• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Aura's Monthlies: on hiatus

THuGz

Smash Lord
friday friday gotta get down on friday
Rob, we should have a wolf tournament, you'd probably win if you di correctly :troll:

HQYZ

Smash Apprentice
Haha, I have no idea what ThuGz is saying. [Not that that's different from normally but you know]

Kuares

Pizza
Don't worry Thug, I will forever be a Bus Stop organizer.

And stalling is I throw my hands up in the air sometimes. Saying a yo, baby let's go!

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
I guess.

So, today I played Brawl for a few hours against some "randoms". Not too bad, they might show up to auras or whenever we actually do Brawling. One of them started playing Wolf similar to how I do, but he actually uses B-air, lol.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
I'm interested to go to Joker's and Ogre Smash this month. I have enough money to go to 1 of them at the moment.

Trent

Smash Champion
Sherlock Doom's Bi Weekly of Doom: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=59789
April 9th

Starter:
Battlefield
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
Smashville
Lylat Cruise
Final Destination
Castle Siege
Pokémon Stadium

Counter-pick:
Brinstar
Frigate Orpheon
Rainbow Cruise
Pokémon Stadium 2
PictoChat
Halberd
Delfino Plaza

WHY SO SERIOUS?: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=176740
April 23rd

Neutral Stages:
- Battlefield
- Final Destination
- Yoshi's Island
- Pokemon Stadium 1
- Battleship Halberd
- Smashville
- Lylat Cruise

Counterpicks:
-Delfino Plaza
-Frigate Orpheon
-PictoChat
-Pokemon Stadium 2
-Jungle Japes
-Green Greens
-Castle Siege
-Rainbow Cruise
-Brinstar

Event 52: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=298236
May 7th

Starter Stages: (Top seed strikes 1 stages first, then the other player strikes 2 stages, then the top seed picks between the final 2 remaining stages)

Battlefield
Pokemon Stadium 1
Lylat Cruise
Smashville
Yoshi’s Island

Counterpick stages: (each player receives 1 ban per set)

Castle Siege
Final Destination
Delfino Plaza
Brinstar
Halberd
Frigate Orpheon
Pictochat
Pokémon Stadium 2
Rainbow Cruise

Brainshock Beta: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=296956

Starter Stages

- Battlefield
- Final Destination
- Halberd
- Lylat Cruise
- Pokemon Stadium 1
- Smashville
- Yoshi's Island (Brawl)

Counter-Pick Stages

- Brinstar
- Castle Siege
- Delfino Plaza
- Frigate Orpheon
- PictoChat
- Pokemon Stadium 2
- Rainbow Cruise

Tournaments coming up around our area. None of them use Japes or Norfair as stages (Except Joker who still uses Japes and Green Greens, which I disapprove of and needs to be changed) I don't see why you keep these stages. If it's to try to "advance the meta game," then that's dumb, since it's a small NE tourny that only 11 people show up too. If it's to be "different," that's dumb. If it's because you say so, that's selfish.

If you wanna keep Japes, I still disapprove heavily, but it's acceptable since Joker has yet to remove it. However, NO ONE is using Norfair. Why have it in, when the point of these tournaments is to get practice for OoS?

resTy

Smash Champion
I do agree that Aura's choice of stages is ******** but in the end this is just a Nebraska tournament which amounts to a little more than shit on it's best day. I think it should be okay to let it fly since I hear people are actually trying to have "fun" with this game...

If people wanna get better, they will counterpick something that will be realistic to them later on down the line. If they wanna play gimmicks, time them out. Nobody in this state is good enough, or smart enough for that matter, to know how to deal with purposeful timeouts anyways. And if the stage list is this ********, there better not be a LGL. Might as well make it fair for all.

Only people who are ever a threat are out of staters anyways. If we're ever faced with an all Nebraska tournament, myself, Rob and Austin should just play it out and call it a day.

Real talk though, these monthlies aren't even necessary anymore. Nobody plays the game.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
If people wanna get better, they will counterpick something that will be realistic to them later on down the line. If they wanna play gimmicks, time them out. Nobody in this state is good enough, or smart enough for that matter, to know how to deal with purposeful timeouts anyways. And if the stage list is this ********, there better not be a LGL. Might as well make it fair for all.
Other than the LGL comment, I agree with all this. I didn't know GG's was legal at jokers, I'm gonna have to use that one.

Excpet a few randoms @ auras, hopefully

Trent

Smash Champion
I do agree that Aura's choice of stages is ******** but in the end this is just a Nebraska tournament which amounts to a little more than shit on it's best day. I think it should be okay to let it fly since I hear people are actually trying to have "fun" with this game...

Only people who are ever a threat are out of staters anyways. If we're ever faced with an all Nebraska tournament, myself, Rob and Austin should just play it out and call it a day.

Real talk though, these monthlies aren't even necessary anymore. Nobody plays the game.
This. Aura, if you don't want to host tournaments, you shouldn't feel obligated too. However, if you DO wish too, by all means go for it. No one is going to look down upon you for canceling these tournaments indefinately.

