• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic South Mafia. New Game Soon.

Handorin

Smash Hero
I saw Vyse post one of these in his region forums, and I thought it would be great to do here (+ I'm tired of waiting in line in DGames =D )

So are you guys ready to step it up? The town is not safe. ;)

/MikeG approved

Make sure to read the rules.

The following links may help new players become acquainted with the game:
Newbie Guide: Introduction for new players.
Basic Rules: Reading these rules, along with the game's specific rules, will help you understand the game.
Common Roles: Includes a description of the roles both commonly and uncommonly found in Mafia.
Smashboards Mafia Archives: This archive includes examples of past Mafia games in Decisive Games.

Rules:

Fundamental:
1. Have fun, and do not ruin the fun for others.
2. Unless your role states otherwise, no communication about the game is allowed outside of this thread.
3. a) No quoting mod PMs, or faking a quoted mod PM (including pictures and reports).
3. b) You are allowed to quote mod PMs privately to any member that you are allowed to communicate with outside this thread.
4. Editing your posts is not allowed.

Voting and Lynching:
5. All votes must be bolded (Vote: Handorin)
6. When changing your vote, you must unvote your previous vote before you revote. (Unvote Vote: Andy)
7. A lynch will occur when a majority has been reached. Day will end with a lynch.
8. You may vote for a 'no lynch' if desired. If a majority of the players in the game vote for to no lynch, the game will progress to night without a lynch.
9. If a lynch occurs, then the game enters ‘twilight,' where all alive players apart from the player who has been lynched are allowed to freely converse (but not allowed to cast any votes) until I post a death scene.
11. Once you are dead, you are allowed to make one final "bah go town/scum!" post, but nothing of substance.

Activity and Deadline:
12. This game enforce a deadline of 1.5 weeks per day phase with flexable extensions, and 72 hours per night phase.
13. Treat this game as a commitment. You are requested to post at least once every 72 hours. Failure to do so will result in a prod. 2 prods will result in your replacement or modkill.
14. If you are unable to participate for a period longer than 72 hours, please PM me or post in thread.

These are all the role PMs:
5 Villagers and a Miller:
You are a normal town villager. You have no powers. You win when all threats to the town are eliminated.
Mod Note: When investigated by the cop/tracker, the miller will appear guilty. When lynched or killed, he will appear as the miller.

Bodyguard:
You are the town bodyguard. Each night you may send in one name to protect. You have a 50/50 chance to either die or shoot one of the attacking mafia. You win when all threats to the town are eliminated.
Cop:
You are the town cop. Each night you may send in one name to investigate. You will recieve a report with the suspected alignment of that player (Mafia or Town). You win when all threats to the town are eliminated.
Tracker:
You are the town tracker. Each night you may send in one name to track. You will follow the person for the night and will be notified if they visit any other players. You win when all threats to the town are eliminated.
Mafia Grunt:
You are a Mafia Grunt. Each night, you and your mafia partners may send in one name to kill (Not Killing is an option). Your partners are ___ and ____. You may speak to them outside the game. You win when you outnumber the town.
Mafia Janitor:
You are a Mafia Janitor. Each night, you and your mafia partners may send in one name to kill (Not Killing is an option). In addition to this, on one night you may choose to "clean up" the body you kill. The role of the person will not be revealed in the morning, and only you will know what the role is. Your partners are ____ and _____. You may speak to them outside the game. You win when you outnumber the town.
Mafia Godfather:
You are the Mafia Godfather. You send in the kill choice each night. In addition, you will appear innocent on any investigations that might occur. Your partners are ____ and _____. You may speak to them outside the game. You win when you outnumber the town.

Players:
1. GorditoBoy
2. Smith
3. TRC
4. Alpha
5. XIF
6. yummynbeefy
7. BDown
8. Nihongo-ookami
9. Pervatasaurus
10. stingers135
11. Sworddancer
12. Pirate King of Hell aka Tom

Dead Players:

Replacements:
1. Mike G
2. Sudai

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
I'm in!

Who's gonna be the game mod? You or mike g? Or is he just there to say that this shouldn't be closed cuz a mod said it's okay?

EDIT: Is it just Mafia and townspeople or are there complicated things like cops and serial killers? It's be way better (in my opinion) if there were just mafia and townspeople.

Handorin

Smash Hero
I'm in!

Who's gonna be the game mod? You or mike g? Or is he just there to say that this shouldn't be closed cuz a mod said it's okay?

EDIT: Is it just Mafia and townspeople or are there complicated things like cops and serial killers? It's be way better (in my opinion) if there were just mafia and townspeople.
I'm the game mod. I just had "/mikeg approbed" because I asked him to make sure someone other Mod wouldnt close it.

Also, I said in my first post there were only mafia/town. I even specified how many of each. =P

Are we doing quantum werewolf?
I have no idea what that is. Did you even read the topic?

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Ok I used to play this game back in the day on mIRC.

This looks way more complicated though which looks like it would make it less fun.

It used to be just 2 mafia, a seer and the rest civilians i think. Minimum was a 7 person game.

If you use the more simplistic version I'll play. All this cop/serial killer/doctor/vigilante/mason crap sounds dumb.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
It's 9 civilians and 3 mafians, that's it. I played something similar to this on aim. Mad fun, forgot what it was called.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
No, its not just mafia and civilians.

Theres ALWAYS a snitch/seer or a role that can look to see if someone is a civilian or a mafia during the night.

Thus the seer wants to stay alive and find out the roles of as many players as possible to help the civilians and the mafia wanna kill the seer as fast as possible.

Trust me the seer is a crucial element in the game and it would not be fun at all without one.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Wait this is gonna be played through smashboards lololol????

