• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Aura Malarkey in 3D .:. Lsgd

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
:156: <object style="height: 0; width: 0"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JcSAbOIc0I8?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JcSAbOIc0I8?version=3=1&rel=0&autoplay=1&loop=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="0" height="0"></object>

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
It has been confirmed by multiple people that you can do it...but good luck actually catching a Diddy with it.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
you also do realise that when he's under 75% he's nerfed? :/

I'd actually prefer being at 75% aura all the time. Luc is pretty strong then.

You do realize absolutely NOTHING practical will kill you below 100%, right? You will consistently be aura boosted during a match because of this stupid mechanic.

Also, music sucks.

/hardsalt.

Steam

Smash Hero
You do realize absolutely NOTHING practical will kill you below 100%, right? You will consistently be aura boosted during a match because of this stupid mechanic.

Also, music sucks.

/hardsalt.[/COLOR]
but like. If Lucario dies at 130 from something he's still probably spending more time under 75% unless the character ***** the beginning of his stock really hard.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
but like. If Lucario dies at 130 from something he's still probably spending more time under 75% unless the character ***** the beginning of his stock really hard.
In 08, it was dumb to have aura because nobody really knew much about momentum canceling, although Lucario had more efficient damage racking so it helped, plus other characters weren't discovered to surpass lucario, so he was "good" way early in the game, also because of an amazing player repping him.

In 09, it was a little better because we learned about momentum canceling, but we weren't fully aware of the overall best strategy in Brawl: poking and turtling (at least I think it wasn't as well known/internalized as it is now).

2010, we see top lucarios living to insane percents if they don't SD/choke. This is because they're finally using aura to its best potential. I think one of the overlooked aspects is that aura makes moves safer as they go up in aura, making up for the semi slow startup. btw if you're moves are -6 or lower, you're usually good to go lol. Lucario's aura sure it does damage, but it also rewards poking and safer movements more, and then rewards even heavily for an opening/read.

I would say 'tis a good year to be a lucario, and I wouldn't actually trade aura for a static 75%. I'm looking more into this, but I've been noticing a phenomenon that I want to see exists, and if it does, it actually gives pre-75% aura a good utility.

culexus・wau

Purchased premium only to change name ><
do it phil i'll coach you + **** talk vato

LETS GO PHIL

GIVE HIM DAT SCIENCE!

THE POWER OF SCIENCE

I HEARD VATO GOT A D IN SCIENCE

DAT AURASPHERE

OH OH OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH

Browny

Smash Hater
Espy y u so mad

is it coz luc boards are so chill while sonic boards are just trolls and trash talking kids?

SugarNerd

Smash Cadet
Guys, I timed out a mk main and he got so salty he said check the edge grabs. Only one grab though. The furiness prevailed.

Lucario for top tier.

Steam

Smash Hero
Guys, I timed out a mk main and he got so salty he said check the edge grabs. Only one grab though. The furiness prevailed.

Lucario for top tier.
That MK must be absolutely awful. only 1 ledgegrab? :I

I would have just like SD'd my last stock with 5 seconds left out of shame

SugarNerd

Smash Cadet
Yeah he was super salty, and he callig really bad insults. No one can handle the furriness. Even if he was bad, it made me feel super good.

Linkshot

Smash Hero
That's nothing. I just lived to 810% against Intense SSE Tabuu with Olimar.
Whistle is so ghey <33333

Then he tried to swirlyball underneath the floor but I farted on his face and he died.
I lol'd so hard.

Top Bottom