• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Question, Get an Answer Thread~[Read Before Asking a Question]

Grahf

Smash Apprentice
Is there a huge written guide on Captain Falcon anywhere? I want to learn his combos and generally how to play....watching other peoples videos can only do so much when you don't even know something just happened.

I think a lot of the threads in this forum have sunk into the pit of despair but does anyone know of a guide to Captain Falcon that must have been inevitably written in the 10 years or so this forum has been up ;_;

Halp. Buying a N64 and controller tomorrow to play this game (online) for the first time in like 8 years. I'm only interested in playing Falcon :D

Edit:
100th post

remedys

Smash Cadet
playing against people who are good with falcon is a good way to get better at him. i don't think their are any helpful guides out their. try some easy combos in training mode to get a feel for his combos, such as this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGwVRGQP1UM . if your new to n64 go to training mode and practice zcancelling all his arials, and generally practice moving around with him quickly. and when u play games with him don't try to win, but instead try to improve. u might get bored of ssb if u only play falcon

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
Is there a huge written guide on Captain Falcon anywhere? I want to learn his combos and generally how to play....watching other peoples videos can only do so much when you don't even know something just happened.

I think a lot of the threads in this forum have sunk into the pit of despair but does anyone know of a guide to Captain Falcon that must have been inevitably written in the 10 years or so this forum has been up ;_;

Halp. Buying a N64 and controller tomorrow to play this game (online) for the first time in like 8 years. I'm only interested in playing Falcon :D

Edit:
100th post
I could possibly post a guide...but it will probably get the same response as my other guides...(none)

ballin4life

Smash Hero

Edit:
100th post
There is a guide here:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=250799

Also this is pretty much a guide too:
http://www.youtube.com/user/SuPeRbOoMfAn

And here is my guide.

Step 1: Dash dance grab and fthrow
Step 2: Uair
Step 3: repeat Step 2
Step 4: ??????????
Step 5: Profit and taunt cancel repeatedly

D

Deleted member

how to play like a ***** with falcon

insist on picking dreamland

up-smash

up-air

use platforms to continue up-airs

up-b

even if you have no actual skill in the game this will turn away all your friends and may get u a sock in the face

DMoogle

A$
Whenever that happens, rewind and analyze every little thing about it. If you actually can't figure what happened, then post it and someone will help.

The Star King

Smash Hero
Er, Falcon is one of the easiest characters in the game to learn, you should probably learn things for yourself as you play other people.

asianaussie

Smash Hero

Edit:
100th post
Looks like my smash index failed.

Stormcrow2

Smash Apprentice
Does anyone know if there are free video programs that can be downloaded, to capture video of what is happening on your computer? (like people use to put clips of SSB64 fights on youtube) And if there are no free ones, are there any good ones that aren't very expensive and that can be bought online?
Thanks

hamburglar

Smash Journeyman
i just bought the mayflash n64 to usb 2 port adapter and i tried it with my hori mini pad. surprisingly windows recognized it and all the buttons registered before i calibrated it but even after calibration for some reason the joystick was extremely sensitive and would go haywire for a while, i tried it with a two different plugins and got the same result. has anyone else with a hori mini pad come across this issue? all my 1st party controllers work beautifully and it seems to have no problem recognizing the buttons, it even recognizes both Z buttons.

Stormcrow2

Smash Apprentice
Got a question about countering z-cancelled d-airs.

Say you have a luigi who is falling, does dair on you, perfect z cancel and does Up+B immediately. Is the only chance at countering this to shield at just the right frame before the Up+B attack fires? Or by simply using an A attack in the right frame at the same time as their z-cancel? I know seems like a noob question but I wouldn't be asking it if I didn't already know the answer. And the same goes for kirby's d-air with z cancel, to immediate u-tilt. Usually when I lose to a kirby its because of d-air to utilt combos, or to luigi from Up+B spam. And I understand that DI is needed for getting out of utilt combos or evading a luigi Up+B attack after being smashed up - I usually do slide DI to the side for this. This applies to other characters as well, but those are the most extreme examples I could think of. Attacks from the ground after z-cancelling is what I'm concerned about.
Thanks.

rpotts

Smash Lord
@Stormcrow

dairs can combo into up(luigi) or utilt(kirby) so the only option, unless they're slow, is to DI away from the drills so you are too far away for them to upb. Against kirby you should DI away from him, infront of him, since his utilt hits hardest from behind. So you should DI away from him, on the face side. Try to slide DI multiple hits of the drill in a row.

DMoogle

A$
If he hits you with the d-air, then I'm pretty sure that as long as he times it right, his up-B will hit.

The only way to avoid the up-B is to DI away enough during his d-air.

