

I respect you but it doesn't mean I can't make fun of you, hell it means I should be doing it more, so quit whining and get better. Get trolled harder too.

Edit: D-Yosh has beaten Smeesh, Jlo and myself in tournament before. Echo got 2nd at the 1st Brawl tournament that Joker held. He hasn't played much but he's one of the best melee players and is transitioning really well.

resTy

Smash Champion
This dude brings up friendlies lol. That's like me saying I'm suddenly good at Melee because I beat JBM and Smeesh and David sometimes when in actuality I'm terrible at the game. Friendlies don't matter when you get shit in tournament sets. I'll say this though, if you ever beat me in a tourney set then I will give you some respect. In the mean time, you're just a henchman/underling.

Also, stop being so mad because of THE INTERNET. It's embarrassing. You care WAY too much about how people think of you and it's sad. A lot of people on this forum are professional Internet Warriors incase you didn't know. Learn the internet and then come back to Smashboards.

Edited all the really mean shit I just posted so you don't get more butthurt, baby.

DeLux

I'll play all of you at my tourney if you'd like.

And then I'll post my feedback on power ranking if you'd like.

IMO, Rob is at the top of my list since we last played, although in Tyser's defense he and I only played two friendlies for me to judge so they don't really matter lol

I don't remember anyone else tbh so I either didn't play you, or if we did you didn't make an immediate impact of "he's good/decent/better than me at brawl"

DeLux for Nebraska Power Ranking Panelist? :)

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
I am not that skilled man IDK why Rob is putting me higher than I should and I can understand why Mexi is better than me. I win a few times against him while other times he bodies me from time to time but it will be close games also I mess us on my DACUS about 35% of time the only thing I seen in my game was playing more careful at David's and using better DI at times everything else is still the same.

khoward

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, i hope rob told you im hosting this weekend on saturday around noon. I will be borrowing my friends wii, but it would be great if someone brought some and controllers as well. If you guys are looking to smash for fun 2day let me know. 319-7232

Top Bottom