• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ATHF - We actually get laid

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
ATHF, I demand you assemble at the APEX live feed after the gamepad tourney, watch my live feed

EE and I should be talking up a storm, and maybe making it out of pools too?

junebug

Smash Journeyman
Yes.

Case Closed.
wurd

and i got a serious question for you guys: who do you think is better in teams; DK or cario?

im askin cause at BMX's me and ESOJ lost to 22+ Amon goin diddy-DK, but then me and deez beat them in a MM goin diddy-cario. it was weird. xD

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
DK is better in teams, hands down, unless you're fantastic at getting 100% damage and keeping it there without losing a stock for a while.

Hidden MachineS

Banned via Warnings
I'd say Lucario is better in teams. DK gets comboed alot, and is a bit more gimpable. I know DK can get early kills, but Lucario just seems alot more reliable.

junebug

Smash Journeyman
yea, i think when i DI good, my lucario can cause some damage in teams. but till the 50% mark, he's useless.

but DK causes damage all around. o.o

junebug

Smash Journeyman
lil b, we need to wifi some time this week. xD i think i learned the matchup better.

taj, unless the infinite is allowed, i do pretty good against DDDs. :p not like amazin tho. falco sux in teams, so i got no real counter for DDD in a 2v2, but i can try.

B0NK

Smash Lord
wurd

and i got a serious question for you guys: who do you think is better in teams; DK or cario?

im askin cause at BMX's me and ESOJ lost to 22+ Amon goin diddy-DK, but then me and deez beat them in a MM goin diddy-cario. it was weird. xD
From my experience both character really aren't good in teams because both characters are very momentum based. If you lose the momentum your teammate pays for it. DK is better but not by much, only because he can do more damage and KOs at the beginning of his stock (Cargo Spike also helps). But I wouldn't recommend using either in teams because there are just better character choices for teams. JUst try to pick up D3 and even Wario is better than those two characters. If you have to use DK or cario, go DK and team with someone who can play aggressive keeping the damage off of you. DK is a stock holder who can kill, but if DK is forced to play agressive on teams it doesn't work out because DK can't create enough space to work with when he is playing aggressive. Play DK defensive on teams, its the only way DK can keep his spacing since their isn't much space to work with on teams (Why I prefer bigger stages on teams.)

junebug

Smash Journeyman
From my experience both character really aren't good in teams because both characters are very momentum based. If you lose the momentum your teammate pays for it. DK is better but not by much, only because he can do more damage and KOs at the beginning of his stock (Cargo Spike also helps). But I wouldn't recommend using either in teams because there are just better character choices for teams. JUst try to pick up D3 and even Wario is better than those two characters. If you have to use DK or cario, go DK and team with someone who can play aggressive keeping the damage off of you. DK is a stock holder who can kill, but if DK is forced to play agressive on teams it doesn't work out because DK can't create enough space to work with when he is playing aggressive. Play DK defensive on teams, its the only way DK can keep his spacing since their isn't much space to work with on teams (Why I prefer bigger stages on teams.)
thats why i luv my japes and FD :D

lee pulled it off with M2K, so its possible for a cario team

then again, you got a pretty good chance of getting 1st if one of the best 'carios and best MK are on a time. :urg:

i think ill stick to DK, unless i got a tankin or gimpalicious partner (DDD, kirby, MK, snake) or if know that my lucario ***** a member of the team. then ill switch it up. bum does it... sometimes :)

TwentyTwo

Smash Ace
wurd

I'm terrible at MMs, I can't say I know why either, but honestly I'd just pick whatever character you were more comfortable with.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Today's posts were interesting and hilarious. I approve of all of them, except 22's post, it wasn't funny, but his sig makes up for it.

"Get a man"

lolz

In actuality (i guess blame video games or such), I haven't had a REAL date in 4 years. Yikes. Guess I better step it up

or just play smash

Tant will play whoever he feels like playing BTW, my R.O.B. has improved drastically thanks to bmores and atomsk, but I've been slowly learning every character pretty much, they are still not as good as my R.O.B.

VanillaWaffle

Smash Apprentice
the day tant mains mk is the day i stop talking to him.

now lets get to the real problem at hand, forcing sito to bust out some serious ike powers directed at the faces of our foes....

ps - Next tourney tant will feel my RAGE!!

Top Bottom