• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer Thread

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
Dair is the key to our potential!

/endterriblepun

Alright, I'm grabbing myself some beer and I'm locking myself in the lab for the evening.

Gentlemen, wish me luck.

:gw:

:denzel:

MEOW1337KITTEH

Smash Lord
NNID
daniel7001
Drink a **** ton of beer, some of the best ideas have come while people were hammered. Some of the worst too, but those don't matter as much.

ZTD | TECHnology

Haha, I love it.

And yeah, I pretty much think that out of hitstun is the only way to perform this. I was hoping it would work somewhat similarly to Airwalking but oh well. It's just tricky to hit with. Lower percents or weaker moves is always the best option though.

And LOL you use Rising Dair the exact same way I do, Tom.

MEOW1337KITTEH

Smash Lord
NNID
daniel7001
If you have access to Dolphin, try to TAS test dair and see if you can dair>cancel into jump>dair, because that's almost what it looked like there.

Damittom

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-5811-9326
to bad I was doing it first :denzel:

To bad it only works out of hitstun, which I was kinda assuming was true

ZTD | TECHnology

I think I have a recording on my wii saved of something silimar like that.

And nah I was doing it before ;) You just made the video first.

You *******.

:denzel:

LinkinHand

Smash Apprentice
Thanks @ Gardex finally a German found a new At
Anyway rising Dair out of Hitstun seems pretty nice and interesting i'll test the next few matches
All you've to do is jump and do a dair? :D

D

Deleted member 189823

What kind of movement do you recommend when using gaw? Do you recommend I jump around, do empty short hops or foxthrot and dash shield as an approach?

yiran

Smash Rookie
I did some searching but I couldn't find it, so bear with me if this is a noob question (I think it is).

Why does G&W favour Rainbow Cruise and Brinstar (and Frigate Orpheon, kind of)?

Thanks.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
He is an aerial character. He is bad when his opponents are on the ground. In Rainbow you can easily force your opponents to go exactly where it favors it. G&W can also move around the stage extremely well with upB. It's quick, invincible and allows you to even stagespike greedy opponents. Also dairing from above can make life hard for your opponent. G&W is the best character in the game on RC.

About Frigate, I don't really get it. The only thing about the stage really is that there is no ledge on the right side and pretty much only Snake likes that.

yiran

Smash Rookie
He is an aerial character. He is bad when his opponents are on the ground. In Rainbow you can easily force your opponents to go exactly where it favors it. G&W can also move around the stage extremely well with upB. It's quick, invincible and allows you to even stagespike greedy opponents. Also dairing from above can make life hard for your opponent. G&W is the best character in the game on RC.

About Frigate, I don't really get it. The only thing about the stage really is that there is no ledge on the right side and pretty much only Snake likes that.
Hm, makes sense. Thanks. What about Brinstar though? Acid forces people into the air?

Also, why does he hate Final Destination so much? No platforms which restrict his air game, and a ledge that can be annoying to recover to? Or is it just beneficial to other characters?

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Brinstar is because we can attack very well from below to stage without any risk of pretty much anything. We can also use our already long lasting moves on the stuff to make them last forever. Just don't use turtle on them because that **** will be easily punishable. Also upB allows us to move around very well too.

FD is like our worst stage. It lacks everything we need and usually other characters gain from it simply because we now have to face a grounded opponent all the time.

LinkinHand

Smash Apprentice
I personally like FD for a few Match-Ups i don't know why i just i'm doing wrong but for example against D3: He's camping under a platform with side B and although i PS them i can't really get to him but on FD there's no Platform where he cna hide so for me it's easier to approach. Of course not against every character (Falco is hell on FD) but for some MU's it's not that bad i think just test it out.

Gardex

Smash Lord
NNID
Gardex
3DS FC
2707-1617-4394
I actually prefer FD against DDD as well. Gives me a lot more space to move around those waddle dees and doos. His bair also gets way less annoying without platforms.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
I would only fight Wario on FD. Other MUs I would just ban it.
And Waddles are a joke anyways.

Gardex

Smash Lord
NNID
Gardex
3DS FC
2707-1617-4394
I once lost a set because a waddle walked up to me and did the jumping attack while I was edgeguarding the DDD(He had like 180%, last stock).

THEY ARE A FORCE OF NATURE

Dexident

Smash Journeyman
I prefer Final Destination almost all the time. The only thing I don't like about it is that you can't stage spike with dash attack on the ledge. That sucks.

I would take Marth to smashville or battlefield but other than that I would probably always choose Final Destination. That is just my favorite stage and the one I have played the most on. I find the lack of platforms thoroughly refreshing and easier to bait with. It is challenging but I prefer it. It's not like other characters can't take advantage of platforms too.

Acidity

Smash Rookie
Is there a certain way to bucket break? do you use nair/air dodge beforehand or just use the bucket?

MEOW1337KITTEH

Smash Lord
NNID
daniel7001
no air dodge.

Although I have heard that airdodge can end earlier than nair, but I think that was disproven.

My question:
Who thinks that in the Japanese ruleset, PS1 and FD should be switched?

D

Deleted member 189823

What I don't like about it is the very few starters. I want more variety. And PS1? Keep it out. That thing is unbalanced.

MEOW1337KITTEH

Smash Lord
NNID
daniel7001
I hate the Japanese ruleset, but that's what it is in AZ... Sadface.

It's more balanced with Smashville there. FD is worse than PS1 in terms of balance imo

Top Bottom