• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlanta Revival II Monthly: July 11th

Impact Clash

Smash Journeyman
The last Atlanta Revival was an excellent one! And now, I am happy to announce Atlanta Revival II. This tournament will be way different from any tournament I've ever ran since this tournament will be ran in a "mini-mansion" house. The house is huge and it's 5,200 square feet. The room where we will be having the tournament in will be larger than the World Congress Center room I had last time. There's more than enough room in this house to hold the tournament. So don't expect anything different other than that we will not be at a venue that will require you guys to pay $10 to park. The bus does run out by this house as well.

If running late and need to be added to the bracket please call me at 770-329-8286.

Date:
July 11th 2009

Time:
Registration begins at 12 p.m.
Registration closes at 2 p.m. and games begin immediately!

Where:
4295 Shamrock Drive
Atlanta, GA 30349

(This is a new address thus Google maps or any other map website EXCEPT mapquest.com will give you the wrong address. Make sure you use Map quest to print out the directions. Click on the link below as that is the correct address and you can make directions using it!

http://www.mapquest.com/maps?city=Atlanta&state=GA&address=4295+Shamrock+Drive+&zipcode=30349

You guys are allowed to park anywhere on the street!

Door fee:
$10

Door fee waived with setups. Please brings setups so we can ensure a faster tournament!

$10 per game
$5 for Marvel vs. Capcom 2

Games being ran:
Street Fighter IV
Marvel vs. Capcom 2
Blazblue
Super Smash Bros: Brawl
Soul Calibur IV (Last tournament before Nationals!)

Street Fighter IV:
PS3
2 out of 3
Losers/Winners Final 3 out of 5
4/7 Grand Finals
All characters allowed

Blazblue
PS3
TBA

Marvel vs Capcom 2
Dreamcast
Game version: US Dreamcast
You may not use any glitch that prevent the game from being played. This includes game freezing, game resetting, player freezing, etc.
Deadbody infinites are allowed to gain a positional advantage, but not to delay the game.
Button switching during the loading screen is allowed (e.g. Holding ASSIST 1 to switch your first assist with the point).
You may not use the same character twice on one team.
Winner keeps the same team, while the loser can switch teams.

Soul Calibur IV
PS3
Standard Tournament Rules
US Version

Random Stage Select ONLY
Winner keeps the same character. The loser can choose a new character.
Default Damage
Default Time
Buttom Mapping Allowed
Camera altering glitches banned

Super Smash Brothers Brawl "Regular Brawl
Nintendo Wii

Double Elimination Bracket Best 2 out of 3 matches
Winners Finals= 3/5 matches
Losers Final= 3/5
Grand Finals=3/5, the player from the losers must win 2 sets of 3/5

3 Stock, 8 MINUTE TIME LIMIT for singles

All items OFF (including Smash Balls)

Doubles Team Attack is ON, LIFE stealing is allowed.

BYOC: (BRING. YOUR. OWN. CONTROLLER.) NO WIIMOTES OR CLASSIC CONTROLLERS!!! Gamecube controllers only!!!

All decisions made by tournament officials are final.

Controller mods of ANY kind (short-hop mod, L-trigger mod, etc), except for cosmetic changes (paint job, different colored plastic), are banned. Tournament staff may randomly inspect any controller at their discretion. If you are caught using a banned controller you will be immediately disqualified from the tournament.

Stage List:
Starter
Battlefield, Final Destination, Smashville, Yoshi's Island

Counter
Brinstar, Castle Siege, Delfino, Frigate Orpheon, Lylat Cruise, Halberd, Pokémon Stadium 1

Banned STAGES
75m, Big Blue, Bridge of Eldin, Corneria, Distant Planet, Flat Zone 2, Green Hill Zone, Hanenbow, Hyrule Temple, Jungle Japes, Luigi's Mansion, Mario Bros., Mushroomy Kingdom I, Mushroomy Kingdom II, New Pork City, Norfair, Pictochat, Pirate Ship, Rainbow Cruise, Rumble Falls, Shadow Moses, Spear Pillar, The Summit, Wario Ware, Green Greens, Mario Circuit, Onett, Pokémon Stadium 2, Port Town Aero Dive, Skyworld, Yoshi's Island (Pipes)

- At the beginning of a set, each player may strike 2 stages from the available 11. Of these, only 1 can be from the 4 Neutrals listed above. You may however choose to strike 2 counterpick stages.

