• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ATTENTION ALL TOURNEY HOSTS - Ban Ledge Stalling

Status
Not open for further replies.

l0zR=)

Smash Champion
if they wanna waste a match ledge stalling so be it. If they wanna actually feel good about themselves they should at least put up a fight and have some fun, its a game

Masky

Smash Master
why not just use pk thunder on them from a safe distance if they're ledgestalling? :confused:

Master Raven

Smash Master
why not just use pk thunder on them from a safe distance if they're ledgestalling? :confused:
I actually did some experimenting against ledge-stalling with a friend and tried that. Trust me it's not as easy as it may sound.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
If only people would listen to you LoZR...

Yay I taught Stingers how to play Marth basically! That makes me a co-author of his post!

Masky

Smash Master
I actually did some experimenting against ledge-stalling with a friend and tried that. Trust me it's not as easy as it may sound.
Was it Ness's PK Thunder or Lucas's? Because if it was Lucas's then it doesn't matter, his is inferior

BEHR

Smash Hero
Look the way to solve this is easy you transfer Melee Falcon in to Brawl and use a well timed Knee problem solved.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
If you see someone who gets a % lead in a match and tries to win the match by stalling at the ledge, giving him a huge unfair advantage over his opponent, BAN IT. Even if you never saw this before, I am telling you from experience that it happens, and it's really ********. BAN IT. Make a rule so that they have to touch the ground at least once every 10 seconds from the point of which they grab the ledge, or an even better idea is to have the option of having a judge (like a tourney host or someone trustworthy, I recommend the tourney host) to be called over to the TV.
....0_o;

Thanks Stinger.

Holy shi-

hungrybox

Smash Legend
Orlando, FL (walking distance from the Loop)
if you see someone who gets a % lead in a match and tries to win the match by stalling at the ledge, giving him a huge unfair advantage over his opponent, BAN IT. Even if you never saw this before, I am telling you from experience that it happens, and it's really ********. BAN IT. Make a rule so that they have to touch the ground at least once every 10 seconds from the point of which they grab the ledge, or an even better idea is to have the option of having a judge (like a tourney host or someone trustworthy, I recommend the tourney host) to be called over to the TV. Sheik and Jiggs could easily win matches in Melee this way, but everyone was too honorable to do it, because that ruins the point of the game, which is to be a fun FIGHTING game. Do you want people to travel to go to tourneys just to see THAT?

for those of you that aren't experienced in smash tourneys, this is a very cheap way to win, it's makes the game not fun to play... it doesn't even make it a game anymore, but rather an EXPLOITATION OF THE RULES. I remember Plank doing this to Eggm last year and him winning 2 tourney sets over him when he got a % lead. It's not to say he wouldn't have won, but it was done in a really dumb, boring way, giving a big advantage for no good reason. I tried this in 1 friendly vs chu dat last year sheik vs ICs in a friendly, I got a small % lead after shooting a needle then I ledge camped the rest of the time. Regardless if this was a friendly or not, I ended up 3 stocking him, while normally fighting properly it would be really close and at that time I probably would lose. King was ledge camping vs Forward in an OC3 match and Forward then said "that's all you have to do to win" and King responded with "yeah, it is" but since King is an honorable player, he finished the match properly by actual fighting.

Ledge Stalling needs to be banned, every Tourney Host needs to make sure that there is a ruleset that should have either 1) a 10 second rule for touching the ground of the stage or 2) a judge can be called over to prevent this from happening

there is no positive effect of allowing this at tourneys, all it does is ruin the game completely. We need to draw a line or else this won't even be a GAME anmore. And as far as I'm concerned, I like FIGHTING my opponents. Unless you want the future to be really boring and gay, I suggest you listen to my advice. Doing this will literally RUIN smash, so if you have any honor at ALL you should never resort to this.

Thanks for your time, and please do listen. I enjoy FIGHTING my opponents.

The sooner you do this the better, and remember - it can't hurt to be playing it safe, this will only help.
10 size7's

Shadowex3

Smash Apprentice
Why is this thread getting to 5ish pages? Stalling is already banned, edge stalling is no different from anything else. Whining about it this much just makes you seem... well... bifocallish. If someone stalls just call them out on it like you would in melee. You don't even need to worry about judges and whatnot, just get a witness or two.

Kagesekan

Smash Journeyman
Use a character that can stop a ledge staller? Learn how to stop ledge stalling? Or even better...don't get hit?
Brawl is a defensive game so of course it's going to be gay. I did manage to win a match at a tourney once where I dragged out the time with ROB (vs Snake) to 6:50/7:00 and noticed we were both one stock. He had a much lower % so I basically went beast mode, hit him with two lasers, chased him to the ledge, ran off the stage with fairs, and then spiked him out of his recovery and won at 6:59. It was gay. Why? He was afraid of taking % and ran instead of utilting me.
So the possibly of stalling actually helped me here. If someone camps the ledge (even MK, though I acknowledge that it's much harder) or stalls in most other ways, you should be able to do something about it especially considering that their mindset is adjusted.

btw, a time limit on ledges would butt**** ROB's defense game. and that makes me a sad robot...(if there was a soul behind those cold, glass eyes)

Kagesekan

Smash Journeyman
If you see someone who gets a % lead in a match and tries to win the match by stalling at the ledge, giving him a huge unfaIr advantage over his opponent, BAN IT. Even if you never saw this before, I am telling you from experience that it happens, and it's really ********. BAN IT. Make a rule so that they have to touch the ground at leaSt once every 10 seconds from the point of which they grab the ledge, or an even better idea is to have the option of having a judge (like a tourney host or someone trustworthy, I recommend the tourney host) to be called over to the Tv. Sheik and Jiggs could easily win matches in Melee this way, but everyone was too honorable to do it, because that ruins the point of the game, which is to be a fun FIGHTING game. Do you want people to travel to go to tourneys just to see THAT?
The whole smash community is probably going to hate me before this account is a year old.

