• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer Thread, READ BEFORE MAKING NEW THREADS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
when i know bair is too stale to use offstage or if I'm not too serious about the match then I'll chase my opponent off stage and close range nair them with the start up hit, it kills pretty well for such an underutilized move, mind you it kills at like 150% though, so maybe bair is a better choice X3 still... its mighty fancy and i know how much wolf likes looking fancy

tekkie

Smash Master
what is the best option if your opponent lands behind you and you're in shield? usmash? nair? bair maybe?

also: retreating fair offstage. effing awesome or stupidest idea ever?

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
what is the best option if your opponent lands behind you and you're in shield? usmash? nair? bair maybe?
Just landing without an attack?... I'd say FH shine OoS? 8 frames of invincibilty starting on frame 7, and a counter attack out on frame 15 to hit taller characters and anyone that jumps instantly? Idk, that'd leave you open for uairs though...

also: retreating fair offstage. effing awesome or stupidest idea ever?
Both :3

:059:

tedeth

Smash Master
I guess it depends what character you're against and how fast they can get something out. Usmash oos would be pretty safe against most characters, especially if they're wanting to land from like a SHAD or something.

onionchowder

Smash Journeyman
I can't seem to get the hang of Wolf Flash (Side-B) cancel points. I know there are 2 of them, and I checked the WolfBackRoom guide, but there isn't very good specific information on performing the cancel.

Is there a frame # or a visual cue I should use to help me side-B cancel?

tekkie

Smash Master
Just landing without an attack?... I'd say FH shine OoS? 8 frames of invincibilty starting on frame 7, and a counter attack out on frame 15 to hit taller characters and anyone that jumps instantly? Idk, that'd leave you open for uairs though...
i mean if theyre like "CHECK THIS MIXUP OUT *****ES IM GONNA LAND BEHIND THEM THIS TIME AND GRAB OR JAB OR SOME ****" and you wanna be all like "NO U YOU ****ER I READ THAT **** LIKE A MENU"

im thinking usmash but i dunno. FH shine seems like itd take too long.

maybe we should collect questions that we cant really answer definitively and test them or something :dizzy:

tedeth

Smash Master
^is the "hua" for the short or middle cancel point?

I guess i'll just practice 1/2 speed until I get it.
I suggest practicing on full speed. You need muscle memory more than anything.

And with the sound there's such a short difference in the timings it doesn't really help lol. It's just a rough guideline. I Told someone else about the sound thing and they got a bit more consistant with it so i donno.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Yeah man, we should make these lists and stuff. It's really important to know who you can hit with a quick SH bair and fair at max range...

Tekkie, we need to start hardcore crunching frame data. Usmash is too slow to beat out a proper grab, same speed as bair OoS, but we can retreat that. Only reason I said jumpshine was it would auto beat any grounded/low altitude attack attempt at full speed if we had inputs right when as they landed...

EDIT: Wow I sound so stoned in the first sentence. I'm fine though, promise =P

tekkie

Smash Master
Yeah man, we should make these lists and stuff. It's really important to know who you can hit with a quick SH bair and fair at max range...

Tekkie, we need to start hardcore crunching frame data. Usmash is too slow to beat out a proper grab, same speed as bair OoS, but we can retreat that. Only reason I said jumpshine was it would auto beat any grounded/low altitude attack attempt at full speed if we had inputs right when as they landed...

EDIT: Wow I sound so stoned in the first sentence. I'm fine though, promise =P

are you saying FH shine before they hit the ground? i can understand that because you know jumpshine beats every other aerial in the game

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Uhh.... >_> I meant right when they land, but sure :bee: past a point, it's pretty safe actually. Jumpshine when they're on the way down and can't hit you with an aerial if you're grounded, in theory it seems like the perfect defensive option...

I really don't know. My brain is refusing to think properly today x_x

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
does jump shine/shine protect your head and feet? could say an mk hit you with a dair on the head even as the shine comes out? or does it emcompass wolfs body?

Wolf4Evah

Smash Rookie
This is just a small point, but I'm pretty sure wolf can jab cancel stuff effectively. I've jab canceled into dtilt, ftilt, utilt, fsmash and downsmash. These work pretty well (except for dsmash, which is stupid) and i was wondering if this actually works against good players, and if its an actual wolf strategy.

tekkie

Smash Master
This is just a small point, but I'm pretty sure wolf can jab cancel stuff effectively. I've jab canceled into dtilt, ftilt, utilt, fsmash and downsmash. These work pretty well (except for dsmash, which is stupid) and i was wondering if this actually works against good players, and if its an actual wolf strategy.

if they're trying to hit you with something back then you get rocked. DK does this sometimes with jab.

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
yeah its good to do for a mix up, like most ppl with think you'll try to do all three jabs so if you stop after the 1st or 2nd chances are that they'll be shielding so you can run up and try to grab them

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
i wanna say that was me getting ***** by turtle there but i mostly use blue wolf, sometimes white. good stuff turtle, you wolf slayer you

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
I disagree with Golden, Wolf has great air speed and great aerials (fair/bair/uair). In teams I feel like he can control horizontal airspace very well, but from what I can tell most people think he sucks, so idk.

Don't know any particular teams that work well though, sorry :(

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
i think maybe snake or mk would compliment wolf pretty well, snake can cover the ground and wolf the air etc, then mk can do whatever the wolf is lacking in

rvkevin

Smash Lord
i think maybe snake or mk would compliment wolf pretty well, snake can cover the ground and wolf the air etc, then mk can do whatever the wolf is lacking in
Snake or MK will always make a team better in doubles...it's still not going to help against double MK or a MK/Snake team.

tekkie

Smash Master
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=260661

Wolf: Tank Punish
Carry- 3
Stock Tank- 8
Punisher- 7
DPS- 6
Good Offensive Support
Moderate Interference Issues
Energy Projectile (Punish)
i think the "Moderate Interference Issues" might be my fault. I'm awful at doubles and when I teamed with dekar in friendlies i beat him up (accidentally) quite a bit. lol

and yeah wolf sucks hard in doubles

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
I was doing doubles yesterday with Wolf+Zss vs TL+Lucario/Luigi/Zss. We won a majority of matches. I still think Wolf is bad in doubles though.

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
double wolf while horrible is still awesome, if you're going wolf in teams have two wolfs, then you can have a wolf pack. no one else can top that. EVER

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
Wolf is awesome on teams if he teams with Snake. I don't main either but I've versed it before and it's ****. Just ask Tedeth if you wanna know why. You just gotta play smart and abuse certain strategies and it's untouchable.

tekkie

Smash Master
do we have any real solid concrete information on chaingrabs and tilt locks?

like, i want to ask about shiek's tilt lock but i don't want to hear "i'm pretty sure you DI away and mash buttans lol"

have we ever actually tested any of the stuff that ***** wofl and if so where do we hide it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom