• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer Thread

WhoDaThunk

Smash Rookie
I've been switching mains a lot, but what should I be trying to learn as G&W? Like, when I'm starting to use him at first.
I use ALOT of aerials with G&W. Work on DI with him. Because he's so floaty, you have a lot of control over his movement in air. Chef for spacing. Don't spam down b. Remember, D-throw is your friend. There's a thread dedicated to it so you should check it out. It helped me out a bunch.

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
What's a good strat for getting back on stage from ledgegrab?
Up-b repeatedly until they lose patience. Fishbowl is good for getting people off your nuts. If its an aerail character uair them away and try to sneak on. You can air dodge onto the stage and buffer something. Not as reliable but it works sometimes. There's also just up-bing back on. If it's against marth... just cry and give up

:phone:

LinkinHand

Smash Apprentice
Yes, I am most likely attending that with some other Finns, don't worry, I'll probably be there. Would be pretty cool to meet the other European G&Ws.
so it would be me and i think dueler x
lifes would be awesome but there's another french tourney in france so most of the french guys won't come :(

-LzR-

Smash Hero
We are having slight problems now though. The flights might be so damn expensive we might have to cancel. I don't wanna spend more than 300€ for that trip >____>

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Yeah, I know. One of my friends seconds Marth and uses him every time I go G&W. So can someone tell me what they do to get back on stage vs Marth, God of Walling?
Well if you're on SV, just always wait for the platform, it's your best bet pretty much every time. On every other stage just use a different option every time. I feel like most of the time it doesn't matter; what's smart vs most characters just isn't smart vs marth. Everything is fair game imo. I know that's not much of an answer, but getting off the ledge is indeed that hard.

LinkinHand

Smash Apprentice
We are having slight problems now though. The flights might be so damn expensive we might have to cancel. I don't wanna spend more than 300€ for that trip >____>
i can understand this -.-
kazekun just waited tooo damn long for making this swf thread
that's also the reason why there's another french tourney at that time

WhoDaThunk

Smash Rookie
Well if you're on SV, just always wait for the platform, it's your best bet pretty much every time. On every other stage just use a different option every time. I feel like most of the time it doesn't matter; what's smart vs most characters just isn't smart vs marth. Everything is fair game imo. I know that's not much of an answer, but getting off the ledge is indeed that hard.
Yeah, that's my problem. I always try to ledge hop or parachute over him. Maybe throw out a nair or airdodge and grab if he misses?

-LzR-

Smash Hero
i can understand this -.-
kazekun just waited tooo damn long for making this swf thread
that's also the reason why there's another french tourney at that time
That wasn't the problem, we were planning it weeks before the SWF thread popped up.

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
Better than losing to people who dont use gw. That ditto is ********. I almost quit gw once after I was ****** some guy on wifi then went gw and beat me...

-LzR-

Smash Hero
The same thing also happens on G&W dittos. The only ditto where I can actually beat people is the IC ditto since the character requires you to actually practice stuff.

LinkinHand

Smash Apprentice
i love g&w ditos
i think i can play the mu quite well
i also did ditos with dueler x but he also hatet them
he always used bowser and ganon vs me but i beat them after a few tries
but he refused to use g&w haha

Dexident

Smash Journeyman
Not exactly a simple question, but one that needs to be asked.

I thought I remembered reading somewhere that Chef's pan has some kind of special attribute whether it is super armor or transcendent priority or something like that. I cannot remember where I read that. If it does, there is definitely a very short window for it...

This popped into my head because I panned one of Samus's large missiles and was unaffected.

Does anyone know?

LinkinHand

Smash Apprentice
Not exactly a simple question, but one that needs to be asked.

I thought I remembered reading somewhere that Chef's pan has some kind of special attribute whether it is super armor or transcendent priority or something like that. I cannot remember where I read that. If it does, there is definitely a very short window for it...

This popped into my head because I panned one of Samus's large missiles and was unaffected.

Does anyone know?
you mean you can semi-spike with it?

MEOW1337KITTEH

Smash Lord
NNID
daniel7001
Press down during the initial frames of the animation to slowfall dair

I haven't heard of super armor, but the disjointedness in the frying pan probably dealt with the missile.

Dexident

Smash Journeyman
Yea this is really bugging me. I swear I read somewhere that the initial upswing of chef has super armor or something like that... I might try doing some science today.

Top Bottom