• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ATHF - We actually get laid

II Bolt II

WS|Tournament Organizer
NNID
NintenBoLT
3DS FC
0748-2431-1255
TRY USING DIDDY IN THAT LAG OMFG GLIDE TOSSING WILL NEVER BE THE SAME

lol but seriously, the button delay is unbelievably bad. It's extremely difficult to glide toss consecutively and combo with that. Takes an hour or two to start moving as quick as you want.
Diddy play is really hard to perform on wifi. It's adjustable, but hard. I want to try and do it more often to see if it upgrades my performance.

This.

10junebugsandsanoscys
So very True.

lloDownedu74

Smash Ace
I think wifi can be fun, especially when you play good people.

The only time I don't like wifi is when there is excessive lag. I also hate it when noobs try to take advantage of the lag by spamming, such as:
Wolf spamming lasers until the opponent approaches, where Wolf just uses a smash until it hits
Lucario rolling and rolling and rolling and smashing and smashing and smashing
Olimar rolling and smashing
MKs who spam tornado and shuttle loop
Etc

Normally I'm fine with this type of play, but I can't play spammy people when there's lag because it's hard to punish them, even when you predict what they're going to do ten seconds before :(

Also I do understand the difficulty of playing with people like diddy kong and wario. Peach does okay online, but only if there's no lag

Levitibus

Smash Ace
Harmoniously Gripping The Wang of Society
Happy Birthday LLOD.

You are no better then Thumbs when he would bash Brawl and praise Melee, JC. Causing trouble for no justified reason at all when you weren't even provoked. Find something more constructive to do with your time, like not driving 6 hours to get 25th.

Kenrawr

Smash Master
Random people aren't good because of wifi. They're good because it's Brawl.
Look at this guy tryna justify why he wasn't that great during his time.

Consistent players are consistent.

The end.

Sanoscy is indeed good because of wifi. Get that hater **** outta here.

And June improved via Wifi. He stepped it up.

Smash G 0 D

Leave Luck to Heaven
BRoomer
LLOD and I are definitely improving because of WiFi xD We're 23rd on doubles ladder, and were playing Tant/Waffle and Nilik/Risho (Sanoscy's brothers) earlier. tooo goodz

Waffle, don't be a sore loser. :[

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
If you guys like wifi and feel it makes you better that's fine with me. Play to your heart's content.

Find something more constructive to do with your time, like not driving 6 hours to get 25th.
When did I ever do that? You talking about HERB2? Sidebet $10 that I make top 10? It was only about 4 hours btw.

Look at this guy tryna justify why he wasn't that great during his time.

Consistent players are consistent.

The end.
I was consistently better than you when I played this game so I dunno what you're trying to prove.

I could care less though, I'm actually playing a game I enjoy now. The money I win doing it is just a bonus.

junebug

Smash Journeyman
happy birthday LLOD!

and id prefer not to get the wifi debate in here. ally, ADHD, anti, and several others have already proven wifi does help you get good. its an acquired taste though. :x

B0NK

Smash Lord
This is no worst then the melee vs brawl debate. Stop arguing whether wi-fi helps one improve or not and stop arguing that brawl makes "random" people good player just because your game will never build to the popularity of brawl. That is just my prediction, I do wish the Brawl+ community luck on trying to make the game as popular as brawl but I don't ever see something like a genesis where over 250 people will eneter for a brawl+ tournament.

Top Bottom