• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer Thread

-LzR-

Smash Hero
You are all wrong.

Now let's discuss who we should Uthrow and who we should Dthrow.
Snake is obviously uthrow, but who else? I think Falco rolls really fast and really far.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
But Dthrow allows us to get an opprtunity to finish off Marth and do a lot of damage that makes the MU bearable. That is why you said at low %, right?

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
But Dthrow allows us to get an opprtunity to finish off Marth and do a lot of damage that makes the MU bearable. That is why you said at low %, right?
Our fairs trade, we could get the KO that way.

KOing marth isn't as hard as getting there in the first place. I would Uthrow him.

Damittom

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-5811-9326
Yeah pretty much Marth is a fairly easy character to juggle and beats us in most neutral positions which tends to result much sooner after a dthrow option than up throw against marth

:phone:

Triforce Of Chozo

Smash Ace
Unless it's super early percents, I would prefer fthrow or bthrow to upthrow. I feel like throwing them near the ledge or off the stage makes people more uncomfortable than simply putting them in the air.

LinkinHand

Smash Apprentice
What about D3 at low %? I mean he's sooo fat after a uthrow we could easily chase him with one or two nairs which would result in maybe 40 % or something like that?

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Uthrow seems to have weird knockback scaling. At early % it sends them up kinda high and at high % it doesn't really get any stronger. Our throws are so lame :(

LinkinHand

Smash Apprentice
But the dthrow is better than most of the other characters throws. With good tech chase we can bild up good damage. And what do you think, is Snakes dthrow better than ours? Because they can't tech it?

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Snake's dthrow is 100x better than ours and is definitely the best non-cgable throw.

Also it's true marth has no answers to our aerials if he's above us, but that's only if we get directly under him which is really hard because he has a faster airspeed, so good luck getting high damage off of a uthrow :/

LinkinHand

Smash Apprentice
if you only want to make damage try to use up b? XD i mean it's better than nothing. Otherwise jump after him but you don't have to attack with a nair wait for an air dodge and punish that or chase him and punish his landing lag just be a little bit creative and use mix-ups :) I know it's easier to say than to do i also couldn't do this but it's true

-LzR-

Smash Hero
I dunno how it just seems kinda weird to do. When I wait for their dodge my move still seems to sometimes miss or something. I'm just bad at it atm I think. Gotten better though. Nair *****.

LinkinHand

Smash Apprentice
Nair has more range than i think. Every ****ing single time :D and just because of the fishes.
Another question just popped in my mind. What would you change in G&W's Moveset in SSB4? I would definatley give him a better projectile.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
I wouldn't touch him at all. His moveset is perfect as it is. Dthrow could use more damage and Back and Forward throw could have a purpose, but otherwise it's perfect.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
We don't need no damn roll. We already have upB as one of the best defensive tools in the game.
And Bacon is fine as it is imo. I really wouldn't change anything.

Well... Ftilt could be stronger so it would have a purpose but meh. Now it's pretty much just the landing lag of fair.

LinkinHand

Smash Apprentice
Haahaha Gardex :D And maybe the dair could spike easier. But yeah ftilt and fair also should be worked on. But when G&W is "perfect" then why he has so terrible mu's i wish brawl would be balanced....

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Brawl is pretty goddamn balanced. The polar opposites are very different, but due to how the game works, most of the cast is viable imo.

EDIT: You guys know how strong our uair is. That **** can kill MK at like 100% or below. Any tips on landing the 2nd hit? The first hit contains the huge windbox to take them out before the 2nd hit and the 1st hit doesn't really combo into the 2nd at higher %. Of course there is stuff like reading an airdodge and uairing then, but I consider that kinda risky, I'd rather just have the free 18% from nair. Tips anyone?

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Ivy and charizard are bad characters, so treat them like that. Reflex makes ivy better than normal, so I can understand showing some respect for him, but charizard is useless vs us, yet you showed such hesitation approaching. Remember that fair bair and nair will go through rocksmash and hit charizard in most situations/most angles so abuse that. Also use nair more to approach.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Nair techchase is only worth it on a few characters and does very little damage so I don't really consider worth it. Better to just Uthrow them if you want to make sure you get more than 6% and get them in the air.

Reika Kitami

Smash Cadet
Ally my kill moves keep getting shielded because I'm predictable >.<.

Is there any set ups or any other advice for someone who's trying to pick this character up?

MEOW1337KITTEH

Smash Lord
NNID
daniel7001
Bair>Fsmash works a lot for me if you don't hit with the last hitbox.

And Usmash>Fsmash and Usmash>Usmash are both pretty good due to very unpredictably fast iasa

Top Bottom