• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic Showdown of the Interwebz (BRACKET IS UP!)

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
A Super Smash Bros. 64 Online Tournament

Behold. This event is the product of massive boredom and agony. Nah, just kidding.

Hello everyone. Ever since Unknown had his online tournament last year, I've always wanted to participate in more of these. Not only does it animates the global 64 scene a bit, but it never fails to be an interestingly fun experience when american and european players are involved in a common event. This time, we will have a lot more players from our continent, novices and experts alike, who all want to face different kinds of opponents. I am hereby hosting this new little tournament, for everyone to enjoy themselves and have fun.

[Tournament details]

Tournament type: Singles
Bracket style: Double Elimination
Regions represented: Europe ; East Coast
Other optional regions: any that is decently close to Europe (South, Canada)
End of registration/start of tournament: 26/27th of February

[Rules and proceeding]

General rules

• 5 stocks, items off
  • stalling is not allowed
  • for the first match, stage is agreed upon by both players ; if an agreement is not reached, then they have to perform stage striking with the neutral stages
  • after each match, loser picks stage, winner picks characters and then loser picks character
  • each set is best of 3 ; however, winners' semis and finals, losers' quarters, semis and finals are all best of 5

Stage list

[neutral stages]
[counterpick stages]

• Dreamland
  • Hyrule Castle
  • Kongo Jungle
  • Saffron City
  • Peach's Castle

Proceeding

• every player has 5 days to contact and play with his opponent ; if no result is reported after 5 days, the win is given to whoever posts first on the thread to claim it.
  • if a player lags excessively, he has to fix his problems ; if he can't, he has to forfeit the match.
  • it is highly recommended if possible to play on p2p (for those who don't have the kaillera client with p2p, please get it there and replace your old file with the new one)
  • bracket will be posted on this thread, and updated every day.

[Registered players]

There are 64 slots available. Make sure we fill them all!

1. King Funk
  2. Mahie
  3. Dandan
  4. Craiigg
  5. Guus
  6. Blue Lightning
  7. Nova
  8. Lawrencel0t
  9. DonZeRg
  10. Killa K
  11. Thino
  12. DemonicInfluence
  13. SheerMadness
  14. JaimeHR
  15. Disco Max
  16. LULZ
  17. Fireblaster
  18. Nixxxon
  19. MarioReincarnate
  20. Kabutox

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
LOL what the ****.. Ive been hosting a smash 64 tourney for about 4 days now. Just comein over to this one EVERYBODY IS INVITED.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=264458

we already have 29 people signed up...
plus ditto brackets...

and team doubles....

COME JOIN NOW!!!

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=264458

The Great MATTS!
Dude, this is plain low man. You don't advertise your own tourney in a different thread.

Also, my tourney is a lot more slow-paced, so it won't represent too much trouble for people to join mine.

I already joined your tourney.

One more advertising post on my thread and I'll report it.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Hmmm I'll join I guess. I like playing people from different countries as long as its 8 frames or less.

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
Alright guys, I'll actually start this tournament on the 6th of March. Please tell your friends, if any more players want to join this tournament.

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
I lost patience for Thino and LULZ, they aren't answering me at all on MSN and on Galaxy, so they are both in losers for inactivity. Sorry guys, but I can't allow people to slow down my tourney. You entered it, you roll with it.

As for Yuki, if you don't play with Nixxxon today I'm afraid I'll have to do the same to you.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
is it possible for me to join...or no, I did not see this topic as I never look at competitive events.

Ill replace Yuki if you want in Losers

Top Bottom