• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Asylum Mafia - zomggggg who won zomggggg

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
imo the detective should never be revealed

nutcases and paranoids know who he is

things he say town can trust

mafia in the other hand wants to know who is detective and paranoids asap

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
what i'm trying to say is only killers want to know power roles asap

since it affects them more than town

Purple

Hi guys!
looking at the deadlines this is a fast-paced game. keep that in mind people.

Frown, why is mafia not allowed to privately communicate during the day phase? that is a quite uncommon rule.
This is a comment about something Killer related. While it's understandable to read the entire ruleset, considering that is what is supposed to be done by everyone, why would it be a problem to town, whether killers can talk during the day or not? While I agree it's an uncommon rule, no one else brought this up, not even me. FMPOV i'm town.

So...

last part would apply to about every single mafia game though.

<mindgames>
oh well, that means less spam in my inbox
</mindgames>
While this comes off as a joke, it is another comment about killers.

Why would you want to joke about something that makes you seem scummy, whether RVS or not?

FoS: everyone except rPSI

@mod: just call me V
(the whole part you put behind it doesn't make it shorter either)
Just curious, why everyone except Rpsi? Is it because he's the only one who didn't post?

lol, Ryker did that in SSBMafia.
i don't remember why this stuck out, so i'm going to ignore it.

this would be the opposite of ignorance as I actually thought about the question instead of blatantly saying "yes".

you want my answer that bad? it's yes. YES I KNOW WHO THE DETECTIVE IS.

there. happy?

and Smoth ninja'd me on the rPSI post
Note, V was playing a roleplaying role (he talks in third person). During this dialogue, he got out of that roleplaying entirely and seemed aggrivated instead. The next post after I was ****-blocked by gustave, he goes back into roleplay mode.

We need more pressure on Vi imo.

Purple

Hi guys!
You see, the problem is trusting the detective too much, if we go end all be all for what he says, it quietly shows who's the detective. Can we agree on this much?

by the way rei, the post above is my PBP on v

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
Frown, can you make the deadlines clearer? Like post them in the votecounts and top of OP or something. Cause for real, I can't find the deadline for the life of me ._.

D

Deleted member

you just got majorly mindgamed by those first 3 posts. it was about time someone picked on the rPSI thing though. way to pay attention people.

V picked him at random, this was V's way of a random vote (you can't vote everyone except one person)

v made a mistake there and slipped out of his role, hell even in this post V had to correct himself in talking in 3rd person twice.

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
I agree that the ****-blocking wasn't very good for what you were trying to do, but it's nice to see he felt comfortable enough to continue his roleplaying after the pressure stopped.

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
You see, the problem is trusting the detective too much, if we go end all be all for what he says, it quietly shows who's the detective. Can we agree on this much?

by the way rei, the post above is my PBP on v
yeah that could give him/her away

but also we have minds of our own

and should use his knowledge as a base

not really follow his words like if its set in stone

this would help town to make their individual decision

they shouldn't flock to him obv

Purple

Hi guys!
you just got majorly mindgamed by those first 3 posts. it was about time someone picked on the rPSI thing though. way to pay attention people.

V picked him at random, this was V's way of a random vote (you can't vote everyone except one person)

v made a mistake there and slipped out of his role, hell even in this post V had to correct himself in talking in 3rd person twice.
Does people not catching your rpsi post look scummier to you?

D

Deleted member

Does people not catching your rpsi post look scummier to you?
It would be a problem to call everyone except you scummy since there aren't that many mafia members, but it does annoy V to know that people skimmed RVS.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
@DZLE - I can't quite say, at best I'm getting town reads. I'd rather not let Mafia know who I think is town BTW.
The best scum lead though is Lythium, she really didn't act townie when responding.

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
@DZLE - I can't quite say, at best I'm getting town reads. I'd rather not let Mafia know who I think is town BTW.
I really hate when people use this as an excuse.
To me it seems as if you have no ****ing clue on what to say, so instead you use this to make it seem like you have something, while in reality, you probably don't.
We're never gonna get a good lynch if you don't express your thoughts.

D

Deleted member

I really hate when people use this as an excuse.
To me it seems as if you have no ****ing clue on what to say, so instead you use this to make it seem like you have something, while in reality, you probably don't.
We're never gonna get a good lynch if you don't express your thoughts.
TL;DR
you didn't like his reaction. hypocrite much?

People, hypocop yes/no?

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
Also, Vrael and Duhg bother me a lot. You can definitly have made more than 4 or 6 posts by now.

Here's a summary of Vrael's staggering 4 posts.

He confirmed.
He said he skimmed, added nothing whatsoever.
Outs suspicion towards Rei for making too many conclusions based on nothing.
Tells people we need to generate as much as discussion today as we can.
Then he leaves himself at a striking 4 posts. What a hypocrit.

Summary of Duhg;
He confirmed.
He explained what TPK stood for.
Makes a post explaining the obvious; Random voting generally results in voting a townie.
Makes a post saying "hey I did the same!"
Then tells us to first trust everyone is a townie and then pick up on suspicions. A nice view, but what if scum leaves no suspicious?
Same thing as Vrael, "baww I suck at Day 1". There has been plenty of discussion, there must be something you can add.

I wish I had 2 votes.
Unvote
Vote: Vrael
FoS about as heavy as a vote: Ohaiduhg

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
Hypocop seems very legit to me, because town will know who is the detective, scum does not. They know who's guilty from what the cop says.

D

Deleted member

Yes, but have to be carefull.
not like "oh hey let's look at the hypocop results", nope that guy is innocent.
otherwise we'll only end up with a cleared townie or something.

I'd say it's best not to pay too much attention to the hypocop results until the cop is actually outed, or he has a guilty result

ohaiduhg

Smash Lord
ok wellllll

Detective is like THE role that determines the outcome of this game. Outting him after getting just one of the killers is anti-town, especially if the killer he outs isn't even the attentive killer.

That's kind of all I have to say? ask me questions.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
Also, Vrael and Duhg bother me a lot. You can definitly have made more than 4 or 6 posts by now.

Here's a summary of Vrael's staggering 4 posts.

He confirmed.
He said he skimmed, added nothing whatsoever.
Outs suspicion towards Rei for making too many conclusions based on nothing.
Tells people we need to generate as much as discussion today as we can.
Then he leaves himself at a striking 4 posts. What a hypocrite
The fact that you're bringing this up seems scummy to me. I'm not trying to OMGUS you, but if you haven't noticed, it's not like I'm avoiding the game. I haven't been on SWF at all since this morning (when there was no one else on to talk to) and during cooking class (I was on for 3 minutes on my phone and just skimmed real quick). You bringing up my activity makes it seem like you have nothing to actually go off of. I tend to be as active as possible when playing Mafia.

I have things to do. After school today, I had to work and then I ate dinner and just finished my homework. Once the weekend rolls around, I'll be more active. This has been a busy week for me.

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
I can't bring me to read your post without responding to your first line first.
It's SCUMMY to bring up someone who has 4 posts? If you really want to cripple the game by joining in, knowing you're gonna be way more busy than the rest, you can also reason that you don't feel like reading everything. Seriously, what use are you in this game then.
If we DIDN'T bring up inactives, scum would have an amazingly easy ride + we would get stuck with idiots in lategame. Call me an *******, but we don't want to cripple ourselves with fairly inactive players.
I'm not really vulnerable for the "OH BUT I TRY TO BE AS ACTIVE AS POSSIBLE"-card. I think it's not good enough.

And wow, even Smoth didn't know who you were in this game Vrael.

Frown

poekmon
I have decided to make a slight chance in the rules. I said that killers couldn't talk to each other during the Day because of the plot, where all inmates are stuck inside one room where everyone would hear everyone.

But as a matter of fact, there is no way for me to tell whether the killers have been talking to each other or not, so instead of risking cheating behind my back, I am going to change the rules:

Killers are now allowed to talk during the Day phase.

Frown

poekmon
ohaiduhg — 0
DZLE-Falz — 0
Gustave — 0
V — 0
rPSI — 0
Vrael — 1 (Gustave)
Lythium — 2 (HeatStroke, Shadow Moth)
Shadow Moth — 1 (rPSI)
HeatStroke — 0
-Rei- — 1 (V)​

D

Deleted member

@Guus: Vrael = V?
*out of role*
I am V
*into role*

Ehm no ohhaiduhg, he's not. his sole purpose is finding scum, and if he gets one it is worth it to out him. after all he still is a townie and -1 townie and -1 scum is improving ratios for town.
by the point he has outed he might also have found one or more townie which also gives us a couple cleared people.
this game isn't that big so, one or more cleared + 1 scum is totally worth it.

ohaiduhg

Smash Lord
after all he still is a townie and -1 townie and -1 scum is improving ratios for town.
Yes, but killers have the opportunity to kill every night. We get one killer outed, but at the cost of how many townies+detective? You say -1 townie and -1 killer like detective is gonna catch a killer on the first night and then you assume detective won't be immediately NK'd after.

So, you consider losing our only way to find killers coming to an advantage? Not to mention NKs before detective finds a killer, and then if attentive killer is still alive they can make safe NKs.

vote: V

D

Deleted member

V didn't assume such things at all.

WHEN the detective finds a scum, he either outs or we just use the hypocop to vote off a scum. -1 scum
then in the night scum gets the nightkill and we lose a townie (probably the detective) -1 town
result -1 scum,-1 town.

and WHAHAHA, or only way to find sucm? please man.
and they can't make safe nightkills until the find a nutcase, and then kill that one the night after that, in which period he might even get lynched.

your post contains so much untrue stuff.
chew on this
Unvote, Vote: Ohaiduhg

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
P.S. Nice OMGUS there V, voting because he voted on you, because I don't see your reason to vote. Especially after saying "chew on this".
Just saying, ololol.

D

Deleted member

V thinks ohaiduhg doesn't want to die because the detective investigated him. And since when is voting for someone who tries to bring flawed logic into the game bad?

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
You know, there hasn't been a night yet, so he couldn't have investigated lol. Also, point out the terrible flaw that warrants a vote. Who knows, it might convince me to vote for him....

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Vrael: POST MORE.

DZLE, Heat: I'm curious to know who's looking scummy to you. Thoughts?

Yes, but killers have the opportunity to kill every night. We get one killer outed, but at the cost of how many townies+detective? You say -1 townie and -1 killer like detective is gonna catch a killer on the first night and then you assume detective won't be immediately NK'd after.

So, you consider losing our only way to find killers coming to an advantage? Not to mention NKs before detective finds a killer, and then if attentive killer is still alive they can make safe NKs.

vote: V
duhg, I don't necessarily think that V is saying that the detective is going to find scum on the first night. Even if the detective ends up investigating a townie, it's still a townie. No one in their right mind would vote for said townie, because a) there's no reason for a townie to, and b) obvious scum is obvious. Rather, if the detective finds scum, there's no reason for town not to trust the detective either, since we all know who he is.

Also, even if our detective is killed, we've still got paranoids, which leaves the odds in our favour. There's only three killers, and only one of them can sniff out the paranoids. Scum can't make a safe kill until they know who's who.

I don't necessarily think you're wrong in your assertions, but remember to think about the game in its entirety. ;)

V: Stop roleplaying. :mad: Also...

V thinks ohaiduhg doesn't want to die because the detective investigated him.
Could you explain what you meant by this?

I'm pretty sure Gustave already called you on this, but this is utter bull****. Mafia knows who's town, so why would they need to know who you think is town? Seriously. That doesn't even make any sort of sense at all.

FoS: rPSI

Okay, that was shorter than I thought. Also, would someone be kind enough to explain the term "hypocop?"

Top Bottom