• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Question, Get an Answer Thread~[Read Before Asking a Question]

D

Deleted member

who are some good yoshi players?

Last edited by a moderator:

Saltsizzle

Smash Journeyman
Any way to practice Yoshi Tech Skill?
Like DJC and Parry
Go to training mode to dreamland (can also do hyrule since it is a large flat area). DJC just takes time so just mess around in training mode. You can practice parrying with a red shell on these stages to get the timing down. You can also practice edge cancelled eggs on these stages as well.

GhllieShdeKnife

Smash Ace
I am looking to determine if there was a brazilian release of super smash bros. as I am trying to collect every version to run comparisons. Can anyone confirm or deny the existence of this cartridge, the front should have the region code BRA on it. I can only find one source claiming it's existence with no objective proof and would like to determine for sure if it was released there or not. Thank you for your time

Shears

Smash Master
I am looking to determine if there was a brazilian release of super smash bros. as I am trying to collect every version to run comparisons. Can anyone confirm or deny the existence of this cartridge, the front should have the region code BRA on it. I can only find one source claiming it's existence with no objective proof and would like to determine for sure if it was released there or not. Thank you for your time
Brazil uses PAL so I imagine the game is identical to EU versions but there might be cosmetic changes to the cart or some minor changes in certain identifying data within the game.

GhllieShdeKnife

Smash Ace
The other games released by Playtronic in Brazil ran @ 60hz and the console can apparently run ntsc games, the power plug is apparently EU but the rest of the hardware is ntsc.
Sources:
Playtronic http://www.mobygames.com/company/playtronic-industrial-ltda
Claim of BRA Release http://www.nesworld.com/n64releaselist2.php?region=BRA&continent=&Submit=Submit
Brazilian N64 Tech Specs http://s9.zetaboards.com/Nintendo_64_Forever/topic/7405289/1/
Shears Shears
edit: game specific page for ssb on nes world with no pictures of cart, pictures on page are used for each release on the site
http://www.nesworld.com/n64list-game.php?gameid=1065

Double Edit: I found picture proof of it's existance, being sold on mercado livre
here is an imgur album with all the images I gathered to prove it's existence, I will need to track one down to complete my collection. http://imgur.com/a/VbaBG

Last edited:

Tom Bombadil

Smash Journeyman
You get 90 frames of invincibility when you grab the edge, yeah? I actually looked around for 15 minutes and couldn't find the info anywhere so I wanted to double-check.

Jayr

Smash Cadet
What is the optimal DI (and/or Slide DI) for Pikachu's up air and Kirby's up tilt?

breakthrough

Smash Journeyman
What is the optimal DI (and/or Slide DI) for Pikachu's up air and Kirby's up tilt?
I'm on my phone so I'm too lazy to post the link but Isai has a video on his YouTube titled something like "rat dittos for intermediate players" in which he explains how to di pika uair chains. In the end it's always situational and will depend on a few different factors.

In terms of Kirby utilt it's once again situational. If you're underneath a platform I like to di up to tech on platform. If you tech roll to a side of the platform and get your shield up the Kirby should hopefully push you off if he attacks you incorrectly so you can escape or retaliate with an aerial of your own. Other than that whatever direction will allow you to hopefully get out of the utilt. You just have to try different directions and figure out which works in each situation.

Baby_Sneak

Smash Champion
NNID
sneak_diss
What separates Japan from the USA in terms of skill? Why is superboomfan much better than anyone else then gets blown up by wario?

EDIT: Shears Shears just letting you know, I'm Keith Wayne on Twitter lol

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

How does one become a moderator here? I would like to apply. ^_^

Last edited by a moderator:

Hikari198

Smash Cadet
Just wondering, what is the current updated SSB64 meta for all characters (I know this is a big question, but please try to answer it :) Sorry, as I don't live in America and have been living under a rock in regards to SSB64. I would greatly appreciate it if anyone could help me out here.

Edit: Thanks for the answer guys :)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Just wondering, what is the current updated SSB64 meta for all characters (I know this is a big question, but please try to answer it :) Sorry, as I don't live in America and have been living under a rock in regards to SSB64. I would greatly appreciate it if anyone could help me out here.

Edit: Thanks for the answer guys :)
I'm curious as well, in addition to other versions of the game.

Uair

Banned via Warnings
Where is everyone playing each other at? Athens ladder sucks for smash64, the IRC is dead, and TY from smashfu keeps banning me every month. Is smash64 just dead now?

Top Bottom