• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Asylum Mafia - zomggggg who won zomggggg

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
If you already know his answer, which is yes, why do you bother asking? Is the question that follows "who is the detective?"
This was directed at Heat, and I want to know if this is what your intention is.

V would answer yes to your question, obv :012:, then what?

D

Deleted member

V, what you're showing is ignorance to a question, this is twice you've done this to me..

This is a serious question, just because the answer is there clearly in your face, are you willing to answer it? I mean, this question is too easy.
this would be the opposite of ignorance as I actually thought about the question instead of blatantly saying "yes".

you want my answer that bad? it's yes. YES I KNOW WHO THE DETECTIVE IS.

there. happy?

and Smoth ninja'd me on the rPSI post

Purple

Hi guys!

this group is a bunch of idiots

The problem here, is you shouldn't intrude into one's direct dialogue with another. Any form of pressure or conversation between two people can be used for evidence.

Think of a boy and a girl, pressured by the heat of passion and alone in their room for two. The walls pull closer, and their body warmth twists and entangles among themselves as the moment of impact comes close...

But wait.

Another person joins the room, without any idea of what was going on initially, and the emotional magic that was in-store is now disrupted.

This is called a ****-block in the outside world, however this applies to everything.

Please do not interfere with someone's questioning. You are giving the person being pressured a way of getting out of conversation, and a way of keeping their cool.

The point of me asking these questions, wasn't for the answers themselves, but to see how he was thinking. To see if he's willing to think on his own.

Purple

Hi guys!
Also, incase you're wondering gustave, yes that was what i was going to ask next.

However what does this matter to you? These questions were clearly for V.

D

Deleted member

and then V had a thought
So I passed or what because I will think about what a question to me implies, especially if it is such a super dumb question.

on the other had, I failed seeing your intention of wanting to know how I would respond

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]

>Purposely implying that you're not paranoid.
>Attempting to draw attention away from that fact that you may indeed be paranoid.
Alright, so let's take for example that I am a paranoid (which I'm obv not), do I want Mafia to know I'm paranoid? No
Does it help town any? No
So why, if anyone were paranoid, would they say that they are paranoid.

Unvote; Vote: Smoth

Why you trying to flush out paranoid's anyway? You should consider them townies.

Purple

Hi guys!
Mafia is a game of deception after all. Should we really expect that everything should be straight forward?

You don't need to know if you passed or failed....yet

he passed
he failed
what do you mean he failed?!
you'll see
eh, i think he did fine

Gustave, you seem to have skimmed a post by me. I asked you a question, it wasn't to be considered rhetorical.

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
Yea, I did skim that post, it was so short it contained only one piece of information.
It matters because I wanted to know if I was on the same page on you or if you were going to into a whole different direction. I hoped you didn't go this direction yet :urg:

D

Deleted member

rPSI you implied you were NOT paranoid, because only a paranoid would know he actually knew the identety of the Detective. by you implying you're not, scum might have gone after you, while you were a paranoid.

Purple

Hi guys!
Yea, I did skim that post, it was so short it contained only one piece of information.
It matters because I wanted to know if I was on the same page on you or if you were going to into a whole different direction. I hoped you didn't go this direction yet :urg:

So it's important to you because you wanted to be on the same page with me?

Are you saying that you had an idea that I would've had an indirect motive?

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
So it's important to you because you wanted to be on the same page with me?

Are you saying that you had an idea that I would've had an indirect motive?
No, I was just wondering if I predicted your direction right. Which is why I want to know if we were on the same page.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
WIFOM for scum is good.

But when it comes to who is paranoid, basically everyone is on the same level, even if they WIFOM'd b/c scum doesn't know what end of the WIFOM whoever it is on.
I could easily roleclaim as paranoid and it changes nothing about whether or not mafia knows if I'm paranoid or not.

Shadow Moth

Up in the clouds
Alright, so let's take for example that I am a paranoid (which I'm obv not), do I want Mafia to know I'm paranoid? No
Does it help town any? No
So why, if anyone were paranoid, would they say that they are paranoid.

Why you trying to flush out paranoid's anyway? You should consider them townies.

They are all townies. But if I know who the paranoids are are know a little of who the killers aren't.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
That's horrible logic. You're not really taking this seriously.

Purple

Hi guys!
This setup, is quite interesting..

You have no need to know who the paranoids are, infact, keeping the paranoids out of the radar, is best for town.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
This setup, is quite interesting..

You have no need to know who the paranoids are, infact, keeping the paranoids out of the radar, is best for town.
Thiiiiiis post.

Yeah, this is my logic basis for my previous posts.
I sometimes have trouble conveying some of my logic, so I'll usually quote people who share similar logic BTW.

But also WIFOM'ing the Mafia can sometimes secure yourself as not getting NK'd. But the more people use it, the more likely someone is town. It's such a fun WIFOM, and it doesn't hurt town :D

D

Deleted member

V agrees with rPSI that Mafia can best waste their time trying to trawl trough all this WIFOM on who is paranoid, but for now let's steer the discussion n a more productive direction.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
No, it's just that people called me out on it so I responded with my logic.

I never meant for it to be public.

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
Thanks, Moth.

You shouldn't try to hide WIFOM in your posts for whatever reasons there are (reveiling them late-game :S?), because other people WILL notice it.

Purple

Hi guys!
To die from RVS is laughable Rei. Even you can agree to this, it's putting our win in the hands of luck. I have every reason to defend someone from dying that way in the future.

My cold comment was actually to comment on her being gone from conversation. It has nothing to do with my real feelings.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Crikey, you kids can post a lot in a couple hours. :mad:

Lythium is gone..

i feel cold..
:I

*steps back into role*
Neeeds moar Lythium
Unvote; Vote: Lythium
Waht do you take on teh roleplay
*twitches*
Oh hai. Um, I think RPing is kinda lame, but if whatever makes you happy. If you want to RP, do it. If you don't, don't.

Lythium: long walls or short cryptic notes?
Both are good for different reasons.

And with that, my break is over. I'll read through the rest of the thread in more detail and make a post about it when I get home from work.

Top Bottom