SLyNKee

Smash Journeyman
I love all the responses of "Dont get it"

Id like to see you go a whole match without getting hit. Its not humanly possible to ALWAYS be in the lead percentage wide every single match. Sure its happened, 4 stocks happen, **** happens, but if some ones game plan is to stall off the ledge they will do it.

Needless to say, its a shame that things like this have to be brought up because it is an issue in the smash community these days, I honestly stopped watching the Afro vs Danny set after I saw Danny not touch the ground for about 2 straight minutes, simply rediculous to have to resort to such ***gotry.

Kagesekan

Smash Journeyman
I love all the responses of "Dont get hit"

Id like to see you go a whole match without getting hit. Its not humanly possible to ALWAYS be in the lead percentage wide every single match. Sure its happened, 4 stocks happen, **** happens, but if some ones game plan is to stall off the ledge they will do it.

Needless to say, its a shame that things like this have to be brought up because it is an issue in the smash community these days, I honestly stopped watching the Afro vs Danny set after I saw Danny not touch the ground for about 2 straight minutes, simply rediculous to have to resort to such ***gotry.
Then why is ledgecamping such a big problem if not getting hit is so hard?

Pritch

Smash Lord
Now, I don't play brawl, so I may be completely off base here. But maybe, just maybe, it might be the guy who's ledgecamping that's not getting hit. Which means that there is a possibility (distant, I know, but humor me in my noobish ways here) that this could be the reason that ledgecamping is a problem.

:ohwell:

Like I said, I don't play brawl, but I forced myself to watch part of a vid of plank from a recent tournament. That's some dumb ****, guys. And maybe there's outs to it that I'm not aware of due to my lack of experience, but my gut tells me that the cats who make it to the finals of tournaments would probably be aware of such outs if they had been found.

SLyNKee

Smash Journeyman
Then why is ledgecamping such a big problem if not getting hit is so hard?
ledge camping is a problem when some one gets a lead and just edge stalls. You telling people not to get hit is ********. Like you are blowing my mind right now because I dont even think YOU know what you are talking about and YOU said it.

Galuuda

Smash Journeyman
me[size="7 said:
w[/size]2king, post: 5583494"]if You See Someone Who Gets a % Lead In A Match And Tries To win The Match By Stalling At The Ledge, Giving Him A Huge Unfair Advantage Over His Opponent, Ban It. Even If You Never Saw This Before, I am Telling You From Experience That it Happens, And It's Really ********. Ban It. make A Rule So That They Have To Touch The Ground At Least Once Every 10 Seconds From The Point Of which They Grab The Ledge, Or An Even Better Idea is To Have The Option Of Having A Judge (like A tourney Host Or Someone Trustworthy, I Recommend The Tourney Host) To Be Called Over To The Tv. Sheik And Jiggs Could Easily Win Matches In Melee This Way, But Everyone Was Too Honorable To Do It, Because That Ruins The Point Of The Game, Which Is To Be A Fun Fighting Game. Do You Want People To Travel To Go To Tourneys Just To See That?

For Those Of You That Aren't Experienced In Smash Tourneys, This is A Very Cheap Way to Win, It's Makes The Game Not Fun To Play... It Doesn't Even Make It A Game Anymore, But Rather An exploitation Of The Rules. I Remember Plank Doing This To Eggm Last Year And Him Winning 2 Tourney Sets Over Him When He Got A % Lead. It's Not To Say He Wouldn't Have Won, But It Was Done In A Really Dumb, Boring Way, Giving A big Advantage For No Good Reason. I Tried This In 1 Friendly Vs Chu Dat Last Year Sheik Vs Ics In A Friendly, I Got A Small % Lead After Shooting A Needle Then I Ledge Camped The Rest Of The time. Regardless If This Was A Friendly Or Not, I Ended Up 3 Stocking Him, While Normally Fighting Properly It Would Be Really Close And At That Time I Probably Would Lose. King Was Ledge Camping Vs Forward In An Oc3 Match And Forward Then Said "that's All You Have To Do To Win" And King Responded With "yeah, It Is" But Since King Is An Honorable Player, He Finished The Match Properly By Actual Fighting.

Ledge Stalling Needs To Be Banned, Every Tourney Host Needs To Make Sure That There Is A Ruleset That Should Have Either 1) A 10 Second Rule For Touching The Ground Of The Stage Or 2) A Judge Can Be Called Over To Prevent This From Happening

There Is No Positive Effect Of Allowing This At Tourneys, All It Does Is Ruin The Game completely. We Need To Draw A Line Or Else This Won't Even Be A Game Anmore. And As Far As I'm Concerned, I Like Fighting My Opponents. unless You Want The Future To Be Really Boring And Oh Btw Im Gay, I Suggest You Listen To My Advice. Doing This Will Literally Ruin Smash, So If You Have Any Honor At All You Should Never Resort To This.

Thanks For Your Time, And Please Do Listen. I Enjoy fighting My Opponents.

The Sooner You Do This The Better, And Remember - It Can't Hurt To Be Playing It Safe, This Will Only Help.

Do U C What I Did Thar?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom