• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Aura's Monthlies: on hiatus

resTy

Smash Champion
I want to know why Aura wants all these gimmicks on his stage list. I would really like an explanation so that it doesn't sound as selfish as "I want it like this, so it's staying like this." As the host, he owes it to us. *waits

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Only people who I'll play Brawl with more than once a week is with Rob and Austin and maybe some of the Melee people because they're my homies. Everyone else I'll just sandbag and use random characters. Basically, I'll make you feel really awesome at the game so be happy.
Who the hell is Austin? Is Auspher moving to Nebraska?

And Tyser, none of the melee people want anything to do with your MK or D3.

I'm not happy enough said.
Hey you've improved, just keep coming to games and get your license.

I don't like infinite's but other than that I like it. Lylat as a starter is interesting.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Actually Echo and David probably do but JBM and Smeesh like to pretend they don't want to play brawl so probably. Nims just hates getting grabbed and doesn't even like facing Thugz's MK.

resTy

Smash Champion
Mike and David? That's surprising to know. Mike could be really good because he's just really good at any game he touches and David is the king of games so that speaks for itself. David is hella out of practice though. He was doing a lot of amateur things last night that he used to never do or maybe it's just been that long and that stuff worked in 2008 :'P Also, dunno if you caught it but I almost timed out Devon in our tourney mode match. One minute remained and I planned on camping ledge but Devon said no and pursued me and I won. It was funny. Brawl is silly.

But yeah, if the Melee guys ever wanna get into Brawl seriously, I might be down. They don't know how to play the game but their smarts from Melee should carry over and that should make for good games and quick learning. If they get involved, we might actually get some good players in this area for once :') Should be interesting.

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
Brawl sucks when compared to Melee. Considering how our scene is mostly Melee ( or those who are willing/wanting to play melee), Brawl will never be taken seriously or have the players to be good at it.

Im sorry to say this bluntly, but as far as i've seen no one really understands how to be good at brawl, or people have the urge to become good or great. Id say im average-good in melee, and from playing brawl on and off as i do i still do better than the locals in brawl who are actually interested in the game. This shouldn't happen, because i don't know anything about the current metagame of brawl.

Im talking to brawl players that aren't trent, rob, or megarobman. Besides these 3 im pretty sure i can beat everyone consistently (David and Devon as well if we are all not rusty in brawl).

Im not saying i'm better than you as your excuse, im saying you guys don't try hard enough/think about it enough/ know what to think about to get better.

If you want people to get better people need to start trying harder and actually care to win. Thugz is on his move now hopefully he doesn't lose his drive.

resTy

Smash Champion
Actually, everyone understands exactly what it takes to be good at Brawl. Understanding and putting it into practice are different things though. I know that's probably what you meant but I thought I'd point it out in case that's not what you meant. Everyone needs to do what GameGenie said and, "Get the dick out your ass and play gay!"

THuGz

Smash Lord
Lol bro, there are only 3 people in nebraska who try at brawl... if you have any skill in melee, you shouldn't lose to people who are interested in brawl that don't practice

resTy

Smash Champion
Lol bro, there are only 3 people in nebraska who try at brawl... if you have any skill in melee, you shouldn't lose to people who are interested in brawl that don't practice
If I recall correctly, nobody who mains Brawl has ever taken a set from anyone in Nebraska who mains Melee. Does this post even make sense? Thugz being bad at everything apparently...

EDIT: Correction, Smeesh lost to Mew2King in Melee a year ago.

I'm so happy I came to games last night just because I was present for this.
Same.

AuraStUrm

Smash Journeyman
It's funny, Joker's tournaments have had pretty much the same stagelist as these for as long as I can remember and I don't remember ONE instance of anyone complaining about it. Hell, Dan used pretty much the same list and I don't remember anyone complaining then.

Really, what does the game gain by us taking away perfectly legitimate stages? Nothing. NOT A GOD DAMN THING. The uniqueness of the stages are a part of what makes Brawl unique as a competitive game, and a part of why we love the game so much - why would we play the game at this level if we didn't like it? The entire Smash community has always been ******** when it comes to stages, hating on legitimate stages for no other reason than because people don't like them, never mind how much better or deeper the game would be competitively if the stages could be used. Really, the stages should stay because the game is better competitively with them than without them.

Honestly, I'm totally perplexed as to why people all of a sudden hate this stagelist when we've used it for every monthly thus far and since Joker and Dan have always used pretty much the same list (guess calling attention to it was a bad idea…).

resTy

Smash Champion
@1st Paragraph: You don't pay attention to Joker's Thread enough. I've been around there since it's creation so I know for a fact that people had mixed opinions about the stagelist and Joker changed them when he had to. Know your shit before you post. As for Dan, we did discuss the stages on a few occasions. My memory is a little fuzzy here, but if I recall correctly, he looked at threads and determined a decent stage list from the things he read AS WELL as input from the players of Nebraska Smash and the Smash Community in general.

@2nd Paragraph: You're a total scrub if you really believe that bullshit you just posted about stage legitimacy. If you ever pay attention to the discussion boards about the rulings and stage lists, you would know just how bad certain stages are and the reason(s) they got rid of them. Some stages give certain characters ridiculously large advantages and others large disadvantages. How does leaving these stages make the game "better competitively" when you can turn the tides just by choosing a stage? Exactly bro, it doesn't make it better. It makes it fuckin ******** and unplayable.

Think about this for a while and you'll probably come to a realization. Your entire post sounds like this, "The Smash community is wrong and doesn't know what they're talking about even though they play this game like their life and do the research and put time in the lab. I'm Aura and these dudes don't know what they're doing. I'm correct." This is me keeping it so real, dude.

Also, competitive Brawl is not fun. You should already know that.

@3rd Paragraph: I'm pretty sure nobody was even aware that your stage list was that gimmick. I know I didn't until shit hit the fan just now. I'm not even sure if you've given me an answer to the question I asked earlier but what ever. I don't even care anymore. This is your tournament so do with it how you want with it. This is just my two cents on your opinion on the subject.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Mike and David? That's surprising to know. Mike could be really good because he's just really good at any game he touches and David is the king of games so that speaks for itself. Also, dunno if you caught it but I almost timed out Devon in our tourney mode match. One minute remained and I planned on camping ledge but Devon said no and pursued me and I won. It was funny. Brawl is silly.

But yeah, if the Melee guys ever wanna get into Brawl seriously, I might be down.
agreed with this, I'm excited Echo wants to get involved. David will play it randomly when he gets bored playing whatever else. I'm just giving smeesh a hard time because he quit hard on brawl.

Considering how our scene is mostly Melee ( or those who are willing/wanting to play melee), Brawl will never be taken seriously or have the players to be good at it.
Id say im average-good in melee, and from playing brawl on and off as i do i still do better than the locals in brawl who are actually interested in the game. This shouldn't happen, because i don't know anything about the current metagame of brawl.
Im talking to brawl players that aren't trent, rob, or megarobman. Besides these 3 im pretty sure i can beat everyone consistently (David and Devon as well if we are all not rusty in brawl).
If you want people to get better people need to start trying harder and actually care to win. Thugz is on his move now hopefully he doesn't lose his drive.
Yeah. But you beating our brawl players in brawl shouldn't be too surprising, smash is still smash and basic knowledge or mind games still work. We don't practice enough to develop an ability to actually play inside the metagame. My Link should NOT get Tyser to 90% on his last stock as MK, but it happens becuase I've commited to learning Link where as he just leaves off where he last was becuase he doesn't play. He's still a better player, I just know how to play as Link against MetaKnight because I've read about it and play a lot of Link. :BOMBS:

I count as two people because my internet ego is huge.

Everyone needs to do what GameGenie said and, "Get the dick out your ass and play gay!"
This was a great moment in time.

This is true.

If I recall correctly, nobody who mains Brawl has ever taken a set from anyone in Nebraska who mains Melee. Does this post even make sense? Thugz being bad at everything apparently...

EDIT: Correction, Smeesh lost to Mew2King in Melee a year ago.

Same.
Are we talking in brawl or melee? I've taken sets against Melee players in melee and taken sets against melee players in brawl. But then again, I'm a Smash player, don't need to specify, even though I'm pretty basic at Melee :)

I want to mm everyone in brawl lol. You should smashfest with me and Rob on saturday :3
Thugz is willing to lose up to 50 dollars and spend 20 dollars in gas ladies and gentalmen. If Nims won't host, I think Dan will even though he's at work.

Honestly, I'm totally perplexed as to why people all of a sudden hate this stagelist when we've used it for every monthly thus far and since Joker and Dan have always used pretty much the same list (guess calling attention to it was a bad idea…).
Meh, they want you to keep up with the times. BTW I'd enter doubles if Pirate Ship was legal. Seriously, doubles should have fun stages legal.

My memory is a little fuzzy here, but if I recall correctly, he looked at threads and determined a decent stage list from the things he read AS WELL as input from the players of Nebraska Smash and the Smash Community in general.

Also, competitive Brawl is not fun. You should already know that.
Dan did change the stage list twice, even though he didn't listen to my advice, the creampiestain.

I find competitive brawl fun so long as I'm not getting IC grabbed. I don't play against D3 enough to hate that match up, but it's really a lot of fun to me.

THuGz

Smash Lord
JBM, you better include me on that list if you know what's good for you.

But yeah, Saturday, people come play games with us, and take my money if you think you can

Echo

Smash Champion
I forgot this thread existed!

JBM, the problem for me is that Melee has bored me for quite a while now, and its becoming obvious I'm just not getting back into the game. Brawl is certainly a flawed game, but I've had a lot of fun playing it lately. Though I have an unwaivering dedication to Ness, and I'm well aware of what disadvantages I give myself, all in all I still want to have some fun.

Tyser I think its vital for you to just be real with brawl. Its obvious you could potentially be a top player in the region, and if you took it seriously I think you could help the entire crew get better. Remember when we first met you guys for melee we did all we could to help you guys. Now you could lead the team. We've all went through our brawl bashing stage, I know, I've been there... but its time for me to play the game for what it is.

As far as rules go, grab release infinites should be banned imo.

THuGz

Smash Lord
Lol, Echo you should pick a better character... but I promise never to infinite you =P
I agree with what Echo said. I travel and try plenty hard for games, but it sucks only having rob as consistent practice =\ NE should become a brawl state (^________________^)

resTy

Smash Champion
Tyser I think its vital for you to just be real with brawl. Its obvious you could potentially be a top player in the region, and if you took it seriously I think you could help the entire crew get better. Remember when we first met you guys for melee we did all we could to help you guys. Now you could lead the team. We've all went through our brawl bashing stage, I know, I've been there... but its time for me to play the game for what it is.
I remember when you guys helped us get better and I appreciate that. The only thing I got with the Brawl kids is that they don't have as much dedication and drive as people like me, you, Devon, JBM and Ben had with Melee. We used to game once or twice a week; sometimes more. People would even stay the night and just game all night; STD! We were all still in high school too lol. If we could do it when we were still in high school then these new guys could do the same, ya know? I just have a problem with the kids mainly because they don't come out frequently but they still insist on getting better.

But yeah, I'll try to be more supportive and less of a raging basher. I know what you mean and you're right.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
As far as rules go, grab release infinites should be banned imo.
I agree with this.

The only thing I got with the Brawl kids is that they don't have as much dedication and drive as people like me, you, Devon, JBM and Ben had with Melee. I just have a problem with the kids mainly because they don't come out frequently but they still insist on getting better.

But yeah, I'll try to be more supportive and less of a raging basher. I know what you mean and you're right.
I mean I try and game every single night of the week, lol. Though I am 25 and don't qualify as kids or only a brawler as previously reported on this thread.

My wolf doesn't improve because I don't have someone on my level to play against consistently without you, Tyser. I can develop secondaries against other people, but true learning doesn't occur without your playing me in Brawl, so hopefully you'll support me so I can develop a top-tier and make it worth your while to play me, I've been practicing Diddy a bit.

ShermantheTank

Smash Journeyman
Dan did change the stage list twice, even though he didn't listen to my advice, the creampiestain.
That's because you wanted Pictochat banned, and that just wasn't gonna happen.

Doesn't NE talk about anything else?
I try, but it doesn't exactly happen. Most people, you start talking about philosophy, and they either just listen and passively agree, or tune out entirely.

NE should become a brawl state
Or we could all pick a game worth playing.

Wait, even better. Let's all develop skill-sets that will be applicable in real life.

gantrain05

Smash Master
i agree with everything echo said, except the part of ness being a bad char. he's not amazing, but he's totally underrated, if you play super safe/gay with ness he's very tough to beat with almost any char.

and i'll make a deal with you Tyser, if you start taking brawl serious, i'll get super serious about the game again and whenever i get my car in the next couple months i'll even make trips up to NE a couple times a month for smashfests/tournies/beer. then maybe that way we can get u NE guys up to par with the rest of the MW.

THuGz

Smash Lord
I play smash for 2 hours + every day at UNL and have gone OOS half of the weekends in the last 2 months and have gone to Omaha just about every other one of those weekends, to get better at brawl. I know Rob is always down too, we just need more people. And for everyone to move to Lincoln.

PS: I'm trying to/(I'm trying to get Rob to) organize games in Omaha Saturday for Brawl practice. Can anyone host? I'm trying to get Rob to ask MK Mike and I've clearly told him everything he needs to know to do so, but I figure he is either drunk or thoroughly ******** tonight.

Top Bottom