• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask NickRiddle how to be amazing.

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
What are your bread and butter strings? Like we all know in theory how ZSS can build damage but what do you personally find yourself using a lot, and in what situations are you starting those strings?

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
What are your bread and butter strings? Like we all know in theory how ZSS can build damage but what do you personally find yourself using a lot, and in what situations are you starting those strings?
D-smashx2(obviously) > DA > d-tilt > uair.
Change d-tilt to u-tilt.
Bair > grab (low % this strings it seems) > d-throw/f-throw > followup.
Uair (hit them above a platform) > falling up-b (to hit, or force the air-dodge) > uair.
Though, most of the time I just wing it.

Why don't you like Panty and Stocking music?

Respect--;
I didn't pay attention to it.
So, meh.
Fry away now. Fry away now. FRY AWAY~

False

Smash Lord
NNID
Falsified
nik ridle lisen

i pick up zss to try to beat friend because hes rly good he dodges all moves and counterattacks!!!

i do ful charge whip attack and no kill??? he alwys wins but sometimes i win because sometimes i m good

tips

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
nik ridle lisen

i pick up zss to try to beat friend because hes rly good he dodges all moves and counterattacks!!!

i do ful charge whip attack and no kill??? he alwys wins but sometimes i win because sometimes i m good

tips
Tip 1: Type in a way that I can understand.
Tip 2: Forward-smash sucks for killing. Forward-special is a much better attack.
Tip 3: Give somebody more information when asking questions.

BlueBomberXTJ

Smash Cadet
Some1 told me on some characters when they get to 100% they can be triple dsmashed. Idk what your talking about tho just sayin. Spaming buffer dsmash only works on like starfox characters.

Roxer

Smash Rookie
hey where is Nick? damn falco, sadly to beat him I have to use luigi or snake.. I do know how to use pikachu :( but I'm still having problems against a snake, with ZSS, I saw the vid of nick vs ally's snake, pretty cool.

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
Edit- Actually nvm, AC = auto cancelled and what does LC = ?

I think the frame data for her d tilt (shield drop advantage) maybe wrong as well, help?
AC is like what you do with Ganon's dair, the aerial lands as you're landing normally. Land cancel is like what you do with marth's SHFF fair, it stops the animation by landing

What do you actually think dtilt's advantage is? We have one smash researcher saying its -15 on shield and another saying -19

_Kadaj_

Smash Hero
Throw that P***y at me? B***h I think Im Babe Ruth
Thanks.

btw as a very strong pressure string why don't Zss's FF bair (or when dropping through a platform) to a dash then pivot into a d smash (If I'm guessing correctly it should hit a shield at max range)?

I don't play Zss tbh but judging from her frame data she is probably the safest character in the game, you guys should take advantage of it and create various pressure strings with your frame data.

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
Thanks.

btw as a very strong pressure string why don't Zss's FF bair (or when dropping through a platform) to a dash then pivot into a d smash (If I'm guessing correctly it should hit a shield at max range)?

I don't play Zss tbh but judging from her frame data she is probably the safest character in the game, you guys should take advantage of it and create various pressure strings with your frame data.
I think that would actually be very solid if you're attacking an opponent at the ledge. This is why I created that thread, because there are mixups out there to be used and abused.

But we're definitely not the safest character in the game. Things that make her not so safe:

While her aerials are safe, the time it takes to SHFF aerial is a long. It can be punished the same way people punish Falcos for SHDLasering predictably

Jab can be powershielded on hit by around 1/2 the cast, and that's mostly against characters that wreck us up close

Getting around shields is essential in this metagame, ZSS's grab is horrible on whiff, meaning we can't just throw out pivot grabs for spacing and such

Side b and nB are punishable on powershield and slow on startup

Utilt is one of our best OOS options but will get you horribly ***** if baited

Terrible back roll
etc

_Kadaj_

Smash Hero
Throw that P***y at me? B***h I think Im Babe Ruth
While this is true you have stages to aid in these things (mainly setting up FF aerials via platforms) and can't you use your items as sort of a fail-safe (to lock opponents up so to speak to keep them from attacking) doing so to make even better use of her pressure strings.

