• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ATL South Melty Blood: Actress Again Thread (Who the **** bumped this?)

DC

Smash Cadet
Changed my main to Kohaku and I got Snipa playing this game. My Kohaku is SICK.

Although I think the only way to combo into her Arc Drive is by using cactus.

Also I'm looking for a way to record videos and upload them to Youtube cuz me and Snipa had some sick matches today. He plays (a terrible) Ciel.

DC

Smash Cadet
Actually we COULD play Actress Again cuz Snipa has a modded PS2 but we don't have PS2 sticks. Sorry Laijin... still playing Act Cadenza ver. B. I'm gonna upload a video to test the quality in a few mins. Get Act Cadenza ver. B and the netplay thing so we can play, Laijin...

Edit: Here... recording video from my PC makes it lag a bit but w/e.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIhhoaJ4bq0

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Changed my main to Kohaku and I got Snipa playing this game. My Kohaku is SICK.
Ya know, I had a joke during AC that it would be hilarious as **** if a new game would come out, Kohaku was good, and people jumped on some Kohaku.

Then it happened.

^_^

DC

Smash Cadet
Snipa you wanna play again on Saturday? (If Seibrik isn't haven't a Smashfest)

Fraps barely records on my computer (and my computer is slow as hell) but I think it will record fine on yours.

And is it me, or is Kohaku's j.C attack broken as all hell? The one where she uses her broom to smack you down back towards the floor forcing you to to tech right in front of her? Great for ending air combos...

DC

Smash Cadet
Uh... is there any point to playing Kohaku or Hisui alone instead of together? I thought they had a different command list but I found out I can tag and play Kohaku while Hisui is secondary. It seems like there would be no point to not playing them both at the same time. Do they have lower health or something?

Also their tag team arc drive is ****ing epic.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
And is it me, or is Kohaku's j.C attack broken as all hell? The one where she uses her broom to smack you down back towards the floor forcing you to to tech right in front of her? Great for ending air combos...
You mean C-Kohaku's j.C, the one she's always had? No it's not broke at all, and I'm serious.

I mean, it's awesome that it makes for an instant overhead like always, especially since she's a MB character with no good overhead, but it's not broke by any stretch.
Uh... is there any point to playing Kohaku or Hisui alone instead of together? I thought they had a different command list but I found out I can tag and play Kohaku while Hisui is secondary. It seems like there would be no point to not playing them both at the same time. Do they have lower health or something?

Also their tag team arc drive is ****ing epic.
Lower health, lose access to some moves. I dont know what all she loses because of her phase in MBAA, because I only ****ed with F-Maids for a bit and wrote that off for now.

C-Maids would be aight, but if I remember right, Kohaku loses molatovs in C, and molatovs are good.

Unless I'm mistaken, Hisui loses stuff-fu, which is pretty **** important for her. (There's one stuff-fu that is god, it's like 2146 or 2143, i forget.) I dont think anything's changed much with Maids-Hisui lead, which means it's still a "why the **** are you doing this instead of using stuff-fu?"

__

Maids-Kohaku lead used to be the way to play Kohaku in MBAC (as in, Maids-Kohaku was high and purely better than Solo Kohaku), but now, the only time I really see Maids is F-Maids-Kohaku Lead (and that **** is DISGUSTING)

__

Is that like, some help or do you need more indepth?

DC

Smash Cadet
No that was great, lol. I think I'll stick to Kohaku alone. Now I really wanna play Actress Again... are her different phases any good? What new attacks does she have?

And idk, I love her j.C. It's really satisfying to smack people in the air back down to the ground after finishing an air combo..

Zip.

Smash Lord
Tohno.
and a little bit of Ciel.
havent messed around with everyone just yet.

DC

Smash Cadet
Good ****... you wanna try out the netplay thing?

DC

Smash Cadet
Yep, I'll find the link and post it when it's not 3:30am.

Zip.

Smash Lord
i havent played melty blood in weeks lol
good **** for bringing this back soda..
link netplayyy :3

DC

Smash Cadet
Melty Blood is gonna be at EVO 2k10... who wants to help me practice?!

C. Hill

Smash Rookie
If people in South Florida want to play some MBAA, I wouldn't be opposed to bringing my set-up to ZP one night or something.

Anyone who's interested, post up here and we can figure out a night that works for everyone.

DC

Smash Cadet
For PS2, right C. Hill? Do you have two sticks? I'm gonna be at ZP this Friday night, I have the gist of the game (Act Cadenza ver.B) but more than anything I need experience.

I'm also thinking about playing Ciel because she has a chaingun. I have a thing for small girls/big guns :3

C. Hill

Smash Rookie
Yeah, it'd be on a modded ps2. I've got 2 sticks, although the buttons on one of them are kind of sketchy, been meaning to try and fix that one up.

Friday would work pretty well for me, I had actually been thinking of heading down there anyway to play some SF4. I might be able to borrow a second (good) ps2 stick from a friend of mine.

I hear you on needing experience, lol. I mostly play Kouma, but I've dabbled in a number of secondaries out of boredom. I'm not sure if Ciel's changed much from MBAC, but from what I've seen Crescent and Full moon Ciel look pretty solid.

DC

Smash Cadet
Well I haven't played Ciel at all, I've only been playing Kohaku.

C. Hill

Smash Rookie
Ah true, Kohaku is a solid choice. It's a shame it took her until MBAA to get buff, she was one of my favorite characters in the VNs. :/

I like the fact that all of her grooves play a bit differently, which I'd imagine comes in handy since, usually, in tournaments you're allowed to change your groove after winning a match but not your character.

Also, you should check out F-Mech: http://www.youtube.com/watch#playnext=1&playnext_from=TL&videos=gJMp5wsoYGA&v=m3QrbJi7Ffc . Lol, so awesome.

As it turns out, I have to work late tonight. x_x I'll try to make it down there if I wind up getting off early, but if not we'll probably have to shoot for next week or something.

vZakat

Half Genie
Super bump of an old topic.

So yeah, I know I'm really late but I started playing this about a month and a half ago on the pc. Since hamachi is pretty popular for using netplay, I was considering making a group for smashers with it. Would anyone around here be interested?

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
We had this thread?

Uhh Hamachi hasn't been the best experience for me while playing SOKU. Perhaps it could work?

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
Wow a melty blood thread. Cool.

Been struggling to hack my PS2 to get MBAA working. Once I do, I'm gonna play Ryougi (not sure which groove yet) and F-Ciel. I hope there are at least a couple people in CFL who play Q_Q

vZakat

Half Genie
Since I don't see myself getting into the tourney scene very deeply (and there's not much of one in nc anyway) I don't see any need to go about hacking my ps2 and all that. I don't have a main yet but right now I use aoko, nero, and akiha. I'm going to try warc in the next couple of days. she looks fun.

Anyway, I went ahead and made the hamachi group. What other ways are there to get matches easily anyway (I haven't been playing online long)? IRC?

No one joined the group I made so I got rid of it...

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
I'm trying to get MBAA to work on my computer, but I'm not sure which bios and plugins I should get

Top Bottom