• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ATHF - We actually get laid

SOVAman

Smash Hero
I understand where you are coming from Brandon, my only problem is its not by choice they don't come, just remember that, you know some parents can be a pain, you just have chill ones lol

Lets just keep doing our thing, I'm sure they'll be able to hit up something soon since school is out. Everyone knows we're legit, that cannot be denied~!
School has been out for quite sometime, just saying

also it's not really that they don't go to events, I just never felt they were truly "ATHF" that's all

SOVAman

Smash Hero
*face palm... *
get over it.. kid

we just gonna play better next time, like we always do
that's what I'm trying to say .__.
You got to be kidding me @__@

you don't know when to stop

You still don't know what I am saying and you keep replying to piss me off

B0NK

Smash Lord
Brandon just to clear things up with you and cafe....

You guys do what you want but I can't even see ourselves ever being thought of as a serious crew by others in the region if we have non-serious member.
Cafe is saying that the results speak for the members of the crew individually, and we are known as a serious crew just by our results in tourney alone. I believe Cafe was referring to that not really the rest of your post and the supplementary members. I believe Cafe is saying the members of the crew have nothing to do with being taken seriously as a crew. Correct if I'm wrong Cafe.

KageMurphy

Smash Master
LMAO @ Korn trolling

Brandon - I feel you but they do their best, least they can be active on wifi ;~;

SOVAman

Smash Hero
Brandon just to clear things up with you and cafe....

Cafe is saying that the results speak for the members of the crew individually, and we are known as a serious crew just by our results in tourney alone. I believe Cafe was referring to that not really the rest of your post and the supplementary members. I believe Cafe is saying the members of the crew have nothing to do with being taken seriously as a crew. Correct if I'm wrong Cafe.
Why don't you just talk to me at the house?

also it has nothing to do with results

like I said at least 4324234 times

SOVAman

Smash Hero
I basically said what Phil said !!!! -_-

when u piss off, you don't listen... that's all
for now, al leave u alone

not EVEN ...
I wasn't even trolling.. I just always say stuff on my own style -_-

edit: finally, bonk get it... thanks
I wasn't pissed off until you started posting about something that had nothing to do with what I was saying

so next time just stop when I ask you to and I will be fine

also bonk doesn't understand either cafe

B0NK

Smash Lord
also bonk doesn't understand either cafe
You don't understand.

Cafe brought up a reasonable counter-point to your argument and you blew it off as irrelevant.

He is saying that the members of our crew have nothing to do with being taken seriously so don't worry about who is on our OP.

We are taken seriously because of our results.

Have you forgotten why this crew was made in the first place???? Just a way of saying we are all friends and we support each other. I support SG, LLOD, BZ, and Sano when ever they come out to tourneys and they support us regardless. No reason to get rid of them.

And I'm saying this here and not "in the house" because we are talking about the members of this crew, I think they should be able to see this.

SOVAman

Smash Hero
You don't understand.

Cafe brought up a reasonable counter-point to your argument and you blew it off as irrelevant.

He is saying that the members of our crew have nothing to do with being taken seriously so don't worry about who is on our OP.

Have you forgotten why this crew was made in the first place???? Just a way of saying we are all friends and we support each other. I support SG, LLOD, BZ, and Sano when ever they come out to tourneys and they support us regardless. No reason to get rid of them.

And I'm saying this here because we are talking about the members of this crew, I think they should be able to see this.
I'm not going to argue with you of all people on here

when you understand what I wrote you can come talk to me

cafe obviously didn't have a clue, all he knew is he got 1st. Which is irrelevant

KageMurphy

Smash Master

This times 100

We have members who place in the money, the rest of us gotta step it up some lol but we should not be kicking out friends cause they have strict parents who won't take them to things as often as they'd like.

SOVAman

Smash Hero
Same goes to you.
dude wtf, you act so weird online

im just going to ignore list you on boards

so you can just talk to me when you need to address me

you are the one trying to say I am wrong

I haven't addressed you once so next time you have a problem with my post, come talk to me

SOVAman

Smash Hero
This times 100

We have members who place in the money, the rest of us gotta step it up some lol but we should not be kicking out friends cause they have strict parents who won't take them to things as often as they'd like.
I consider a lot of people in VA and stuff a friend, but they aren't ATHF.

I'm done talking about this though if you guys want them in that's fine I will support that

since I am going to go with what most people in the crew want

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Holy **** what the hell happened here

I somewhat agree with brandon

If there is a will, there is a way, and Smash G0D, LLOD, Sanoscy, Nilik, Beta, and Shado have put other things as more important than smash. Not saying that is wrong, or that they could even do anything about it, but ATHF was super important to them they would find ways to events. I know in fact of two events Sano could've been at but Nilik said Sano just didn't want to go. The core members of ATHF are the ones who were at the Kings Dominion trip + NKB and Gull. I tried to root on the rest of ATHF once i was out (by the time i got to NKB vs Takeover, it was too late, sorry guy). The others just play wifi and I'm happy for them but it's hard to consider people you see at the most twice in 6 months as crew mates.

SOVAman

Smash Hero
Thanks you tant

at least someone understands what it means to be in the ATHF family

the supplementary members clearly aren't, sadly

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
They are some of my dearest friends but after a while they hit sito status and while i still love that guy to death he's not in the crew anymore.

Cafe has a very valid point about letting results speak for themselves, Cafe + June taking 1st etc. and I know I was able to stop by ESOJ's place as was Cafe and brandon this week so i'm sure results will talk for the ones who take things seriously and have a brain (apparently i don't).

