• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ATHF - We actually get laid

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
So I just looked up the top 10 selling games for Wii. This list makes me sick

1. Wii Sports 59 million (duh, it comes with every console)
2. Wii Play 26.69 million (duh, it was a 10 dollar game with a wiimote)
3. Wii Fit 22.61 million (dear god, people are that lazy? Whatever happened to a workout?)
4. Mario Kart Wii 20.93 million (finally, a real game, a good one at that)
5. Wii Sports Resort 13.04 million (duh, it came with wii motion plus)
6. New Super Mario Bros. Wii 10.9 million (this franchise sells like dollar menu cheeseburgers)
7. Wii Fit Plus 9.27 million(that ain't brawl plus)
8. Super Smash Bros. Brawl 9.20 million (our game, yipee, 9.2 million people are learning to camp)
9. Super Mario Galaxy 8.47 million (not surprising, this game is amazing, probably required more work and talent than the 8 above it, and sells half as well)
10. Mario & Sonic at the Olympics 7.52 million (wtf, this game is awful, really)

Games you think would do well that didnt:

12. Twilight Princess 5.46 million (although, this was on the gamecube too, and it sold like 3 million copies on the cube)
20. Super Paper Mario 2.89 million (disappointing game here)
26. Mario Strikers Charged 2.16 million (amazing game, why didn't they advertise more)
35. Metroid Prime 3: Corruption 1.55 million (i think they got the idea that this franchise was over after metroid prime 1)
74. Punch Out 1 million (this is still 74th on the list? I fear for the other titles, they must be bankrupt)
97. Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3 0.86 million (i actually thought this game was fun, i guess that kamekameha gimmick didn't last forever)
110. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Reflex Edition 0.77 million (Call of duty on wii, sounds like a great idea, until you look at it)
157. No More Heroes 0.47 million (this was enough sold to make a sequel? Good game though.)
159. Sonic and the Black Knight: 0.45 million (get ***** sega, you got outsold by a mario power tennis gamecube remake with wii controls)
173. Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn 0.42 million (how does sonic and the black knight outsell this amazing series, i might have to purchase a copy to help the cause)
230. NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams 0.29 million (guess that remake didn't turn out so well)

lloDownedu74

Smash Ace
iRadiant Dawn is 173rd????? O_O That's like the best game ever! I spent four days of non stop playing to beat that game lol.

Maybe its cuz there are a lot of fire emblems, and people thought you had to play path of radiance first (which is kinda true)

VanillaWaffle

Smash Apprentice
radiant dawn was an amazing title, however strategy rpgs dont appeal to a wide audience. one of the hardest fire emblems ive had the pleasure of playing.

Smash G 0 D

Leave Luck to Heaven
BRoomer
LLOD legit spent 4 days sitting in the basement on our wide screen TV playing Radiant Dawn until he beat it. I remember because he wouldn't play Melee with me

Coney

Smash Master
i know i say it all the time but it bears repeating

mario strikers charged is one of the greatest purchases i've ever made. not to mention it's the most fun i've ever had playing a game at a competitive level. there are elements of randomness that turn people off, but on the whole it's fantastic, and i can't tell if it's on purpose or by accident.

it's funny that boo is basically the MK of that game though, dude's an ******* and has character-specific glitches that simply HAVE to be banned

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Has it gotten any better? I played it for like a month when it first came out and it seemed like the high-level metagame at the time revolved around jumping over or teleporting through the goalie. It got really stale for me.

VanillaWaffle

Smash Apprentice
was never a fan of mario strikers really, now if you want a good wii game that was underplayed, No More Heroes was amazing. wii controls worked well, had a great comedic factor, the action was intense and good. story was decent enough, nothing too fancy but enough to make you keep going. havent played the sequel, intend to get it eventually, but it was a really good game.

Famous

Smash Champion
So I just looked up the top 10 selling games for Wii. This list makes me sick

1. Wii Sports 59 million (duh, it comes with every console)
2. Wii Play 26.69 million (duh, it was a 10 dollar game with a wiimote)
3. Wii Fit 22.61 million (dear god, people are that lazy? Whatever happened to a workout?)
4. Mario Kart Wii 20.93 million (finally, a real game, a good one at that)
5. Wii Sports Resort 13.04 million (duh, it came with wii motion plus)
6. New Super Mario Bros. Wii 10.9 million (this franchise sells like dollar menu cheeseburgers)
7. Wii Fit Plus 9.27 million(that ain't brawl plus)
8. Super Smash Bros. Brawl 9.20 million (our game, yipee, 9.2 million people are learning to camp)
9. Super Mario Galaxy 8.47 million (not surprising, this game is amazing, probably required more work and talent than the 8 above it, and sells half as well)
10. Mario & Sonic at the Olympics 7.52 million (wtf, this game is awful, really)

Games you think would do well that didnt:

12. Twilight Princess 5.46 million (although, this was on the gamecube too, and it sold like 3 million copies on the cube)
20. Super Paper Mario 2.89 million (disappointing game here)
26. Mario Strikers Charged 2.16 million (amazing game, why didn't they advertise more)
35. Metroid Prime 3: Corruption 1.55 million (i think they got the idea that this franchise was over after metroid prime 1)
74. Punch Out 1 million (this is still 74th on the list? I fear for the other titles, they must be bankrupt)
97. Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3 0.86 million (i actually thought this game was fun, i guess that kamekameha gimmick didn't last forever)
110. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Reflex Edition 0.77 million (Call of duty on wii, sounds like a great idea, until you look at it)
157. No More Heroes 0.47 million (this was enough sold to make a sequel? Good game though.)
159. Sonic and the Black Knight: 0.45 million (get ***** sega, you got outsold by a mario power tennis gamecube remake with wii controls)
173. Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn 0.42 million (how does sonic and the black knight outsell this amazing series, i might have to purchase a copy to help the cause)
230. NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams 0.29 million (guess that remake didn't turn out so well)
I stopped liking Mario Kart after the DS version was released...NiGHTS 230? Man...that game was like a blast to the past....Mario Strikers should be Top 10 Along with Twilight Princess and Fire Emblem....Mario Galaxy should be in Top 3 While Mario&Sonic shouldn't even be on the list...That game sucks ***

Coney

Smash Master
Has it gotten any better? I played it for like a month when it first came out and it seemed like the high-level metagame at the time revolved around jumping over or teleporting through the goalie. It got really stale for me.
at the time, yeah. but the chip button in the game was what really opened it up...people started finding ways to basically exploit the goalie AI, which is what the entire metagame surrounded. tricks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6a9uck46Z4

VanillaWaffle

Smash Apprentice
yeah i disaprove of strikers, sry coney. pretty much everything in that video was just pissing on a disfunctional ai goalie. i would get no satisfaction from that.

Coney

Smash Master
oh wow that looks fun...

so i guess the goalies dont matter..

:confused:
oh, they do, but on different levels.

there are two distinct styles of playing in MSC (well, three): trick, shooting, and mixed.

trick style is what you saw in the video; exploiting the AI goalie with skillful positioning and intelligent play. tricks are telegraphed and one must play extremely smart to put them together. the goalie is rarely an issue, since a skilled trick player can exploit their AI well, but the defensive line is difficult to penetrate that deep into enemy territory.

shooting is just what it sounds like: most of your goals will be made by shots. while there is an element of randomness to the shots (with exception to sweet spots and good animation reads, whether a shot will go in or not is largely random), getting the ball to a shooter is infinitely easier than storming an entire defensive line as a trick player.

mixed players, like me, incorporate some fusion of the two styles. i make most of my goals via shooting but can pull off tricks if the opportunity arises.

yeah i disaprove of strikers, sry coney. pretty much everything in that video was just pissing on a disfunctional ai goalie. i would get no satisfaction from that.
you'd be surprised! the satisfaction isn't really in making the goal itself, but more in finding a hole in the opponent's defense, exploiting it, getting to the goal, and then performing a difficult maneuver to actually get the ball in the net.

i know they look easy, but those chip tricks are pretty difficult, and are extremely easy to block

in any case, strikers doubles are infinitely more fun than singles. my friend and i used to be the best team online and we made up tons of neat doubles tricks :O

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3oktZl12ps

i also adore the game for being the only game wherein waluigi will ever be top tier

KageMurphy

Smash Master
just made 40 in Poker, not bad, sova!

also good stuff smashing today Tant, how's my Wario coming along? :]

Wario/MK main now

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Your wario isn't bad, definitely respectable

It's about as good as my diddy, diddy is SOOOOO good though

Your lucario needs work though

SOVAman

Smash Hero
Hey Nate get on COD tonight I haven't seen anyone really using the care package glitch today.

My silenced FAL is nasty now :D

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
^^me neither, i learned 2 things last night

Brawl+ is still more fun than brawl, but still sucks competitively
JCaesar is still better than me at smash

Darn it

Top Bottom