• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer Thread

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
He glidetossed downward caught the bomb but maintained his momentum...

wut.

Im sure the boomerang affected it, it probably hit the statue and the hitlag lingered the windbox of it when GWdubs tried to roll and accidentally glidetossed or some ****

i dunno, looked cool though

-Ominous-

Smash Journeyman
Actually, if he did throw the bomb, it would've hit the statue.

Unless he somehow caught it before it hit the statue...

Deathfox30

Smash Journeyman
He glide tosses the bomb forward then re-catches it. When he threw the bomb he was already past the statue's hurtbox. That's all there is to it, boomerang had nothing to do with it.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
G&W threw the bomb and recaught it before it hit the statue. It wasn't anything fancy like a glidetoss. The "boost" was obviously caused by Link's boomerang.

Splice

Smash Hero
do what you do to fastfall any other move (down on control stick) and it will slowfall.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
i have a question.

i plan to take up g&w as second possibly, is the guide still relevant to his current metagame? and how do you do the slow key?

edit:

nvm, i see the post directly above mine about the key

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
I glanced at it and the info seems objective and factual in nature so go for it. Most of it seems correct. GW is a read based character though so outside of matchup specifics playing gw is about being the smarter player once you play people who know how tovdeal with your bs. On people who dont know how to play against him the **** is easy though

:phone:

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Does anyone know if weak hit fair to footstool to dair is a legit combo? I do it ALL the time, but I haven't really tested it with people to see if it's a true combo. I also haven't experimented much with it, but it can probably lead to a weak fair reset into smash attack or judgement.

Splice

Smash Hero
weak fair -> footstool -> weak fair -> footstool infinite :O

lol!
would be cool to test stuff like this, definitely. That's a pretty good idea even if it's not legit combo too.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Lol the second one wouldn't work because he'd be on the ground, but you could end it with a dair.

So I am actually pretty sure weak hit fair -> footstool is legit, and the dair should be guaranteed in the air, but I am not sure if it is if they're grounded. I'd need someone to test with, so maybe I'll try it out sunday.

SpeedyJ

Smash Journeyman
I have a question in regards to the BBR match up chart. (First of all I really hate what they've done in doing X/8 but that's just my opinion).

When its 4/8 does that mean dead 50:50 or is it inclusive of 45:55?

Just to clarify, I'm not asking because of the recent Falco vs G&W match-up discussion. Its because Snake is 3/8 against MK and I always thought it was even.

Question is a general question, not a Snake question. I just feel most comfortable at these boards. :)

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
i just picked up a grenade on the ground using Z when z is grab

is that even possible? :V

im saving the replay if anyone wants to see it

Rajam

Smash Champion
Whats a good counter pick for marth? Because i use battlefield which is supposed to be a better stage for marth? Was thinking of using rainbow cruise/ride
I guess Rainbow and Frigate, since they may help GW with Marth's mediocre recovery

I wonder if some stages with transformations around may help in this matchup; stages like Castle Siege, Delfino, or PS1 / PS2... anyone knows if these stages are any good against Marth? (I'd like to hear specially on Castle Siege and PS2)

-Ominous-

Smash Journeyman
What would make you wonder if stages with transformations help in the matchup?

And would Brinstar be a good choice?

Rajam

Smash Champion
What would make you wonder if stages with transformations help in the matchup?

And would Brinstar be a good choice?
Because GW plain loses in flat / starter stages, so idk if the other stages I named could help in anything

No idea on Brinstar also. Lava may help along with the ropes which hold the platforms which are auto-refresh if you u-air them, but Marth would never get gimped here. The ground being not-flat and the stage being overall aerial-based doesn't hurt Marth really, so overall I don't think this stage changes the matchup in a way that could imply it being a good cpick for GW

Alphicans

Smash Hero
RC is fantastic vs marth, so is brinstar. Brinstar is a little worse so marth's will usually ban RC, but if you can CP RC, do it!

As far as starters go, just don't go to lylat or SV. I think all the other stages are as good as they get vs Marth (cept for RC, brinstar and PS2), and I see no real difference between them all, as they all have their pros and cons.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
In my experience BF is a better choice. The SV platform can really help in edgeguarding you, and the small stage doesn't let you run away that much. On BF, juggling is more realistic, and you can key him through the BF platforms which is always really handy in any match-up.

LinkinHand

Smash Apprentice
i have a little trouble by cp'ing against other high tiers
such against marth snake mk ddk and falco
imo is fd not that bad against mk but it's only a personal feeling cause i like the "freeness" of this stage and not being handicapped by any platforms i don't like it that much anyways
i live in germany and we have our own sucky ruleset and there's no ****ing brinstar anymore don't speack about rc :D
so what about halberd cause of this lower blastzone or delfino with sharking and so on?

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
You gotta be careful about that platform is all. I love delfino, I like halberd as a stage but not as much playing on it (I'm pretty neutral to it)

The only thing I would say about the sharking on those stages is be aware of that platform. The sharking isnt as safe (At least for me personally) i've noticed because you get caught on the platforms above for punishment.

Top Bottom