I would love to hear other people's thoughts on this

BMX

Smash Lord
I kind of agree, but all of them are just kids, we can't rush what they are doing, but on the other hand, they haven't shown any dedication to going to tourneys to prove themselves.

I'll let them talk for themselves.

SOVAman

Smash Hero
Beta, sano, smash GOD etc will speak for themselves from now on, if they even look at this thread lol

in other news: Salamence is ubers

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Yall are random as **** sometimes. In other news Papa johns has a legit deal finally. For 12.99 you can get two medium two toppings and breadsticks. My gasps at a finally good deal.

Ah yes.....

Smash G 0 D

Leave Luck to Heaven
BRoomer
Alright, here's what I gotta say.

First off, I'll openly admit that school and my future takes priority over smash. I've accepted that. Even if I didn't, things would go downhill. Smash would distract me, my grades would go down, and I wouldn't get to go to any tourneys anyways.
I'm very involved with extracurricular activities at my school, particularly theater-related stuff. I've been in like 6 shows in the past year and am in the midst of one right now. In addition to all of that, I'm now working. I love theater and part of the advantage is that my parents support it and I can see my theater friends all the time. My parents DON'T support my playing smash, so it takes a while for lloD and I to work towards them letting us go to a tournament.
My dad HAS shown that he is willing to take us to a tourney in the near future. In fact he was more than willing to take us to Xanadu until he realized that they already had plans. And frankly they aren't comfortable with us being 2 hours away with a bunch of people older than us and who they don't know. There's nothing I can do about it, and I understand.
All week I have work from 9-2 then rehearsal from 5-10, and I have 4 shows to do this weekend. I have work all next week, plus rehearsal from 5-10 on that Thursday, plus 4 MORE shows that weekend.
After that I've got work until the 20th, 3 books to read, an AP Spanish packet of who knows how many pages to do, and an essay to write.

But after the show I think a tournament will be more easily done, since it's on the weekend.

When it comes to smash, I look to ATHF as my home. I often talk look to Tant for guidance and I like talking with you guys. Although I can't come to tourneys, I try to channel the spirit into Wifi. Thanks to Wifi lloD has become VERY well known, and him and I are well known as a team. Both of us have won tournaments on Wifi this weekend and we're consistently top 5 in doubles ladder.

It's up to you guys if you want to kick us out. I'll understand if being taken more seriously is the priority, and if you guys think the best way to achieve that is by removing us from the crew.

SOVAman

Smash Hero
Thanks for your input SG, I understand you're busy, but god dam that is more than I thought

I would never be able to succeed in any of that I don't even know how to open a book :/ , anyways I wanna here still from sano and beta about what they have to say.

lloDownedu74

Smash Ace
Well I guess SG said it all very elegantly. You guys have no idea how much I argued with my parents to let us go to Xanadu. I tried and tried, but it just never happened. Smash God and I will definitely do our best to go to more tournaments in the future. But, like SG, I do have other priorities. Summer school started for me recently, which means I do have hw. Also, SG does drama, while I do band stuff, and that takes a big chunk out of my time, especially in August. Summer school ends in the beginning of August, and for the last 3 weeks of August, I have Marching Band every single day all day. I even go to some camp for a week, practicing for over 12 hours a day. I've accepted the fact that because of other commitments, smash is slowly being pushed back in my list of priorities. Even though I do play a lot of wifi (and I don't mean to be arrogant, but Smash God and I have improved greatly since pound 4 ;D ) so that we're ready for our next tournament, our parents are still weird about us going to tournaments.

So basically, what I'm trying to say is that I do have other priorities in my life with school, band, and my future. But, Smash is still my favorite thing in the entire world to do, so I will keep on trucking. Smash god will get his license soon, which means definitely more tourneys in the future. Also, I can use my bday as an excuse to go to a tourney soon. Whatever happens, I'm going to try my best to stay in this family. I've made a decision to become more active with my Smash friends, and keep this relaxing part of my life in my life.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
I already knew how busy SG was, I talk to him a lot. I needed everyone else to understand that, which is why I wanted them to speak for themselves. Now Brandon and co. can understand why I haven't removed them altogether. They are certainly our greatest friends and are still very into the metagame, they just can't be in the field doing work as often.

I've supported SG and LLOD from almost their inception into brawl. One of my best memories of them was rooting them on at Chu's TGIF tournament last summer. They obviously want to do well.

I love you guys! Keep up the Good work.

Sanoscy, you should post here sometime, since I know you read this.

Smash G 0 D

Leave Luck to Heaven
BRoomer
<3 you guys.

If any of you have android phones/devices, I'm currently working on a Matchup Database application.

1.6 and up should work, I hope.

EDIT: I have it working on the eDGe (10.1" screen, Android 1.6) but not my Droid Incredible (3.7" screen, Android 2.2). Meh.

Nilik

Smash Cadet
I already knew how busy SG was, I talk to him a lot. I needed everyone else to understand that, which is why I wanted them to speak for themselves. Now Brandon and co. can understand why I haven't removed them altogether. They are certainly our greatest friends and are still very into the metagame, they just can't be in the field doing work as often.

I've supported SG and LLOD from almost their inception into brawl. One of my best memories of them was rooting them on at Chu's TGIF tournament last summer. They obviously want to do well.

I love you guys! Keep up the Good work.

Sanoscy, you should post here sometime, since I know you read this.
Sanoscy doesn't get on smashboards that much. o.0

Top Bottom