• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Attention! You all suck at Brawl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Igneous42

Smash Ace
...ok......

So just because a game hasn't been out that long doesn't mean we can say people look good? Sure they aren't at the pinnacle of competative play yet but that doesn't mean we can't compliment people on the here and now. You can't say everyone sucks at brawl until you have a better standard to compare it to.

TheMintyCookie

Smash Journeyman
I think Hugs whole attempt at anything backfired. Some of these posters made good points about what's good and what's not good and time consideration too. I think Hugs is like **** they made good points and i'm wrong so I'm pissed now and I'm gonna make fun of some of these posters instead. :laugh:

SimaMatt

Smash Journeyman
I agree with everything Hugs says except...
At least give the game more than 2 weeks post release before you start claiming that you or anyone is good at it.
I'd give it at least a month or two before claiming anyone is good but that's just me ¯\( ° 3°)/¯

Noypi_GjD

Smash Journeyman
While I agree that no one playing brawl right now is a pro.

I disagree with the way this is presented. Telling everyone that they suck **** at a game to me, just makes you look like an authority figure who thinks they have a large e-****. 'suck' and 'good' are subjective terms, people are free to compare two players if they want to. The metagame will change no doubt, but for now if they are good, than they can be called good until the game evolves even more. Its ridiculous to say that initial impressions of an evolving game are worthless and all we've seen is crap. Pardon me? I suppose all the so called 'good' things we have now such as Smash Brawl suck because we have to wait a bit more until something else replaces the current game play.

raphtmarqui

Smash Lord
The bottom line is in 3 4 5 years, people will be playing far better then we are right now/

Mecha Soul

Smash Apprentice
posting in a hugS topic

people might not be good, but they're comparatively good

Pokkit

Smash Cadet
HugS, you have a point. I'm just a smash noob according to the forum ranking, but I'm smart enough to know that we haven't even begun to fathom the meta-game here.

You can say certain people suck, though...

jdub03

Smash Journeyman
A three part question. Have you played brawl? What do you think of samus? Why do we have no videos of you playing?

Hero_of_Shadows

Smash Cadet
........so... someone who has never played SSB before could beat a Melee pro at Brawl?........I highly doubt it.

MK-Ultra

Smash Apprentice
And Pirkid, what i meant was that the extremeness of my post was meant to counter the extremeness of people's views on the existence of Brawl "pros". I was hoping you'd be able to understand that I DO see a middle ground.
I don't think anyone has said anything EXTREME in these regards. Jealousy methinks.

Completely unnecessary either way. What's it got to do with you?

SYC!

Smash Apprentice
Then Shut UP your not the best no one is in America
YAY! Mr. January 2008 arguing at VERY obvious sarcasm. With an intentional double post to boot!

GAWD I LOVE THESE BOARDS!

Anyways. On-topic: Not to be an intentional part of the gimpy and hugs circle-jerk, but I agree with them. Everyone sucks. Period. This is a dumb argument. Everyone sucks NOW. Let's stop arguing semantics and present-tense good against future-tense good.

Off-topic, To Gimpy or HugS: Does it ever get annoying that people HAVE to have something to say to you (for no reason) simply because you guys are Melee pros? Not saying the "circle-jerk" is ya'lls fault or anything. I really don't ever see famous board members egg it on, it just seems to HAPPEN. "OMFGz THAT GUY IZ TEH GOOD. MAYBE IF I TALK TO HIM I'll BE KEWL TOO!!!"

Well, at least that's how it looks from my end. :dizzy:

Jael Irish

Smash Apprentice
Why does everyone take such offense to being told they suck at a game that is not even out yet in a country where you live. If anything toughen up and accept the fact that in 2 weeks you are -not- a pro at a game that most cant even read the language on the screen of.

=Samus-Aran=

Smash Journeyman
I'm not that great in Melee. (So far in the past month) I will be worse at Brawl at first. o_0

Well said. I hope I'm better at it Brawl than Melee right now. (prays)

=S-A=

.:DRAKE:.

Smash Apprentice
"I beat some 7 year old at the E For All demo version of Brawl last year - that makes me the most Pro player in the US!"

Don't make me laugh. Brawl won't be released for another month and we're already throwing around names like "Pro" and "Noob" based on what, fuzzy pixelated videos on YouTube? Eugh.

MK-Ultra

Smash Apprentice
Why does everyone take such offense to being told they suck at a game that is not even out yet in a country where you live. If anything toughen up and accept the fact that in 2 weeks you are -not- a pro at a game that most cant even read the language on the screen of.

I think the real point is that HugS post has very aggressive tone, rather than constructive and that it's not even a point that needs to be made.

Even more importantly, HugS is one of the few people who could even get away with making such a ridiculous topic. If me, you, or just about anyone else in the smashboards community posted such a aggressive, aimless, topic it'd be closed without a second look.

