• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atl South has no tact

Status
Not open for further replies.

Purple

Hi guys!
I'm sitting around waiting to build SP in RO, and i'm looking at some posts in the Social thread..

..are you guys dense or something?

Obviously a few of you aren't; I'm not directly referring to you, but some of you post the most insulting, idiotic posts I've ever seen on SWF. It's not even stuff that would relatively be considered funny, yet you guys think in your mind 'this is going to be funny to someone because we're in Atl South, we laugh at everything!'.

The worst part is, some of you should know better than anyone else the global rules that SWF includes.

Tl;dr - stop being idiots, think before you post u___u

Ironically, this thread is about specific member and i -probably- will get infracted for it.

BBQ°

Smash Champion
if you're directing this post to the person I think, he got banned from the social forum so he can't see this post.

oh wait i thought you were talking about gaming king? i guess not

GA Peach

Smash Lord
your first mistake, jamaal, is assuming that people, especially on this site, are going to try and be decent human beings. you have to realize that just about everyone on here will say things to you due to the safety of being behind the computer. for some reason, having some anonymity makes some people complete *******s...

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
I haven't been looking at every thread here, but so far the people I'm calling out are:

King Tier:
Gaming King

"Oh GEE-JAY" tier:
mc-killa

Won't admit they are a woman/weeaboo tier:
Kola

Unfunny all the time tier:
o-Serin-o

The order goes from "fail" to "barely tolerable," and I wanted to put Serin higher on the list, but that would mean giving him the appearance of being successful. Which he isn't.

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
your first mistake, jamaal, is assuming that people, especially on this site, are going to try and be decent human beings. you have to realize that just about everyone on here will say things to you due to the safety of being behind the computer. for some reason, having some anonymity makes some people complete *******s...
Quoted for law.

Hyro

Smash Lord
I heard someone the other day put it like this:

It's a videogame forum.

...go ****ing kill yourself for caring lol

GA Peach

Smash Lord
I heard someone the other day put it like this:

It's a videogame forum.

honestly, this attitude is a huge problem with many things in the world. people shouldn't WANT to look like an idiot or an ******* just because they are on the internet, yet they do. people are so foolish...

AfroQT

Smash Master
honestly, this attitude is a huge problem with many things in the world. people shouldn't WANT to look like an idiot or an ******* just because they are on the internet, yet they do. people are so foolish...
In a way, i agree with this. But at the same time, i don't really care about what other people post on here.

Purple

Hi guys!
Well this is our community and we should want our community to grow and be liked by newcomers. So instead of actually showing good efforts we're going to post bull****? I mean that makes no sense. The worst part is that nothing really happens to you idiots half the time, so you just do it again and again.

Afro, I could see why you wouldn't care, but it still makes your community look worse -___-

AfroQT

Smash Master
Well this is our community and we should want our community to grow and be liked by newcomers. So instead of actually showing good efforts we're going to post bull****? I mean that makes no sense. The worst part is that nothing really happens to you idiots half the time, so you just do it again and again.

Afro, I could see why you wouldn't care, but it still makes your community look worse -___-
I don't care if the community looks worse man, i mean i guess they look worse online... but thats online.

MLEsis

Smash Journeyman
I haven't been looking at every thread here, but so far the people I'm calling out are:

King Tier:
Gaming King

"Oh GEE-JAY" tier:
mc-killa

Won't admit they are a woman/weeaboo tier:
Kola

Unfunny all the time tier:
o-Serin-o

The order goes from "fail" to "barely tolerable," and I wanted to put Serin higher on the list, but that would mean giving him the appearance of being successful. Which he isn't.
"OH GEE JAY" J
Hilarious. ****ing Hilarious.

Atlantic south is just on it's period, that's all.
LMFAO!

disasterABDUL

Smash Ace
I don't care if the community looks worse man, i mean i guess they look worse online... but thats online.
i agree with this kind of
since this is an online forum i don't take most of it too seriously because a good percentage of people on the internet aren't serious
but some people DO post **** thats just really stupid and not funny

In person everyone is a lot better
of course jokes are thrown around and such but I haven't see anyone who is super immature and what not like some people who post on the forums
most people that make the really dumb posts never show up at tournaments

also, where does vietgeek fall into all of this? =P

lol@ zero gamer for calling kola a woman/closet weeabo

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
The only way to fix that sort of thing is to bring down the ban hammer . . . Something like it.

And if that happens, it would simply discourage all the bad seeds from coming.

That's not necessarily a bad thing.

But already hving 6 mods, you think things would be moving smoothly atm.

Maybe we need twice as much. and administrators. And some gods to boot.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I really don't bring it up. Although my first post here says otherwise.

But, we can move on before Ocean comes in here . . .

Please. :(

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
I don't think Zio actually wants to be a mod.

I think he wants to want to be a mod.

So really, he always gets what he wants.

GOD!

Smash Ace

But already hving 6 mods, you think things would be moving smoothly atm.
Lol you would think that//

Atlantic south is just on it's period, that's all.
Except they spend all their time trying to grow a fan club or be funny or something, not modding, and never infracting friends. How many obscene avatars has GA Peach had (lol every single one) and how many times has he been forced to have a modest one?

It's a videogame forum.

Yeah

Purple

Hi guys!
Lol you would think that//
We really shouldn't need any, but hey, people need to be walked through the rules constantly.

Except they spend all their time trying to grow a fan club or be funny or something, not modding, and never infracting friends. How many obscene avatars has GA Peach had (lol every single one) and how many times has he been forced to have a modest one?
I'm pretty sure he gets bothered a lot about his avatar, it's just the fact he doesn't care. Why is that a response to Mike G's post though? It doesn't seem very relevant.

Why you hating on mods man? I'm hurt :(

exarch

doot doot doot
Usually not playing Brawl. Location: Enterprise
I got this.

Actually I don't infract many people because I'm looking for people who are doing things wrong brazenly. Most people just slip up and I don't think it's necessary to infract them for something they wouldn't have done had they realized it first. I've posted a few things in YLYL before I realized I needed to censor them.

That said, trolling mods and fishing for a reaction is pretty brazen, and I'm not looking to have you in my fan club, (which is pretty monstrous at this point and is not taking and more applications from you.)

Seriously the past 4 you sent weren't even filled out completely.

And GA Peach doesn't concern you but if you're really wondering Mike and I have talked/pm'd/infracted him MANY times for bad avatars.

Purple

Hi guys!
It's interesting that ATL South is one of the few places where people treat mods like monsters when really they are just as much of the community as regular members are.

You guys had to follow rules in schools, clubs, college universities, etc. and when caught you do receive punishment. Just because someone is above you and is willing to punish you for doing wrong, doesn't mean you should take the cool road and fight back; just follow the rules.

If you really do have concerns about how mods act (like GOD! apparently does) there's nothing wrong with talking about it, however there are ways to do so (tactful ways) that we're willing to approach. I don't see what's so hard about taking time to think and not straight up insulting people.

Wait nevermind, I'm going to go read GA_Peach's post again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom