• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlanta Revival II Monthly: July 11th

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
Timer should be eight minutes for brawl, not six.
I am vaguely interested in this.
Hey whats wrong wit changing the rules up a bit. Everything thing doesn't always have to be the same.

Umby

Smash Master
Hey whats wrong wit changing the rules up a bit. Everything thing doesn't always have to be the same.

It's not about being comfortable with change. It's about the fact that 6 minutes is not enough time. Standards in rules exist for the purpose of being the most generally accommodating for everyone playing.

dumba989

Smash Apprentice
It should. Check out http://www.itsmarta.com. I'm not sure what bus you would take from Riverdale, but the location is in Union City.
I'll check the rest out, appreciate it man, always helping me and all, hopefully, you'll be there and we can finally meet, i'm looking forward to this event, oh yeah, how much is it for Brawl Doubles, i would like to know to bring some possible other friends with me, also, how long is the venue going to be open, so i know when to catch the bus home, etc?

Umby

Smash Master
I'll check the rest out, appreciate it man, always helping me and all, hopefully, you'll be there and we can finally meet, i'm looking forward to this event, oh yeah, how much is it for Brawl Doubles, i would like to know to bring some possible other friends with me, also, how long is the venue going to be open, so i know when to catch the bus home, etc?
Not sure if doubles is offered, but if there's a good enough turnout and people are still willing to contribute a pot fee, I'm sure we can work something out, just like at the previous Impact Clash. $5-$10 depending on how many people are there. Bring people regardless. Especially if they can bring some kind of setup. Not sure how long the venue is open, but the bus line stops running after 12:30 am.

Once again, try to get setups, guys. Even if I had a ride to bring my TV, I doubt anyone wants to play Grand Finals on that dinky thing again. ._.

dumba989

Smash Apprentice
Not sure if doubles is offered, but if there's a good enough turnout and people are still willing to contribute a pot fee, I'm sure we can work something out, just like at the previous Impact Clash. $5-$10 depending on how many people are there. Bring people regardless. Especially if they can bring some kind of setup. Not sure how long the venue is open, but the bus line stops running after 12:30 am.

Once again, try to get setups, guys. Even if I had a ride to bring my TV, I doubt anyone wants to play Grand Finals on that dinky thing again. ._.
LOL, i wouldn't mind bringing my Television, i have two actually, one with two perfect A/V slots (about 21"), and one with one audio slot (about 25"), they work fine though, i've play tested on the both of them before, the only issue is getting a ride there, i'm definitely interested in going to this, so close to home

Impact Clash

Smash Journeyman
im pretty sure d3 infinites are illegal everywhere now...and if not...

wow.
i hope they're not illegal
easy win for me 8)
Well its not in the rules and I play DK, so yea... im paranoid even though im sure it is banned. Plus lots of places have different infinate rules, with D3 infinates being the only consistant ban.

Edit: I take that back, there was a place where D3 infinates were legal in teams. And no it wasn't a small turnout or filled with people who suck.
I consulted with a few people about these and I was informed that they are banned at darn near every tournament so thus they will be banned. :( Sorry guys. Of course the tournament won't last until 4 a.m. but that's time left for free play and the like.

Lastly guys remember make sure you use Map Quest to make directions and not google maps. It will give you the wrong directions!

Lastly guys remember this venue we will be at is a private house/residence I've rented out. I wanted to return to the nostalgia of house tournaments. It's not my house, lol. The huge is pretty large so we'll have quite a bit of room to work with. Plus the privacy that a residence offers as well. I will have the house until 4 a.m. for gaming but the person renting it to me said we have to be outby 6 a.m.

D0N

Smash Ace
I should be coming unless an emergancy comes up.

One more question: If I bring my ps3 and SF4 does that count as a set-up for free venue? Or do I need to bring a tv too? I can only bring a ps3 with SF4 and I want to know how much $$$ I will need for this (Will my venue be waived?).

Umby

Smash Master

One more question: If I bring my ps3 and SF4 does that count as a set-up for free venue? Or do I need to bring a tv too? I can only bring a ps3 with SF4 and I want to know how much $$$ I will need for this (Will my venue be waived?).
Quoting to ask the same question.

Impact Clash

Smash Journeyman

As long as you have all the characters unlocked then yeah. I can grant you free entry.

Quoting to ask the same question.
Depends on what you are bringing. If you are bringing a Wii with Brawl then yeah.

D0N

Smash Ace
Alright cool, I have all the chars and colors/taunts also. See you there

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
According to the rule scatt could not enter he uses the wiimote. lol.

ScAtt77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScAtt77
Is it ok to bring my wiimote as long as i make sure to take the batteries out after I'm done with a match?

GTR!

Smash Journeyman
Is it ok to bring my wiimote as long as i make sure to take the batteries out after I'm done with a match?
Nah man no wiimotes allowed so i guess it looks like you cant show up and **** me at this tournament like every other one

They should be allowed IMO.

GTR!

Smash Journeyman
Im still debating coming to this or not...I want the turnout to be pretty good.

Eh whatever i mean its only 30 minutes from my house so i guess im 97% positive ill show up.

Top Bottom