Have you even been taken to Norfair?
Yeah. It's a great time out stage for Sonic against a majority of the cast. I'm actually fond of both Norfair and Japes, it's just the fact that noone uses those stages any more. I just don't like Norfair against Wario, or Japes against Falco. :awesome:

khoward

Smash Rookie
Hey, new to forums

Me and my friend are thinking of playing some more competitive people in the omaha area. Looking forward to tournaments, but dont know much of the rules yet. We have been gaming for awhile and I may try and get a group together soon. Let me know if you guys would like to come and show us a thing or two.

THuGz

Smash Lord
Sherlock Doom's Bi Weekly of Doom: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=59789
April 9th

Starter:
Battlefield
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
Smashville
Lylat Cruise
Final Destination
Castle Siege
Pokémon Stadium

Counter-pick:
Brinstar
Frigate Orpheon
Rainbow Cruise
Pokémon Stadium 2
PictoChat
Halberd
Delfino Plaza
Just so you know, the last Witchita bi-weekly used green greens =P

Trent

Smash Champion
Me and my friend are thinking of playing some more competitive people in the omaha area. Looking forward to tournaments, but dont know much of the rules yet. We have been gaming for awhile and I may try and get a group together soon. Let me know if you guys would like to come and show us a thing or two.
I would highly advise going to this tournament to get somewhat of a feel for what's in store. Ask MegaRobMan for updates on games whenever they happen, since a majority of them happen in Omaha.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
We are playing games tonight at Davids, if Thugz comes down from Lincoln there will be brawl for sure. 10:30 start time.

THuGz

Smash Lord
PS: me and megarobman would love it if one of the people out of your group of friends lived on the side of omaha closer to Lincoln. If that was the case, I'd be so happy (^______^)

BPx

Smash Lord
Don't cancel the monthlies... I actually really like coming to these, its nice to get a little more serious practice in, and we Iowans get to see you guys :O

ShermantheTank

Smash Journeyman
Don't cancel the monthlies... I actually really like coming to these, its nice to get a little more serious practice in, and we Iowans get to see you guys :O
Even if the tournaments did get canceled, I'd be more than happy to host if you guys wanted to come down for a day/night just to game/hang out. Maybe Joker could convince Rob/Tyser to money match to get some money back? Whatever...

In any event, I want to point out that we're in the last month/month-and-a-half of the school year. Chances are Aura is bogged down by homework.

THuGz

Smash Lord
There's nothing going on this weekend and I want to game, would anyone be interested in a smashfest this weekend? If all the NE smashers/JBM came, and we had like a $5 entry, we could just have like a small 10 man tourney, just for more practice. And that way echo and MK mike could enter and do work with their mad low tier skillz :3

PS: Rob says he agrees with this idea
PPS: I'll mm anyone in the area that isn't rob or tyser

AuraStUrm

Smash Journeyman
In any event, I want to point out that we're in the last month/month-and-a-half of the school year. Chances are Aura is bogged down by homework.
Hellz yeah, this week in particular is probably the worst week of the year for me because I've got like 40 million things due AND Much Ado About Nothing this weekend AND three concerts within the next week, FML.

PS: The stagelist is staying (though I must have been high when I made Port Town legal; I practiced on it the other day and it is seriously ********).

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
First Off, FUqING RANDOMnice to meet KHoward, GG's.

So what? He doesn't even interact with the community. He doesn't matter...
DYosh has came to Nims's place a few times to play brawl tbh, and to both of the smashfests I've held, though one of them was like a 3 day Mega Man Gameboy/Smash binge so there was a lot of opportunity, hell, IanWinter came 2/3 days and I had never met him before that.

Wait, who was talking about canceling them?

Maybe Joker could convince Rob/Tyser to money match to get some money back? Whatever...
"Hey Joker, here's 5 dollars, thanks for coming. Hope this covers gas."

PPS: I'll mm anyone in the area that isn't rob or tyser
So far, verbally

Smeesh, Echo, Nims (No MK), GameGenie, JBM, Cue, Tyser and I will all money match you.

But that doesn't mean they will do it again :/ Shoulda came, it was the biggest Omaha brawlfest ever, like 9 people for 70 minutes. Then I played a bunch of matches against Tyser and GG222.

And technically Tyser said he didn't want to take your money, but would if you made him.

PS: The stagelist is staying (though I must have been high when I made Port Town legal; I practiced on it the other day and it is seriously ********).
Wait until you are a senior before you make high decisions again.

If you made the entry fee free, I probably still wouldn't enter...
See Thugz, that's why you should have came, there's no way Tyser will come for brawl more than once a week.

THuGz

Smash Lord
So far, verbally

Smeesh, Echo, Nims (No MK), GameGenie, JBM, Cue, Tyser and I will all money match you.
Lol whatever man, I'm sure all of those people will gladly mm me again. Like saturday? :3
We should just make a smashfest around people mming me and watching my mms. And a side event of brawl brackets.

PS: and crews!!!! even melee people like brawl crews

resTy

Smash Champion
Only people who I'll play Brawl with more than once a week is with Rob and Austin and maybe some of the Melee people because they're my homies. Everyone else I'll just sandbag and use random characters. Basically, I'll make you feel really awesome at the game so be happy.

Top Bottom