- 1st match, characters are chosen with double blind picks. After that, advanced slob picks- Loser of 1st match pick stages, the winner of the 1st match picks character, then loser of 1st match picks character. Continue this as necessary until the set reaches completion. Standard sets are best of 3, finals or semi-fianls are left to the discretion of the tournament host, although best of 5 is recommended for time constraints.

- All forms of stalling are banned. Stalling- The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. This includes MK infinite cape, excessive edge stalling, or any form of stalling under the stage (DK spin, sonic charge B, snake infinite down B teching, etc).

- Any suicide KOs on the final stock resulting in sudden death will result in a loss for the user of this tactic. If it would be a suicide KO and the match screen shows a decisive winner, go with that instead. A Bowsercide final KO results in a win for the Bowser player.

- If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage. In the event of a sudden death, both players are to suicide IMMEDIATELY. No fighting with bombs @ 300. At the results screen, regardless of what the screen says, the player with the higher DAMAGE TAKEN is the loser. No exceptions. In the result of a tie, the match will be discarded and played over, same characters and stage. For teams, if this should ever happen, add the damage taken instead for both teams.

- Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
i've thought about going up there for sc4 and maybe sf4. Maybe try blazblue as I doubt I'll have it at that time.

I'm still curious as to why brawl is included?

OmniOstrich

Smash Lord
i've thought about going up there for sc4 and maybe sf4. Maybe try blazblue as I doubt I'll have it at that time.

I'm still curious as to why brawl is included?
You must play Blazblue, GG is like the best game ever >_>

Also smash gets run bc it brings in a pretty large turnout very easily, boosts their door fee gains.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
GG =/= BB from what aksys has said, and from what most people who play it says (gg vets to casuals alike). Smash community tried that same logic inspite of the system overhaul announced a year before the game release. That logic fails more-often than not.

Not to mention rachel is the only character that looks remotely interesting to me. :/

__

And then I just have to lol at you telling me the "blatently obvious" when Im talking about GA Community issues. I mean if you wanna talk about money, take a look at how well the ga brawl community represents itself outside of waba.

Impact Clash

Smash Journeyman
Changed to 8 minutes. :) Here's to hope most matches don't go fully until 8 minutes, lol.

Impact Clash

Smash Journeyman
I will more than likely have a stream for this event. :) I want to air all the finals on the stream. I'll make sure to post the channel up in the coming days.

Umby

Smash Master
I will more than likely have a stream for this event. :) I want to air all the finals on the stream. I'll make sure to post the channel up in the coming days.
We've gotta get more hype for this, then. We don't want to have a stream and then have a low turn out, regardless of what games are streaming.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
ey mag. Random question; are you going to stop SC4 after nationals?

I remember east point saying they were dropping it after nats. Im just curious how that's going to pan out.

Impact Clash

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I think that will be the end for Soul Calibur. That game is honestly dead and looks to be on it's way out. :(

By the way guys remember this tournament is going to be at a house. I just wanted to return back to the nostalgia of house tournaments. This tournament will be held in a large 5,200 square foot house so it will be plenty of room.

Lastly guys please make sure you make directions using Map Quest as since this is a new neighborhood it doesn't show up on most map websites.

Impact Clash

Smash Journeyman
-Raises eyebrow-
This is at a house?

Hmm, I had the IC5 venue stuck in my head.

But that's kool.
No, this one is at a private residence I've rented out. I wanted to return to the nostalgia of house tournaments. At least for this month. If it works out, we'll definitely do more of them out of a house.

GTR!

Smash Journeyman
This seems really cool to go to and pretty close to me but it seems like there might not be the best attendance for Super smash bros brawl which is the only thing id be going for. :/

D0N

Smash Ace
Are infinates legal? D3, IC, other character specific ones... imo only the IC chaingrab should be legal since it takes some skill to do.

Zip.

Smash Lord
Are infinates legal? D3, IC, other character specific ones... imo only the IC chaingrab should be legal since it takes some skill to do.
im pretty sure d3 infinites are illegal everywhere now...and if not...

wow.

D0N

Smash Ace
Well its not in the rules and I play DK, so yea... im paranoid even though im sure it is banned. Plus lots of places have different infinate rules, with D3 infinates being the only consistant ban.

Edit: I take that back, there was a place where D3 infinates were legal in teams. And no it wasn't a small turnout or filled with people who suck.

Top Bottom