There is only 3 characters that have an OOS option to punish the -2 to -3 shield drop frame advantage moves, frame wise (falco, Zss, Squirtle those 3 all having the only option to Jab OoS) It hasn't even been tested to see if the punish would connect at max range. Two more characters if you include a standing up b from Marth or MK, but they can't be performed as a punish OoS for those moves unless the Zss did something stupid with the frame advantage that she had

Also I was only referring to her unpunishable moves on 97% of the cast on block.

I understand what you mean with the SHFF thing though, I main Marth lmao granted your aerials don't have that kinda range they are still pretty comparable. But yeah see my part on using the armor pieces and platforms for set-up opportunities.

What about doing a pivot down smash out of a single dash animation (or fox trot if you will) to hit at max range for ending/continuing pressure strings I posted about earlier?

Sorry if I'm asking a lot of stuff, I'm just very curious to the nature of her actual potential. And frame advantage wise minus the time it takes to set up she IS the safest character lol

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Thanks.

btw as a very strong pressure string why don't Zss's FF bair (or when dropping through a platform) to a dash then pivot into a d smash (If I'm guessing correctly it should hit a shield at max range)? If I do a FF bair, and it hits a shield, if I try to do a followup it is punishable.

I try to do this, but only her d-smash is safe really.

I think that would actually be very solid if you're attacking an opponent at the ledge. This is why I created that thread, because there are mixups out there to be used and abused.

But we're definitely not the safest character in the game. Things that make her not so safe:

While her aerials are safe, the time it takes to SHFF aerial is a long. It can be punished the same way people punish Falcos for SHDLasering predictably

Jab can be powershielded on hit by around 1/2 the cast, and that's mostly against characters that wreck us up close You're actually over-estimating jab...

Getting around shields is essential in this metagame, ZSS's grab is horrible on whiff, meaning we can't just throw out pivot grabs for spacing and such

Side b and nB are punishable on powershield and slow on startup nB is punishable on normal shield. (uncharged)

Utilt is one of our best OOS options but will get you horribly ***** if baited

Terrible back roll
etc
While this is true you have stages to aid in these things (mainly setting up FF aerials via platforms) and can't you use your items as sort of a fail-safe (to lock opponents up so to speak to keep them from attacking) doing so to make even better use of her pressure strings. We can, until they're gone... which is sad.

There is only 3 characters that have an OOS option to punish the -2 to -3 shield drop frame advantage moves, frame wise (falco, Zss, Squirtle those 3 all having the only option to Jab OoS) It hasn't even been tested to see if the punish would connect at max range. Two more characters if you include a standing up b from Marth or MK, but they can't be performed as a punish OoS for those moves unless the Zss did something stupid with the frame advantage that she had IINM, most character can just do an aerial OOS. Jumping makes it so there's no shield-drop frames, and aerials usually are pretty fast... which is sadface.

Also I was only referring to her unpunishable moves on 97% of the cast on block. Her only unpunishable move is d-smash. Maybe bair on like 50% of the cast. That's it.

I understand what you mean with the SHFF thing though, I main Marth lmao granted your aerials don't have that kinda range they are still pretty comparable. But yeah see my part on using the armor pieces and platforms for set-up opportunities.

What about doing a pivot down smash out of a single dash animation (or fox trot if you will) to hit at max range for ending/continuing pressure strings I posted about earlier?Full-range d-smash is really good. I'm starting to finally get into pivot d-smash, and it *****.

Sorry if I'm asking a lot of stuff, I'm just very curious to the nature of her actual potential. And frame advantage wise minus the time it takes to set up she IS the safest character lol
If only her items lasted forever. ZSS is actually not as SOS (Safe on shield, let's just use that) as you think. It seems like most people drastically underrate aerials OOS... (Which is why I personally think ZSS is **** OOS)

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
It takes 5 frames at minimum to jump OOS, then you add the startup of the aerial. ZSS's jump is 5 frames so our uair is 9 frames OOS which is our fastest. Nick Marth's fair is also 9 frames OOS, which of all aerials is probably the one best suited to punish our bair on shield. Bair is unpunishable if you space well and land cancel correctly.

culexus・wau

Purchased premium only to change name ><
How do you practice zero suit in the hyperbolic time chamber.

grounded for 6 months, gonna have no internet in a week

:(

Top Bottom