• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer Thread, READ BEFORE MAKING NEW THREADS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
is it where you try to side B and grab the ledge but instead kinda go through it a bit and pop up at the corner then continue falling?
its called tele stepping i believe, it kind of a glitch, it lets you use an aerial out of it and up again, it has something to do with how far from the ledge you are when you side B, it catches me by surprise sometimes as well
someone correct me if i'm wrong i have very limited knowledge on tele stepping and the such

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
i didnt mean THROUGH the stage, thats something else entirely. i meant you'll hit the edge and pop up then just fall.
do you fall into the helpless state where you can't do anything? the falling animation after up or over b?
cause you should be able to double jump or up b again

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
oh ish. its sad when your own board beats you to the punch
we still love you though
:<
You mean our boards :3
<3 Golden

sometimes i dont go through the stage. i just stop before the ledge and fall to my death
Sounds like lightstepping.

You sideB, hit the ledge, and it's as if you're standing offstage, right? And you just start falling?

Lightstepping has to do with the angle/distance at which you hit the ledge, the best way to deal with it in the beginning is just to be prepared to press jump. Eventually, you'll learn where you can recover from without lightstepping and then you'll be able to avoid it a bit easier.

It's not always a bad thing, but when you're just starting out yeah it's mad annoying >_>

:059:

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
lightstepping! dangit... i knew what it was just not the name so i put tele-stepping
argh, ish you're so smart XD
sorry for the mix up guero ^^;; thats why i stick to socializing

Gah777

Smash Lord
What is Wolf's potential on Pirate Ship? It seems like it might be a good stage for him. Water (no gimps), reasonable bounderies (kill potential), and the ledges are heavily scar-able. Many of the stage hazards, such as bombs, should be fairly easy to avoid with Wolf's airspeed and might actually work in his advantage. A couple of problems I see is that the timing/spacing for the lagless f-air could get messed up sometimes (depending on the angles) and you could get gimped when the tornado picks up the boat (it's a fairly small time frame though). So what do you guys think about Wolf on Pirate Ship?

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Lol it's pretty confusing, I used to mix them up all the time xD The name isn't too important though I guess, so long as everyone can tell what you're talking about, I guess :p

I can see Pirate Ship being a good stage for Wolf... the slopes can help you retreat your bairs more on landing so that can make up for the fair issue, and I'm pretty sure you can AC fair on the low platform with a FH so maybe that'll help. The gimp thing probably isn't too bad since you float a bit during the tornado, right? But either way, Pirate Ship isn't legal in my region so I don't really know :<

Gah777

Smash Lord
Pirate Ship is legal in my region, so that's why I asked. I'm really liking it so far :)

how do i do a lagless fair?

and is fair as good as bair?

i know it might be stronger but it seems to be expected and i cant apply it anywhere in a match.
To do a 0-lag f-air, do a short hop rising f-air (essentially). What I do is hit jump (y) then hit foreward A then instantly move backwards.

Both are equally good, and great spacing moves. F-air kills off the top and b-air kills off the side. The only real difference in move potential is b-air's spamability

As for aplication, it's a pretty good oos move or crossover move.

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
as well as being a good killer lagless fair throws out a huge hitbox in front of you giving you a great defensive move when the going gets rough.
bair is just spammable cause of how fast it is and what not, if you keep it somewhat fresh its a great killer

_Kain_

Smash Champion
Really? Atleast Utilt can kill...what can Dash Attack do?
Lol wellllll.....IF you do happen to land a dash attack at low percents i think u can combo of it somehow with a fair....eh idk i think they both suck lol

Dekar173

Justice Man
name search ftw:

Tekkie- it's not because of playing with you that Wolf deserves the "moderate interference issues"

it's more the fact that you have to adapt your playstyle to "babysitter" mode, where you have to pay a bit more attention to your teammate needing help than you would if you were, say, teaming with MK.

CGs **** Wolf, as well as his terrible recovery =P

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Nair > jab, depends on if you hit with the right part of nair. If so, then yes :3

Dash attack isn't so horrible, tbh. Decent hitbox and sets up the opponent well enough, just generally inferior to your other options. I think all of Wolf's moves have a use, but obviously some more than others... I edgeguarded a Falco with utilt yesterday... so yeah, you never know what a move might be useful for lol

Dekar, now that I know you namesearch I'll be quoting you randomly so that you can feel special :3

Say, since Wolf isn't as big of a threat as MK, have any cool tips to share about using bananas vs Diddy?

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
no... his utilt is his worst move. his dash attack isnt bad
Tell that to me, and Candy. LOL. Candy's favorite move is Utilt actually. Wolf's dash attack is just soooooooo bad. It has bad priority, doesn't combo well at all, and is extremely bad on shield. Utilt can kill, reach through platforms, combos into grabs, and is such and odd hitbox people never notice the range too it.

Kain also made me realize Wolf's Ftilt is stupid good based on his vids. I'm gonna use it a lot more since it makes Wolf much safer then using Fsmash sometimes; especially on shield.

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
all the random comments in there distracted me and i missed the utilt the first time XD that was quite sexy, gave him a kick to the nads wolf did

Gah777

Smash Lord
utilt doesnt kill. anyone with decent momentum cancelling doesn't get killed by it until really really high percents

utilt kills like only a few percent later than upsmash

and I think utilt is a pretty good move if used correctly and unexpectedly

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
its just that upsmash is just as fast and stronger... that being said is utilt harder to punish? cause if they predict an upsmash and you utilt instead its the same effect, you get shield grabbed

rvkevin

Smash Lord
its just that upsmash is just as fast and stronger... that being said is utilt harder to punish? cause if they predict an upsmash and you utilt instead its the same effect, you get shield grabbed
Utilt is more for when they are in the air, so Usmash may not be as fast since you have to consider the first hit.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Utilt comes out faster, or at least the vertical part. How early it kills depends on which hitbox you hit with, and in general I'd say usmash kills better.

I guess I agree with Gah on this one, it's not really a bad move, just one with a somewhat limited application. Random utilts can do some amazing **** though :3

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
at lower percents its a decent combo move, you can get two, maybe three in and set up for a fair or an uair on heavier characters, i think its woefully unused but it doesn't have a great amount of application

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
Is there anything spacific about wolf's Side-B cancel on the ledge? Because i really would like to make a thread to discuss the potential of it. I gethered up footage, but i dont want to being editing unless i know that people would be interested it this. I really dont want to waste my time.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Do you mean the thing where you sideB into the ledge and fall down without grabbing onto the ledge but get your double jump back? We call that lightstepping, and we have some information on it already, but the more the merrier :D

We certainly would not think of it as useless, lightstepping can be very helpful so long as it's not abused. I'm all for a discussion thread :)

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
Do you mean the thing where you sideB into the ledge and fall down without grabbing onto the ledge but get your double jump back? We call that lightstepping, and we have some information on it already, but the more the merrier :D

We certainly would not think of it as useless, lightstepping can be very helpful so long as it's not abused. I'm all for a discussion thread :)

Would you mind if i make this? ill be making the video tonight, i did some really fun stuff and it looks rather flashy. :chuckle:

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
I wouldn't mind at all, sounds like a great idea :)

There's a ton of stuff (well not a ton, but still) that I have to say on it as well, but since I can't get clips
because I'm too lazy
I'll just post it in your thread once you put it up ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom