• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ATHF Presents: The Legend of SOVAman, NEW VENUE, Hagerstown, MD 3/20 Ft: Pools+Yugioh

g-regulate

Smash Hero
this whole "going to tournaments and not entering" is some stupid BS if you ask me.

I'm bringing a full setup, Wii + TV

SOVAman

Smash Hero
if people from sassy's decide to come, i guess i'll ride up with them

if i do, though, i'm not entering; i'll be playing smash 64, mario strikers and maybe some friendlies or money matches or something

also somebody bring a frisbee or something, it's gonna be nice out!
Bring a football

I heard Junebug is a pro football player lol

this whole "going to tournaments and not entering" is some stupid BS if you ask me.

Cause tourneys are fun to go to

metalmonstar

Smash Lord
Who is Crim?

Relm is coming but probably only for Yugioh. Umos said he is coming but I am not sure if he is going to remember. Guess I will just text him saturday morning.

Then there is probably about 3-4 others that are coming from the gaming club to play.

TheYoster

Smash Journeyman
yeh I'm also inteested in going but don't want to go alone. Its going to be at my coworkers place...close to where Otakon was. He has a poker table that can fit 10 ppl. Apparently he already has half the seats reserved.

Coney

Smash Master

well if sassy's got a free spot in his car, my chick's gone for the weekend and i got nothing better to do on a bee-yoo-tee-ful saturday, good excuse to get out!

and **** i'll probably get enticed by pools and enter anyway like i always do. sova!

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Good Candy, don't come, we'll have a better shot at winning

Coney you could always get me to pay for your doubles so we can team, no strings attached!

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
You didn't disprove my point, fine, let Chu/Korn/AZ/PS win, who cares right?

Anyways, i think we're gonna break 40! Which was my dropped back goal when realizing how hard 50 is to achieve these days.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
alright, heh

I just wanted you to show up, whatever it took to get you here

the stages stay though, I'll explain why tomorrow if you ask me

I gave everyone 2 bans though! feel free to ban PS2 + normal ban or Japes + PS2, it doesn't matter much

ChuDat

Smash Master
Good Candy, don't come, we'll have a better shot at winning

Coney you could always get me to pay for your doubles so we can team, no strings attached!
Tant, you should listen to what people say and take their advice. If there are multiple people that complain about a subject, it is obvious what needs to be done. Listening to people and giving them what they want will make your tournaments better + more competitive. You were the one to make a long post about how you were trying to make MD/VA better by hosting amazing tournaments.

Hagerstown is already a bad venue to begin with, IMO. I'm only supporting this tournament because I am supporting you Tant, and all of MD/VA. I want MD/VA to thrive and get better. You agree with this right?

Take PS2 and Japes off. Those stages are generally not on at out of state tournaments. We are trying to get better here. Take it from me, Tant.

-ChuDatz
MD/VA's Leader
Smash Pro Player
Tournament Organizer

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I'm totally down with the stages. There isn't anything even remotely wrong with PS2 except for that wind transformation, in which case, just don't jump. Or camp each other, in which case its exactly like PS1! Japes is just campy/people live forever (unless you have klap trap beefs, but if you are smart its easy to avoid). Also, one of these two stages will be on at MLG ;). Official ruleset should be out soon.

Also I still need a teammate. Takeover? Meep? Someone else? Maybe I should just team with Amy.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Chu,

I completely disagree. Like I said, if you want to know my reasoning, ask me at the event.

ALSO, REMEMBER THIS IS A NEW HAGERSTOWN VENUE, NOT THE GUN CLUB. DON'T SHOW UP AT THE GUN CLUB, NO ONE WILL BE THERE EXCEPT THE SHOOTING RANGE GUYS.

This is at a community college in hagerstown.

Hagerstown Community College
11400 Robinwood Drive
Hagerstown, MD

Very important announcement in next post.

KORNNNNN~

Smash Master
:/ yeah I do not like... PS 2 + Japes............... at all

but 2 bans is great

dunno why you're trying to defend those two stages.

they're ******** no matter what you say.
KENNY COME TO THIS TOURNEY !!! <3 no homo

You didn't disprove my point, fine, let Chu/Korn/AZ/PS win, who cares right?

Anyways, i think we're gonna break 40! Which was my dropped back goal when realizing how hard 50 is to achieve these days.
I'm not gonna win...... :/

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Important Announcement Regarding Teams Players Who Usually Place Well

ATTN: PS, Boss, Candy, Chu, Korn etc.

Singles registration will be CLOSED BEFORE TEAMS IS OVER. This means, you need to PAY FOR SINGLES BEFORE TEAMS IS OVER. Which also means YOU CAN'T USE YOUR TEAMS WINNINGS TO PAY FOR SINGLES. That really makes a mess of things.

If you're entering singles, sign up at the beginning and PAY at the beginning. I will not make exceptions to this. This makes things VERY troublesome for me when calculating payouts when people want to do that.

SOVAman

Smash Hero
I think those stages are great for the growth of md/va and for new players to explore and be amazed by all the aspects of the game. Top players should think of the little guys looking for a chance and help them make it through the ruff competitive scene that is super smash bros brawl.

-SOVAman

Smash Leader
Top player
Tournament Organizer

KageMurphy

Smash Master
Those stages are dumb but I don't care, some places still have them legal and its gonna be fun to try something new. Not like it'll be a full time thing.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Everyone who is complaining:

NO JOHNS

What has become of the Smash community, sigh. A couple extra stages and everyone gets their panties in a twist?

boss8

Smash Hero
ATTN: PS, Boss, Candy, Chu, Korn etc.

Singles registration will be CLOSED BEFORE TEAMS IS OVER. This means, you need to PAY FOR SINGLES BEFORE TEAMS IS OVER. Which also means YOU CAN'T USE YOUR TEAMS WINNINGS TO PAY FOR SINGLES. That really makes a mess of things.

If you're entering singles, sign up at the beginning and PAY at the beginning. I will not make exceptions to this. This makes things VERY troublesome for me when calculating payouts when people want to do that.
hmmmm we cant pay after teams but u give us pools and put these ******** gay stages on???

yea MD/VA is legit

:ohwell:

im expecting the MK's mains/sellouts to have a BALL at this turney....cause they have SOOOO many stages to go to....

im assuming chu and forte will be winning...and so willl acandy and korn and sin and P~S basically anyone whp plays MK..

boss8

Smash Hero

NO JOHNS

What has become of the Smash community, sigh. A couple extra stages and everyone gets their panties in a twist?
<----candy disguised as boss

because its STUPID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i know...b/c ive actually lost to someone FIRST ROUND before just b/c they cp'd me to jungle japes...and it cost me placing well and making money...and if u gotta waste your banns on these dumb stages...that means we cant ban rainbow/brinstar/lylat

its adding other stipulations to the game that shouldnt be involved in competitive play

ChuDat

Smash Master

NO JOHNS

I just think that Tant should use the standard COMPETITIVE rule set.

I don't care if Tant wants to try them out. For what purpose? To impose these rules on the rest of the nation? It's not going to happen.

This tournament isn't serious/competitive. The general consensus for tournaments across the nation DO NOT give two bans. They also do not allow PS2 and Japes to be on.

In the end, it's his tournament. If he decides to go with these rules, he loses respect as a tournament organizer. These rules will also hurt MD/VA's top players since we will not be using these rules at out-of-state tournaments.

I supported this tournament. I, and many others, probably won't support future tournaments unless the rule set is changed. I'm still going to this tournament tomorrow regardless of rules.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
btw Tant I got my friend to come she calls herself LFN.

Though she might not be competeing she is gonna be playing brawl (ima force her to compete though)

Japes is on?! That's good for me with Lucas since I am not confident in Olimar yet. Lol I like Japes though I can't really say anything since I am new to the tourny scene. Japes and Brinstar for the Lucas win xD (not that good for tournies though however any plus to help my game I like.)

People probably know better about tourny rules though :p

-goes back to playing Saw the game with LFN-

Top Bottom