• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ATHF - We actually get laid

lloDownedu74

Smash Ace
I've done the unthinkable. Even though MK is sooooo boring to play, it seems that he is now my secondary. I don't like using him, but I managed to almost beat smash god's MK in MK dittos in 3 tournet sets, so we both agree he's my second best...

crap...

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
I've done the unthinkable. Even though MK is sooooo boring to play, it seems that he is now my secondary. I don't like using him, but I managed to almost beat smash god's MK in MK dittos in 3 tourney sets, so we both agree he's my second best...

crap...
Join the club.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
No Brett

Its not popularity, but the simplicity of how i can play diddy and play at a competitive level with never playing diddy in that game before in my entire life, its far too easy

It's like Kingdom Hearts 2 vs Kingdom Hearts, KH2 was more fun but so much simpler and easy, KH1 was a much harder and a bit more in depth game overall, and a lot of people liked it better than KH2.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Because skill from regular Brawl doesn't carry over at all, right? Diddy in particular plays almost exactly like he does in Brawl and is really really good.

It's actually hilarious how often people say, "Oh man look how good I am even though I've never played this game before!" Wake up. Smash skill carries over. It's not some random never-before-seen game. If you're good at Brawl, you will be good at Brawl+, not because Brawl+ is "easy," but because Brawl+ is similar in many ways. It's easy in the sense that it's easy to pick up if you've played other smash games.

But if you still think it's so super easy, I will gladly money match you for any amount.

VanillaWaffle

Smash Apprentice
veritas caesar

@ nkb - dude you got mod war 2 and you aint playing with me and my crew? wtf is wrong with you. add me on xbox foo, "Van1lla Waffle"

Kenrawr

Smash Master
^no way

KH2 killed the story. They tried to add so much that it wasn't worth trying to keep up with it anymore ;l Pushing triangle the whole game got boring after a while too.

I reached the final boss on it. Then while on a flight to Vegas the airlines lost the bag I had it in. The game was so meh though in comparison that I've never bothered to go back and finish it.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
What? My diddy sucks *** in regular brawl. I'm pretty sure june and esoj 3 stocked my diddy the other day. I don't even use diddy in regular brawl at all other than random friendlies and in 3 times at Pound because I didn't care at all.

Anyways, K9/Taj proved my point, there are things people like about both, but its Brawl+ is like adding the reaction command to Brawl.

And in case you didn't notice, I still admitted you're better than me at smash in the same post we're talking about. Why would I MM you? I don't think I could win, but I could keep it close.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
What is a reaction command?

If you like Brawl more than Brawl+ that's fine. I just don't follow your logic that Brawl+ is somehow easier or less competitive than Brawl. That's crap. If you want something objective, I can list some of the Brawl+ ATs that aren't in Brawl. Or the fact that Brawl+ was designed by tournament players instead of some Japanese guy trying to make a party game.

(Disclaimer: I'm not saying Brawl+ > Brawl. They are different games. Whatever you prefer is fine.)

^ might as well play melee......
Brawl+ =/= Melee. Honestly Brawl+ is much closer to Brawl than Melee. It just takes some of the best parts of Melee (emphasis on offense, combos, pressure, edgeguarding, a bit more technical) and adds them in along with much better character balance. But they are all different games and Brawl+ isn't trying to be Melee 2.0 (see Project M).

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
What is a reaction command?

If you like Brawl more than Brawl+ that's fine. I just don't follow your logic that Brawl+ is somehow easier or less competitive than Brawl. That's crap. If you want something objective, I can list some of the Brawl+ ATs that aren't in Brawl. Or the fact that Brawl+ was designed by tournament players instead of some Japanese guy trying to make a party game.

(Disclaimer: I'm not saying Brawl+ > Brawl. They are different games. Whatever you prefer is fine.)

Brawl+ =/= Melee. Honestly Brawl+ is much closer to Brawl than Melee. It just takes some of the best parts of Melee (emphasis on offense, combos, pressure, edgeguarding, a bit more technical) and adds them in along with much better character balance. But they are all different games and Brawl+ isn't trying to be Melee 2.0 (see Project M).
Yeah, Project M is fantastic, but won't be out for a few months. I watched someone play the beta with various characters. At the moment Falco is obnoxiously broken. Project M is what I wanted, not brawl+.

Famous

Smash Champion
^no way

KH2 killed the story. They tried to add so much that it wasn't worth trying to keep up with it anymore ;l Pushing triangle the whole game got boring after a while too.

I reached the final boss on it. Then while on a flight to Vegas the airlines lost the bag I had it in. The game was so meh though in comparison that I've never bothered to go back and finish it.
Actually, Birth by Sleep is better than both =/

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Birth by sleep, can't wait to get it! They almost have all the english voice actors confirmed. I can't wait to check it out.

Explaining what a reaction command is isn't easy. But yeah there are a ton of techs in +, that doesn't necessarily make it more competitive. Brawl is just, different. Heh.
Well we aren't going to sway each other, so we'll just keep on keepin on, I suppose

Who's smashing this week?

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Explaining what a reaction command is isn't easy. But yeah there are a ton of techs in +, that doesn't necessarily make it more competitive. Brawl is just, different. Heh.
"Competitive" is a vague term. My point is that in Brawl+, there are more options at any given moment, partially because there are more techs, partially because more characters are viable (with all their unique playstyles which you have to adapt to), partially because individual character's movesets are more fleshed out (for example, Falco has throw mixups now instead of dthrow being his only throw worth using), and partially because followups are much more varied than just "wait for the airdodge and punish." Followups now depend much more on DI and knowing your escape options. Strings are a lot more common (but not as common as Melee). All these add up to make the game harder.

Famous

Smash Champion
Actually, nobody was talking about it =/

Maybe I'll replay KH2 just for it though o=
Giving me a bad can of Kenny?

The game is amazing...just saying...

Yea, you should play through KH2 again...It was kinda gay that everyone said that the secret ending in KH2 was a KH3 teaser but its not...It's a Birth by Sleep Teaser...

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
I just put a new Joystick on my gamecube controller. It feels much better than the worn out one I was using. Really happy with it.

VanillaWaffle

Smash Apprentice
@ beta - yeah veritas is a great manga, i really like it. however i was not actually refferencing it, veritas is latin for truth, a phrase i have adapting to using recently.

~RiKu~

Smash Cadet
Giving me a bad can of Kenny?

The game is amazing...just saying...

Yea, you should play through KH2 again...It was kinda gay that everyone said that the secret ending in KH2 was a KH3 teaser but its not...It's a Birth by Sleep Teaser...
KH2 Final Mix is so much better.

Top Bottom