• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

At Smash's Gate - The Doom Marine/Doomguy/Doom Slayer Thread

TheFVguy

Smash Apprentice
My salute to you boys.
I doubt Doomguy will make it this season, but there's always the next one.
It's been honor serving with you lads, onto a new journey.

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
Welp. It was a thing that happened. Eternal was shown off so there's that.

Time to wait again, I guess.

Oh, BTW, "leakers" got BTFO.

:bowser:.

PublicServant

Smash Journeyman
Well, if what everyone is saying is correct, FP5 doesn't have to be of a "TGA Standard" (i.e. highly presentable for a western audience)

Essentially validating KosmoC**t and the other obscure ***-reps
Oh, BTW, "leakers" got BTFO.
In what manner? All I can see is Sabi grasping at straws and acting all pretentious - oh wait.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Well, if what everyone is saying is correct, FP5 doesn't have to be of a "TGA Standard" (i.e. highly presentable for a western audience)

Essentially validating KosmoC**t and the other obscure ***-reps

In what manner? All I can see is Sabi grasping at straws and acting all pretentious - oh wait.
Speaking of which did sabi or Vergeben say thencharacter reveal would be at vga?

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
This isn't bad. Were back in the wild west now, anything is possible. Now we wait. My only problem is that very few of those games appealed to me. And ending on Fast and Furious was a wet fart no matter how you cut it. If anything, the graphics on that Xbox Two game look amazing.
Edit: Nvmd.

Geassguy

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I knew that was a load of ****. :estatic:
lol it's an old tweet, false alarm.

This isn't bad. Were back in the wild west now, anything is possible. Now we wait. My only problem is that very few of those games appealed to me. And ending on Fast and Furious was a wet fart no matter how you cut it. If anything, the graphics on that Xbox Two game look amazing.

Yeah jumped the gun. Cut me some slack I'm multitasking this **** and a DnD sesh lol

Last edited:

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Well ya know what they say, he who does not die lives to slay another day.

And again, I guess this is what people get for making everything about Smash and/or allowing themselves to get baited by Joker's reveal. At least it's amusing to see the leakers backpedaling in style.

PatPrime

Smash Journeyman
lol it's an old tweet, false alarm.

Yeah jumped the gun. Cut me some slack I'm multitasking this **** and a DnD sesh lol
My best bet is a January Direct will be the time for FP5...unless it will get announced in December.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Doom Bros! Twas a sleep induced awards. Though hopefully, with the pattern of Nindies having a Direct shortly after, Fighter 5 could be coming soon. Otherwise...January...oh well.

Still rooting for Doom Slayer getting in.

D

Deleted member

Yeah, don't give up hope. At least we don't have to worry about appealing to the VGAs crowd any more.

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
Yeah, the leakers are backpedaling so badly now.

BTW, there's so many guests and members here. Nice.

:bowser:.

Last edited:

Holphino

Smash Apprentice
Well it seems like the joke was on all of us. Not just us Doomguy supporters either, literally all of us Smaah fans took an L tonight.

PatPrime

Smash Journeyman
That whole Cacomallow thing hasn't been fully disproven and I don't know if I should believe most of these disconfirmations anymore. Still gonna expect the worst but I have high hopes for Doomboy to come sooner rather than later or not at all. Geno would heavily benefit from this too if those hats are in fact real.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Well it seems like the joke was on all of us. Not just us Doomguy supporters either, literally all of us Smaah fans took an L tonight.
Yeah we sure as hell did.

One thing I was worried about was somehow, Dovahkiin was going to be shown as Fighter 5. Thankfully that did not happen, but I was scared when he was shown for the Online Scrolls game.

Last edited:

Xevious 1

Smash Ace
NNID
Xevious969409
3DS FC
1118-2448-4692
I find it odd they didn't show off a new character after they did last year. Especially since last year we had 3 characters revealed in November, then Joker (who wouldn't come out till 5 months later ) at the VGA's in December. This year, our last character reveal was in September and we didn't get one at the VGA's. Maybe Sakurai just wanted to embarress leakers who were so sure that we would get a reveal at the VGA's

super88cloud

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
Sw-1747-1648-3976
Well, If doomguy ever gets in even without geno entailed. I would love e1m1 and BFG to be in Smash

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
The best response to these godforsaken leakers:
There was a problem fetching the tweet
That or this one, though I guess they’re saying the same thing, just in different words.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

volbound1700

Smash Master
This doesn't bode well for a Western character or character we want. I see another obscure Japanese character coming.

Davidius

Smash Journeyman
This doesn't bode well for a Western character or character we want. I see another obscure Japanese character coming.
I agree, if fighter 5 was a Western character they probably would have revealed something here. The thing I'm more confused about is why the character reveal has been put off for so long. I think a lot of us assumed they skipped the reveal during Terry's showcase because of TGAs but I guess they just don't want to reveal outside a Direct. We will be waiting a while to hear about any post-pass content.

D

Deleted member

Of course leakers are acting smug. God, the community would be so much better off without them at this point. They've done more harm than good.
I wholeheartedly agree.
These past two months have been dreadful and a giant cesspool of toxicity. With all of these disconfirmations from the leakers, I don't have much to look forward to or speculate on for Fighter 5 assuming they are right. If the leaks started at the beginning of December it wouldn't be as bad, but I have been starving for information because of these leaks.

The thing I hate the most about these leaks (again, assuming they are right) is how many non-answers we are getting. We are getting so many disconfirmations and we are not one step closer into figuring out who Fighter 5 is. I just want an answer... just give us that.

Man that awards show was bad just felt like a giant ad
I don't like the VGAs for this reason among others, namely for how pointless and biased they are (FE3H gets little nominations despite the strong reception while a game like Death Stranding gets so many of them? Why?) and I really don't like the Doritos Pope. I think the world would be better off without VGA. LOL

PublicServant

Smash Journeyman
A little bit of a side note regarding the Doom Eternal VGA trailer:

Seems that the fandom is butting heads over the Slayer's newly-tinted visor. What are your thoughts on the whole debacle?

I personally liked how we were given the face of the Slayer; Id did a good job recreating the old HUD face and you can really see the subtle emotions of what was previously a mindless killing machine. An option to toggle the visor's opacity I feel would be a good compromise, however.

Davidius

Smash Journeyman

Seems that the fandom is butting heads over the Slayer's newly-tinted visor. What are your thoughts on the whole debacle?

I personally liked how we were given the face of the Slayer; Id did a good job recreating the old HUD face and you can really see the subtle emotions of what was previously a mindless killing machine. An option to toggle the visor's opacity I feel would be a good compromise, however.
I don't like the intentional obscuring of his face because it reminds me too much of Master Chief. Doomguy always had an expressive face from the beginning so I prefer to let it be seen especially if this really is the classic Doomguy after all.

Grumbo

Smash Ace

Yeah I’m fine with this. I’m not sure if this would impact normal gameplay though

PatPrime

Smash Journeyman
I'm really curious to see how the Switch version will look and play considering it's releasing after the other versions.

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
I'm really curious to see how the Switch version will look and play considering it's releasing after the other versions.
I imagine itll be like Doom 2016 where its decent enough but still not as good as other versions. Im glad the team is at least dedicated enough to bring it to switch, nintendo can always use more m games in its catalog

Top Bottom