• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ATL South Melty Blood: Actress Again Thread (Who the **** bumped this?)

DC

Smash Cadet
Alright so I just started playing this game and it's insanely fun. Originally this topic was made to see if anyone played it ATL South, but apparently we have quite a few people who do so I guess this will be a generally MB: AC/AA topic.

I hear there's netplay in AC so maybe possibly we could set something up for that in this thread, too.

I'm playing Sion<3

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
This game is ****ing awesome. I'm still tryna figure out who I'm gonna main but I think I'm gonna end up playing Mech Hisui. I think I read that she's low tier tho... :(

ITADAKIMASU... BEEP BEEP!

lol I doubt anyone's even heard of this game.
There's nothing wrong with using a low tier.

I've always liked Nero.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Loads of us play/played it. Im playing Actress Again, now, however.

I know that

-GA Peach
-Alternate275
-Pervatasaurus
-NES Noob
-Chad (Pikachad)

play Act Cadenza.

__

I played Maids-Kohaku Lead and Hisui.

Tiers dont really mean too much in AC (or in melty blood at all, really) cause the game is fairly balanced. M.Hisui is actually one of the popular characters to use because her zoning is ridiculous.

DC

Smash Cadet
Sweet.. I was hoping I'd find some people who play this game. Wait.. is that where your sig is from? Haha

Either way I've decided against Mech Hisui since I play Rachel in BB and have enough zoning for a lifetime. I'm playing Sion now.

What do you play Actress Again on?

DC

Smash Cadet
GA Peach, how long have you been playing? Do you play on PC or PS2?

nevershootme

Smash Master
I played it since... re-act prior to AC version 1 and been stuck with Ciel and Akiha (maybe vermillion version too)

I have AC ver B on pc and the ps2 version... AA haven't picked it up or waiting until PC release with it's revision

you do know that game is like brain dead easier than GG and BB combined since all your combo strings revolve around reverse beats and creativity.

DC

Smash Cadet
It's also fun as hell.

KATO KATO KATO KATO!

DC

Smash Cadet
It's only available in Japan on PS2, arcade and PC. I'm not sure what I can and can't say here, but if you were to be looking for the PC version, then torrents would be your friend.

Nihongo-ookami

Smash Journeyman
It's only available in Japan on PS2, arcade and PC. I'm not sure what I can and can't say here, but if you were to be looking for the PC version, then torrents would be your friend.
Cool, I'll check that out. I can read and understand simple Japanese, so I can probably make due.

*goes to torrent it*

DC

Smash Cadet
Yeah there's also an English installation patch. Basically you install the game with the patch instead of the normal installation setup, and the game installs in English.

Btw make sure you get Act Cadenza ver. B, and not the original Melty Blood or Melty Blood ReACT.

Nihongo-ookami

Smash Journeyman
Yeah there's also an English installation patch. Basically you install the game with the patch instead of the normal installation setup, and the game installs in English.

Btw make sure you get Act Cadenza ver. B, and not the original Melty Blood or Melty Blood ReACT.
Cool, didn't know that. Well, Torrenting now. Just gotta wait.

Does it support Netplay?

Is it anything like Touhou?

DC

Smash Cadet
Nooooooo Touhou is a shmup right? Nah man MB is an arcade fighting game.

There's a way to play with netplay, you have to download some program and do some stuff, I haven't looked too much into it yet cuz I wanna practice a bit with my character.

FlatSoda

Smash Champion
also torrenting, lol.

i'm torrenting a rar pack with the mirrormoon english patches

i hope AC Ver. B is in it or i will be upset.

DC

Smash Cadet
also torrenting, lol.

i'm torrenting a rar pack with the mirrormoon english patches

i hope AC Ver. B is in it or i will be upset.
Check yer AIM I sent you the right ****.