NNID
Budget_Player
So I'm learning jiggs and failing to see why she's so low on the tier list. (well, luigi...) Also, any guides or anything? Up until now it's basically all been Z-cancelled dair->downB, Fthrow->ZCDair->Utilt->downB, etc. Stuff like that. What else do I need to know as Jiggs?

dandan

Smash Lord
So I'm learning jiggs and failing to see why she's so low on the tier list. (well, luigi...) Also, any guides or anything? Up until now it's basically all been Z-cancelled dair->downB, Fthrow->ZCDair->Utilt->downB, etc. Stuff like that. What else do I need to know as Jiggs?
jigs approach is not very good, dair is very avoidable and DIable.
she dies at low percents, she can seriously be gimped unless she is very high.
and luigi is not the only one that ***** her... fox comes to mind.

btw, just a tip, one i got from jaimehr, do not zcancel her dair, at least not the normal (not fastfall) ones, as it gives another hit the gets the opponent into the air so you can utilt him.
if you zcancel your dair, it can be teched, and dair to rest does not really work if he knows how to DI, utilt to rest is much better.

also learn to uair into rest, as it can come really handy, at least vs the heavy chars.

and space well, as jigs is not good at approaching, try outspacing in order to get your hits.

hope this has helped you.

StealthyGunnar

Smash Champion
When playing online, for some reason my c buttons won't let me jump. How and where do I imput then on N-rages plug-in before using netplay so when I press the c button, I will jump?

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
you should learn how to teleport to approach and how to use N-air to cancel out hits. Learn how to combo with pound as well.

firo

Smash Ace
i just bought the mayflash n64 to usb 2 port adapter and i tried it with my hori mini pad. surprisingly windows recognized it and all the buttons registered before i calibrated it but even after calibration for some reason the joystick was extremely sensitive and would go haywire for a while, i tried it with a two different plugins and got the same result. has anyone else with a hori mini pad come across this issue? all my 1st party controllers work beautifully and it seems to have no problem recognizing the buttons, it even recognizes both Z buttons.
The Hori mini pad does not work with any n64 to usb adapter, as I have tried them all. 'Tis a shame.

KuroBask

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, new to the board here!
And I need some advice from you:
I usually play Fox in 1on1s, cuz he ****in owns, but I seem to get always trashed around when I play FFA with 3 friends. Is there a char that suits FFA games better?

Fireblaster

Smash Lord
I usually play Fox in 1on1s, cuz he ****in owns, but I seem to get always trashed around when I play FFA with 3 friends. Is there a char that suits FFA games better?
Kirby. Pikachu. Laser camping fox. Fireball camping mario.

NixxxoN

Smash Master
FFA are rather garbage anyway. It doesnt reflect the true skill of a player, as people usually use gay cowards tactics to win, and even hit you from your back

Battlecow

Play to Win
So, I, being a N00b, have never managed to figure this whole p2p thing out, and now that I want to try again, I can't find the phenomenally-confusing-yet-only-hope thread that superstar started (let the mourning for the old index commence). Basically, I wanna know where that is or else get linked to another thread or explanation of how to do p2p. I play on library computers that I don't have admin privileges on, and someone told me that this prevented me from doing p2p, but dandan assured me that p2p was still possible so...

Halp.

ballin4life

Smash Hero
You probably can't host p2p but you should still be able to connect to someone else if they are hosting p2p.

Check the stickies and make sure you have the p2p kailera client

StealthyGunnar

Smash Champion
1.How do I reduce ping when playing online? :(

2. Idk why, but whenever i open Project64 to play online, now it says it needs to close and closes. Every single time I open it now, it says that and I can't play online. Help plz?

MUGG

Smash Apprentice
Recently I can't connect to the servers I usually use to play ssb64 using project64k. By right-clicking on the server in my list I can see my ping (which is very low) but when I enter any server it says "error connecting to server...". I'm from Germany and I use
94.23.10.207:27888 alz.ath.cx (france)
89.149.202.120:27888 emuparadise (germany)
77.207.45.30 Lufia Server (germany?)

I can connect to Lufia Server but I only get 70 ms (resulting in 7 delay frames). Aside from that I get said error message with 70% of all the servers. I tried clearing my TEMP folder and using my back-up of the emulator but to no avail.

I also consider playing peer2peer, but I forgot how it's working exactly. I took my friend's IP and changed it to [IP]:27888 (I made sure he uses that port) but that didn't work...

Thanks in advance.

Battlecow

Play to Win
1.How do I reduce ping when playing online? :(

2. Idk why, but whenever i open Project64 to play online, now it says it needs to close and closes. Every single time I open it now, it says that and I can't play online. Help plz?
1. Get a better computer/internet/location (just to eliminate the whole lag thing as well. And yes, you need a whole new internet. A new connection will not do.) Other than that, idk.

2. Try opening smash (not online) then go to file->end emulation. then go to start netplay. That's what I do, and it fixes it for me.

You probably can't host p2p but you should still be able to connect to someone else if they are hosting p2p.

Check the stickies and make sure you have the p2p kailera client
Bro, I've read the stickies; I'm not that noob. New smash index? Nothing. Terms and advanced techniques? Nada. Player Compendium? Social Thread? Of course not. Ask a Q get an A? apparently not.

Come on, I just want someone to tell me where superstar's old thread can be found; google is failing me here.

Top Bottom