• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer Thread

Publix

Smash Apprentice
I've been trying and trying but I can't tech G&Ws Dthrow with G&W. -_-

Whats the timing for it?
Any tips for teching it with G&W?

~NoTrace
lol, i'm only saying this cuz ur another G&W, but consider this: In about half of the tournaments that i go to, listening for beeps and stuff like that is not an option, so you might wanna try and learn how to tech it without the sound or with loud music or something. But ur tournies might not be the same. : )

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
Cincinnati, Ohio ; Land of Happiness and Kindness
NNID
Daylightful
@NoBio, late but it has a certain timing. Play in regular Brawl. Listen to the sound GnW makes when he dthrows. That honestly how most people do it. He makes six sounds. On the sixth sound is usually when you want to try and tech it. You'll get the hang of it if you keep trying! I have the problem, too.

cemo

white walker
i'd say it's the second best one to hit snake with out of his cypher, and is strong enough to kill or setup a kill at good percentages.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Hitting Snake out of Cypher with D-tilt is actually really really good.

This is assuming of course that he doesn't have a jump saved after you do this to him, at which point you are free to molest him with whatever you want offstage. If he's smart however, he might be forced to use C4 recovery to get out of your way.

In fact, landing D-tilt on Snake to get him offstage in general is AMAZING. I think a lot of G&Ws need to remember to use that move against Snake. It's not as good of a poke as his F-tilt, but the potential reward for landing it is HUGE in terms of putting you in control of the match.

cemo

white walker
d-tilt has such a wonderful launch angle, along with up-b and.... judgement 6. if you see him going for a c4 though i thought you usually go for a quick footstool or something like that?

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Mentioning the 6

Edgeguarding with the Chef pan is still sick awesome in this game. I wouldn't do it against Metaknight or Snake, but my point is, it can be really rewarding. If you hit say....Falco with this offstage, he's pretty much dead lol.

cemo

white walker
i wish chef could hit snake out of his cypher.
it's also really good if you can hit diddy, but weak fair is probably better.

DUB

Smash Lord
Thinking about using Green Greens as a legit CP at MLG. Thoughts?

I've got a questions in the form of an scenario about this stage. I think the answer is yes but w/e.

G&W uses Fire! to go up through blocks to an edge. Do each one of the blocks he hits refresh stale moves? Because sometimes there will be like 6 and it seems like you can refresh your entire move set with one Up+B if true.

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
Cincinnati, Ohio ; Land of Happiness and Kindness
NNID
Daylightful
Yeap. Do it.
Unless you are fighting Snake, totally go for it.

I used it at my pre-MLG tournament two weeks before. And people who banned RC I took to GGs. Heck, even if they banned something else it was GGs. And I won each and every match.
I'm pretty sure I remember this correctly and that's not true. Even though you are hitting multiple boxes you are still using the move once. I guess same with doubles. I mean, sometimes I hit all three players with one hit but my moves aren't refreshed three times. So to answer your question no. And again, do GGs. BUT, know the stage. No point doing a stage that may be excellent but you don't know. So practice it tons. Good luck!

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Stale moves is based on individual button inputs. So moves that require you to hit attack buttons in succession can count towards stale moves multiple times.

It gets complicated though since the game for some reason doesn't register stale moves multiple times for say...really fast pummels. You would have to delay fast pummels for the purpose of refreshing moves.

Stale moves is based on individual button inputs. So moves that require you to hit attack buttons in succession can count towards stale moves multiple times.

It gets complicated though since the game for some reason doesn't register stale moves multiple times for say...really fast pummels. You would have to delay fast pummels for the purpose of refreshing moves.
What's the delay? I don't quite remember. Is it something like 6 frames? I know Ness in particular has really fast pummels.

Also I suggest on CPs like green greens and brinstar to use your u-air to refresh your moves on those stage obstacles (blocks and those strange things on brinstar).

Anyone here have any better luck with MK on a stage like Green Greens? I would imagine G&W would have a strong advantage over him on a stage like that

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
It really really depends on the person player G&W and the person player DDD. It varies so much by personal playstyle. I honestly believe G&W should be able to beat DDD (just like he can beat snake). It's because he is in control of the match, not DDD.

Damage Points

Smash Ace
im a wario main but i need a character to go agaisnt D3 and i hate using MK. i have a decent MK but i just hate that little ****er. thats why i was asking about GaW. if he was worth putting some time into to learn agaisnt D3 and counter pick to Green Greens with GaW.

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
ugh...had to summarize it cuz the site killed my bigger post....FUZACT_T

overall G&W vs DDD is pretty even, at most it's slightly in DDD's favor depending on the stage you play.

i wouldn't consider G&W a counter for DDD because you have to know what you're doing lol(like G&W vs snake) otherwise DDD can easily wreck you. Though if you do know what you're doing against DDD,know how to stage control him, and juggle him then i can see this being in G&W's favor...but it takes a bit of practice lol.

in other words,if you want a quicker way,i'd go another character lol

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
If you want to be a ****, Zelda does really well against DDD. Not saying she wins against him, but by design, her tools just happen to work really well against him. And she doesn't get chaingrabbed. In fact she can be pretty hard for DDD to grab safely lol.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
You realize that King DDD can't CG Falco, right? That MU is definitely in Falco's favor.

SSSnake

Smash Journeyman
for DDD, i use donkey kong.... lol.
but in all honesty, use falco. falco is a very good DDD counter imo, as he can cg, shdl, or bdacus him to kill him. falco cg is devisting against DDD, and on battlefield or fd (basically any flat stage without walk-offable edges) he can cg spike for an easy ko. and falco gw is a great lineup, its only countered by mk and marth.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
G&W bad matchups: MK, Diddy, Marth, Snake, ICs (sometimes), Falco

Not sure how much falco helps with all of those. G&W should be able to do well against all of those but MK imo, just takes a lot of thinking to figure out those matchups.

SSSnake

Smash Journeyman
G&W bad matchups: MK, Diddy, Marth, Snake, ICs (sometimes), Falco

Not sure how much falco helps with all of those. G&W should be able to do well against all of those but MK imo, just takes a lot of thinking to figure out those matchups.
well falco is 50:50 snake, 45:55 mk, 45:55 marth, 55:45 diddy, 45:55 ic, M falco.
that covers every1 except for marth, mk, and ics (sometimes). and 45:55 is the best you can get on mk without having the indecsency to use him.

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
Falco doesn't seem worth it to me. Oh cool he fixes all GW's matchups except....The matchups that GW actually has to worry about.

You may as well stick with GW, nobody is really that hard to play for GW except MK and Marth. I mean yeah Diddy and ICs and whoever else but MK and Marth are the ones to be worried about.

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
honestly,
it takes a lot of time/patience/tolerance/experience to get better and not get frustrated about these match ups. You're going to be trying a loooot of times until you get used to it,losing to scrubby players. At least that's how it went for me lol=l. Though once you know what you're doing,the match ups don't seem that bad and are actually very doable.

cemo

white walker
if MK ever gets banned I might pick up DDD for Snake and Marth, until then no secondaries, because well, I don't want to play Metaknight.

Top Bottom