GA Peach

Smash Lord
lol, i don't use Banana Shiki. i usually use the white costume

DC - i have been playing since ReACT came out, and i've always played Nanaya. but, with the console of MBAA out, i kinda wanna play Ryougi Shiki or Reez Baife(shield knight. forgot how to spell her name).

dashdancedan

Smash Journeyman
I play Len in the old game. I haven't picked anyone in the new one yet. but shield knight girl looks pretty awesome.

DC

Smash Cadet
Actress Again is out on PS2 now? Hm.. has a lot been changed since Act Cadenza?

In any case I'm having mad fun with Sion... I think I might play both Sion and vampire Sion since I like vampires<3

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Lol. The AA port dropped like, 2 weeks ago or so? It's got alot of changes.

I'll do some cliffnotes, for lazy people.

Universal Changs
-Guard Meter has been added (along with a guard quality system)
-Throw breaks have been added
-Moon Phases (Think "Grooves", if you've played CvS or CvS2)
-Ridiculous Auto Blocking*
*Basically I've found that if you block an attack and your opponent LINKS the remainder of his/her block string, you can literally hold forward and you wont come out of guard. As busted as this sound, this is actually ridiculously useful because of how long/devastating block strings are in the game, especially with guard meter.

Crescent Moon Phase
-Generally the closest to a characters Act Cadenza version*
*Closest meaning not an exact copy. Some characters still have new moves/ new properties in their
-Continuous Shielding (like normal, holding/mistimes kill guard quality)
-Ex Guard (guard the frame you get hit, you get guard meter back. Think "Just Defend")
-ex-shield (like normal)
-Has Circuit Spark like normal
-Activate Heat @ 100%+

Half Moon Phase
*generally considered the "offensive" phase, from what I've read
-Every character in half moon has a 6AAA string
-NO CONTINUOUS SHIELD, only a tap shield...
-... which leads to a counter attack*
*Counter attack is a launcher. Untechable and comboable.
-No ex-guard
-No ex-shield
-200%Bar (no Max mode)
-In heat, you will Circuit Spark automatically if hit. (Can still activate)

Full Moon Phase
-Can build meter by charging
-Ex Guard
-NO REVERSE BEAT
-NO REVERSE BEAT
(yes i said that **** twice)*
*Most characters apparently have frame advantage normals due to not having reverse beat. Dont quote me on this, I've just read this.
-Initiative Heat*
*Ability to activate heat directly after an attack to cancel the attack recovery frames. (Read: This phase has FRCs, FADCs, whatever cancel you're used to thinking about)

___

That's just some broad stuff, go read if you want more.

And no, that gif isnt my sig.

*points down* That's my sig.

DC

Smash Cadet
I just heard about this game a couple of days ago and it looks sick. Going to start playing soon.
Hell yeah SFL Melty Blood scene. I can hook you up with links and stuff if you need them, let me know.

I heard this game was in SBO in 2008 but not in 2009...

azianraven

Smash Journeyman
Hell yeah SFL Melty Blood scene. I can hook you up with links and stuff if you need them, let me know.

That would be awesome DC since I'm literally brand new to the game, but It looks too good to pass up. My friend has also been into Melty Blood so I can get him in on this too.

Didn't know this game had so many fans lol.

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b

This is true...Fate Unlimited Combos, Blahaboo, and Arcana Hearts 2 Sugoi (this name makes fun of itself) were deemed more important.

Before anyone says anything, I have no problems with any of those games besides the port of AH2, that port is just ****.

DC

Smash Cadet
Arcana Heart is on my list of semi-obscure fighting games I need to play.

I sincerely hope that game is better than Million Knights Vermillion... ugh

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Before anyone says anything, I have no problems with any of those games besides the port of AH2, that port is just ****.
Yup, worst port ever. Played it enough to learn bnbs with the 2 characters I wanna play (Petra and Dorothy) and I hopefully never have to play it again.

DC

Smash Cadet
lol MKV was fun when me and my friend didn't know how to play.

Then we found infinites.

/end

azianraven

Smash Journeyman
Yo DC do you mind sending me some links where to get the same iso/torrent that you guys play since it would just be easier?

Top Bottom