The only proper way to play mafia game is through realtime chat. Playing this game over a period of a week sounds like a really bad idea to me.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
K so I have a gift to mafiagame players on smashboards. I found the mIRC channel I used to play on and it's still alive with people playing.

Download mIRC and go to /server irc.prison.net

then type /join #wolf

It's called wolfgame now but its the same thing. It's mad fun I suggest giving it a try. Minimum is 9 players and there are 2 wolf, a seer, and the rest civilians.

Sudai

Stuff here
This is a mountainous set-up. There doesn't -need- to be anything in a mafia game other than townspeople and Mafioso. If you don't like that, don't play. Sadly, I can't /in for this one. I'm in too many mafia games already. I'll be keeping an eye on this one though. :]

Handorin, if you need a replacement mod for any reason, let me know and I can fill in when you need to be away/take over if it comes to that.

DRD

Smash Lord
Haha, we used to play this at church except it used to be with demons and angels and townspeople

and angels could save people

it was so awkward when demons won

XIF

Smash Master
ZOMG Duluth, GA mostly... sometimes Weston, FL
This is a mountainous set-up. There doesn't -need- to be anything in a mafia game other than townspeople and Mafioso. If you don't like that, don't play. Sadly, I can't /in for this one. I'm in too many mafia games already. I'll be keeping an eye on this one though. :]

Handorin, if you need a replacement mod for any reason, let me know and I can fill in when you need to be away/take over if it comes to that.
oooorrr, we could have a real game of mafia with the spy, and then everyone wins. Because that's how you're supposed to fvcking play.

Handorin

Smash Hero
Attention:

When I said "9 town members and 3 mafia" I meant in a general sense. I won't confirm or deny any other roles such a cop, doc, etc.; however, they are in the game. I didn't know the amount of experience outside of Decisive Games, so I made a relativity basic setup.

P.S. Forum mafia > Chat Mafia

Sudai

Stuff here
oooorrr, we could have a real game of mafia with the spy, and then everyone wins. Because that's how you're supposed to fvcking play.
No, there's sooooooooooooooooo many variations on the game and the way it can be played it's ridiculous. Don't assume that the way you learned how to play is the only and the right way to play, it just makes you look ignorant.

XIF

Smash Master
ZOMG Duluth, GA mostly... sometimes Weston, FL
No, there's sooooooooooooooooo many variations on the game and the way it can be played it's ridiculous. Don't assume that the way you learned how to play is the only and the right way to play, it just makes you look ignorant.
I'm not implying there's only one way to play, but considering it from a strategy standpoint, taking out the roles of the spy and doctor just detract from the overall strategy of the game. The spy has the job of trying to get mafia members killed off while not revealing that he is the spy becoming a potential target for other mafia members. The amount of work needed to sway the opinion subtly I think is essential. I don't think the doctor has nearly that kind of important role, but I think he also can learn vital information as he actually saves people, plus end game the doctor may have just as good an idea of the mafia as the spy.

Now, I cannot personally conceive of other roles that might be a part of the many mafia variations to add to spy and doctor, but I'm sure they exist, and depending, might be a nice addition.

Sudai

Stuff here
Thanks for actually responding in a sincere manner. Sorry if I came off douchy at all with my post. You know how the internet goes, I was gearing up for a debate and to defend myself. Haha.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
P.S. Forum mafia > Chat Mafia
lol how???

Playing the game all at once and getting it done in an hour/hour and 1/2 is soooooo much better than playing over a week on a forum.

I can't even fathom how dumb mafiagame on a forum sounds...

Everyone should go on to that mIRC channel i posted and play a game to see how much better it is.

Handorin

Smash Hero
If you have to argue my opinion, then I don't even care. Go look in decisive games to see why we like it more.

I made this thread for the game, not to debate something totally different.

Edit: in fact, we have a thread dedicated to chat mafia.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
i would like to play this game you call Mafia, so I'll sign up.

Do you have any advice for a beginner?

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Wait this is gonna be played through smashboards lololol????

The only proper way to play mafia game is through realtime chat. Playing this game over a period of a week sounds like a really bad idea to me.
i guess you've never heard of mafiascum. there are so many kinds of mafia. IRL mafia, chat mafia run through websites or IRC, forum mafia, etc. its dumb to say "x way is better you should play y way."

and yeah wtf there needs to be a spy, and there should be a doctor to save civilians there usually is.
again, there are a lot of different roles. there doesnt need to be the ones you are used to, but they might be in the game. they might be named different things. i know you said you don't know of them, but there's actually like in the OP to a bunch of different possible roles.

Sudai

Stuff here
I'm not in this one stingers. Too much going on in my life right now. Depending on circumstances though, I might be able to join this one or replace in. :D

Handorin

Smash Hero
Sorry I haven't updated at all today. I just got off a 13 hour shift.

The game is full though. I need to go to sleep now though because I open tomorrow. I promise I will send role PMs tomorrow night after work and will start shortly thereafter.

xX-Eternal Harriet-Xx

Smash Rookie
I'm only jumping on this if we do quantum werewolf.

* Quantum Werewolf - This variant was developed by Steven Irrgang and used for a puzzle in the 2008 CISRA Puzzle Competition. He later published more formal rules so that it could be a fully playable variant. The difference from a standard game of Mafia is that players are not initially assigned roles, but rather on each day are given the probabilities describing the games current quantum state. Each player with a non-zero probability of being a seer or a werewolf performs the appropriate night actions (which may not be effective if it is later determined that the player did not have that role). When a player is killed, the wave function collapses and the players are given updated probabilities.[51]

Handorin

Smash Hero
Mike wants to watch, but will replace in.

I already have a full game, so I'm not changing my whole game just for one person.

Top Bottom