Jael Irish

Smash Apprentice
I think the real point is that HugS post has very aggressive tone, rather than constructive and that it's not even a point that needs to be made.

Even more importantly, HugS is one of the few people who could even get away with making such a ridiculous topic. If me, you, or just about anyone else in the smashboards community posted such a aggressive, aimless, topic it'd be closed without a second look.
Point taken, i suppose suck could have been replaced with "Not as good as you will be", and "Please stop calling everyone -Pro-".

Exactly right, if I posted that I would have received the big ban boot.

Tank McCannon

Smash Journeyman
Hugs is right.

He's not insulting anyone's current play style, so try not to get that impression from this thread. When he says "everyone sucks", he just means that no one has taken this game anywhere near its full potential yet. That is all. Try not to take everything so literally.

MK-Ultra

Smash Apprentice
Hugs is right.

He's not insulting anyone's current play style, so try not to get that impression from this thread. When he says "everyone sucks", he just means that no one has taken this game anywhere near its full potential yet. That is all. Try not to take everything so literally.
Okay, and that accomplished what? Nothing. It's a troll thread. Don't glorify it.

HugS

Smash Champion
Southern California (818) San fernando valley
I don't think anyone has said anything EXTREME in these regards. Jealousy methinks.

Completely unnecessary either way. What's it got to do with you?
It has plenty to do with me. You don't think any suggestions of superiority or inferiority are directed at me on a daily basis about a game that hasn't even been out for 2 weeks?

Walk a mile...

For such a "pointless" topic, there seems to be a lot of people who wanted to hear it, and wanted others to consider it.

Skyshroud has elaborated on my thoughts very well. Many times this point has been missed.

If I have in fact missed any other points, I apologize. These brawl boards are very tough to keep up with while at work for 8 hours.

Tank McCannon

Smash Journeyman
Okay, and that accomplished what? Nothing. It's a troll thread. Don't glorify it.
I'm not glorifying anything. Hugs is just sick of seeing people toss around the terms "pro" and "noob" so early in the game. It's not his fault that people like you are taking this thread the wrong way.

Saying that he's the best and everyone else sucks would be a troll thread. Telling everyone that we all have a lot of work to do before any of us are considered good is not a troll thread. This isn't an insult or a troll thread, it's a fact.

raymanbud714

Smash Journeyman
in a way i agree... and yet disagree. yes all the videos we've seen are of sucky players... and it hasnt been out long enough for ppl to get good... but this game really isnt THAT different from melee! there should be SOME good players. i know several ppl will be naturals when they pick it up in march. including me. i mean... you dont forget how to fight. sure things are a bit different and i can get being sucky with new chars... but the ones who are playing as marth and such... they suck! which makes me mad.

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
It's sad that after a long time a respected poster on this forum has to state something about it.

Either way, I don't completely agree with this thread. No one's pro at the game yet, of course that's obvious. But not being a pro means you suck at it. People are still pretty skilled in the game, although there always will be better players.

That's that..

D1

Banned via Administration
Good sh** HugS I played plenty of pros that I know would floor me in Melee. In Brawl Wifi matches even though I won some matches I never took it to the head since its a new game. Great post I approve. Everyone needs to calm down and realize this game is new. We're all fighting to take this game to the proverbial "ceiling" as Suroush stated.

Anyhow, great read.

Off Topic:

Silven (black NYC Samus main that met u @ MLG NYC 06 a while ago), and Wes are already working to take Samus to another level as we speak ^_^.

Tell Gabe I said whaddup and Yoshi sucks in Brawl T_T...so far at least : /.

MK-Ultra

Smash Apprentice
All in all. What's the difference? You wont get people to stop saying it, and people saying "He has an amazing pit!" have no detrimental effect except to aggravate you a little bit. Especially when it's completely subjective in the first point. People can say whatever they want... unless... NO!... NOT CENSORSHIP!

Cubemario

Smash Journeyman
All very true, nobody is good, and they need to stop pretending that they are. It wasn't until a short while ago that we even knew about stale moves and sending power, a very basic part of the game.

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
Good sh** HugS I played plenty of pros that I know would floor me in Melee. In Brawl Wifi matches even though I won some matches I never took it to the head since its a new game. Great post I approve. Everyone needs to calm down and realize this game is new. We're all fighting to take this game to the proverbial "ceiling" as Suroush stated.

Anyhow, great read.

Off Topic:

Silven (black NYC Samus main that met u @ MLG NYC 06 a while ago), and Wes are already working to take Samus to another level as we speak ^_^.

Tell Gabe I said whaddup and Yoshi sucks in Brawl T_T...so far at least : /.

seizure

EDIT: Wow I got beaten to the most random comment lmao :[

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom