• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

At Smash's Gate - The Doom Marine/Doomguy/Doom Slayer Thread

ActualGarbage

Smash Ace
Do you have a source on that? I've heard it around a lot, but I've never seen where it came from.
It was a quote from Reggie at last year's Game Awards that people misinterpreted. He just said every character in the pass would be new to Smash, because all veterans were already in the game.

chemo

Smash Apprentice
Except maybe Master Levels, but I never understood it... I had it on PC and it was just a bunch of multiplayer maps that were really hard to access.
The Master Levels have been in the DOOM II ports since launch

valkiriforce

Smash Ace
Why shouldn't someone play episode 4? (I'm still working my way through Doom 1; I'm finding the maps to be a little tough to navigate)
Just wanna add to it and say it can have a very rough start - though it picks up halfway through the second map IMO; you get better weapons with the plasma rifle and rocket launcher with no shortage of ammo for either weapon. I just think the first map having almost no health at all is brutal, so you have to get to the exit with as little damage as possible - and it's made worse by the start of the second map being kinda hectic especially if you've made it with low health. It was created at the time for skilled doomers who thought the game was too easy, so the expansion of The Ultimate Doom adding the fourth episode was likely a response to that.

Also don't be ashamed to check video walkthroughs for the first two maps if you like - might make the ride a little more smooth if you know what to expect. Or you could go in blind and see how it plays out - either way is fine.

Personally I really like Episode 4's style; it feels really different and it has some really cool designs specifically in John Romero's maps (E4M2 & E4M6) and the last few maps (E4M7-M9).

PublicServant

Smash Journeyman
What do you guys think our boy's chances are for reveal tomorrow?
Far from getting my hopes up.
Sure, one could argue that the Mii Costume leak has stood the test of time compared to the other leakbait that has been shovelled from 4chan, but I wouldn't put it beneath Sakurai to surprise audiences with an absolute balls-to-the-wall pick.
Granted, I feel as if the majority of Smash players would still be shocked at the inclusion of the Slayer, against all odds of mature content, blood & gore, realistic weapons and being deconfirmed by leakers.
Dreams are free.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I blame all of you for hyping me up so much! It’s difficult to go back to thinking Doomguy is just a pipe dream.

I’m not going to expect Doomguy, even though my brain will be screaming at the screen if he’s not in.

I’m gonna set my expectations to guess its from one of the big Japanese companies this time.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773

That UI customization and stuff is sick.

dolke

Smash Cadet
Good lord I hate to get you guys hyped but just IMAGINE a smash based Slayer's Testament

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Good lord I hate to get you guys hyped but just IMAGINE a smash based Slayer's Testament
Oh...that sounds awesome. I’ve thought of what it could sound like myself, actually:

Although they were successful in sealing him away, fear still lingered, for they knew that his return would be inevitable. However, the Hell Priests were undeterred. They searched past the boundaries of our realms, searching for a suitable prison for his return. After fruitless scouring, they found but one realm: a crossroads where warriors from other worlds would do eternal battle for forces unknown. And so it was chosen that the Hell Walker shall be banished to this world, where he may do battle with these warriors...for eternity…”

volbound1700

Smash Master
I am traveling for work so I may not be able to catch it or be on here but I wish you luck. I just hope we don't get a dumb character. I will take Geno, Doomguy, Master Chief, Sora, Crash Bandicoot.

KOS-MOS doesn't excite me though. Some obscure PS1 character that was in 1-2 games is not a great Smash pick. We need legends. No more Jokers/Terrys.

TindalosKeeper

Smash Apprentice
I am traveling for work so I may not be able to catch it or be on here but I wish you luck. I just hope we don't get a dumb character. I will take Geno, Doomguy, Master Chief, Sora, Crash Bandicoot.

KOS-MOS doesn't excite me though. Some obscure PS1 character that was in 1-2 games is not a great Smash pick. We need legends. No more Jokers/Terrys.
Yoooo... Don't do my boy Terry dirty. He is from a past era of fighting games where multiple fighters per round didn't exist.
Like it or not, he deserved the spot for the company's history.
And who else than SNK's poster boy?

D

Deleted member

Wishing you guys luck for the VGAs.

Even if we don't get Doomguy for FP5, I have a feeling a Bethesda rep is coming in one way or another.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

I have been thinking about Doom Slayer's splash screen. I know that the most popular one involves rip and tear, such as "Doom Slayer Rips and Tears Through!" Though I have thought of an even better one for him, "Doom Slayer Goes for Glory!"

Wishing you guys luck for the VGAs.

Even if we don't get Doomguy for FP5, I have a feeling a Bethesda rep is coming in one way or another.
I would love to see him be FP5, but I am extremely doubtful. I would love to see him regardless, especially after the leaks shot him down.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
I have been thinking about Doom Slayer's splash screen. I know that the most popular one involves rip and tear, such as "Doom Slayer Rips and Tears Through!" Though I have thought of an even better one for him, "Doom Slayer Goes for Glory!"
Damn. Your “Goes for Glory” sounds a whole lot better than my “Hurts ‘em Plenty”. Nice one!

Holphino

Smash Apprentice
Damn. Your “Goes for Glory” sounds a whole lot better than my “Hurts ‘em Plenty”. Nice one!
Either one of these would be perfect imo. I'm just thankful that we'll most likely get to know who fighter 5 is today, this **** has been driving me up the wall! If there's no reveal today, then I guess the joke's on me.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Here's to hoping Doom Slayer is FP5 tonight. If not not all hope is lost for all of us as he still a chance post-pass!

Mastadoom88

Smash Apprentice
Hey I'm a Geno thread mainstay but my second most wanted character is Doom Slayer. I'm keeping hopeful. Best of luck friends.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Just sharing some news from the Geno thread, something just happened that may indirectly help the Cacomallow leak.
Okay, I did get permission and this will blow your minds. I actually talked to the guy who talked to the Mii costume leaker who talked to him who talked to Papagenos. Got it memorized? Okay, so I talked to this guy and he showed me the original messages he got for both Mallow/Smithy and the Banjo costumes and all the SNK stuff. As a recap, it was said that Terry's costumes would be: Geese Howard, Haomaru, Nakoruru, "Classic SNK costumes", and Kyo. The problem with this is that, reading the original message, the guy never said that these were costumes. "Costumes" was actually a typo and simply meant characters. Why's that important? It wasn't a costume leak... It was a spirit board leak! The person who read this misinterpreted the original message, meaning the leaker wasn't wrong, he was right because he forgot to specify in his message what the list actually was. It was Terry's spirit board, which he got 100%!
Again, it's for a different Mii costume leak, but it still has Mallow stuff in it.

I hope good things for both Geno and Doom Slayer. The two are some of my most wanted after all. Hope TGA goes well.

Last edited:

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
Hopefully we do get an announcement at the VGA.

It's been crazy for the last year or so with the FP that rumors went everywhere. Crossing my fingers so that Doom Slayer it's actually part of it, and if not, as an extra character for the Post Pass.

We're so close in knowing as every day passes and maybe today COULD be the day, but we'll never know until it happens so, here's wishing.

Crossing my fingers for the best and expecting any possibility tonight.

LET'S WAIT AND SEE my dudes, and keep RIP'N & TEARING either way~!

:bowser:.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Well hearing kos-mos might be it all because of a copyright thing going on YouTube that’s just a mod of her

But no matter what happens we should be happy for whoever gets in

And if it’s master chief it’s not gonna hurt are chances as much as people think

Here’s hoping doomslayer was indeed pack 5 and verge and sabi can finally crawl in a corner of failure

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I don’t think this is real. Everything seems to be pointing to KOS-MOS, and there’s also the matter of whether or not this Vengar guy is legit about Doom Slayer being the first post-Pass character.
What was that leak again

But kos-mos so far looks like the safe bet

But there’s one win of its kos-mos verge and sabi start to melt because those witches got splashed with water because kos-mos is from bandi namco which is on both of their lists

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
What was that leak again

But kos-mos so far looks like the safe bet

But there’s one win of its kos-mos verge and sabi start to melt because those witches got splashed with water because kos-mos is from bandi namco which is on both of their lists
I also called Hero and Banjo many months in advance but people didn't believe me then. But thats ok, Doom Slayer will shut them up once and for all when he becomes 6th.
Pulled from the KOS-MOS thread. He was apparently from GameFAQs, he made an account this morning, and said that KOS-MOS is the final character in the Pass. He also said that he and PapaGenos are friends and that they talk regularly.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Pulled from the KOS-MOS thread. He was apparently from GameFAQs, he made an account this morning, and said that KOS-MOS is the final character in the Pass. He also said that he and PapaGenos are friends and that they talk regularly.
Cool

Actual the shut them up part kos-mos will do it for doomslayer

Like I mention Kosmos is from bandi namco which is on both of their lists

Mastadoom88

Smash Apprentice
Actually I didn't think about Doomguy being the first fighter post pass. I'm in the same boat as EarlTamm on the Dovakhiin thing.

Though if KOS MOS would bode well for both him and Geno, then I suppose that could be a scenario I'm rooting for. Hopefully we'll know the truth tonight. I'm also hoping something is a blow to Sabi and Verge. Their heads are getting way too big.

Grumbo

Smash Ace
Whatever happens tonight, its been an honor serving with you all
B2752BED-3662-4FBF-8554-3AD5BDAEA377.jpeg

The Cacomallow leak brought us Geno and Doombros together, and personally it brought his potential to my attention. I used to not be huge on him in Smash but what do you know, he’s made his way to my top 6. Tonight we’ll march to the gates of hell, and face judgement from the Dorito Pope himself

Senator Phillips

Smash Cadet
Here's hoping we get a nice surprise tonight, but if not, it's not over 'til the Mancubus sings. (and man, do I not want to ever hear that)

Grumbo

Smash Ace
If Dovakhin is #5, theres always chance they’ll scrap the mii to make Doomguy in wave 2 or 3. I hope so at least. If they did it with Geno they could do it again

KingDoop

Smash Cadet
So there's an eshop sale in honor of the VGA starting today. It's a small list yet three bethesda titles are a part of it (Doom, wolfenstein. and skyrim). Hmmmmmmmmm

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Honestly, I want Dovahkiin in Smash. Just not before we get Doom Slayer.

Yes, Skyrim is popular, both meme-wise and when it comes to the game industry, but ultimately it's Doom that has a better legacy. This is like when people were fretting over whether Steve from Minecraft or Banjo & Kazooie would make it into Smash first. Ultimately, they chose what the fans want, and that's B&K. Knowing that, they would want to put Doom Slayer in Smash first. The demand for him is arguably miles above Dovahkiin's and there are more Doom games then there are Elder Scrolls games on Switch. Just saying.

Last edited:

Mastadoom88

Smash Apprentice
Honestly, I want Dovahkiin in Smash. Just not before we get Doom Slayer.

Yes, Skyrim is popular, both meme-wise and when it comes to the game industry, but ultimately it's Doom that has a better legacy. This is like when people were fretting over whether Steve from Minecraft or Banjo & Kazooie would make it into Smash first. Ultimately, they chose what the fans want, and that's B&K. Knowing that, they would want to put Doom Slayer in Smash first. The demand for him is arguably miles above Dovahkiin's and there are more Doom games then there are Elder Scrolls games on Switch. Just saying.
How you feel about Dovakhiin is the same way I feel about Sora in regards to Geno. And of course, I feel the same way about Dovakhiin.

Top Bottom