• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Question, Get an Answer Thread~[Read Before Asking a Question]

BananaBolts

I find you quite appealing
Question 1: How many 64 players have had a Tifa Lockhart avy, past and present? I've seen B Link, Kahnu, Madao, Star King, and Sangoku. I'm certain that the list is longer than that, seeing as I haven't been here long enough to see people cycling through avys.

Question 2: If I get a Tifa avy, what will happen to my Smash abilities? Will I get better, worse, or simply commit permaban seppuku? RIP, Sangoku.

Last edited:

yOLORIN

Smash Apprentice
Question 1: How many 64 players have had a Tifa Lockhart avy, past and present? I've seen B Link, Kahnu, Madao, and Sangoku. I'm certain that the list is longer than that, seeing as I haven't been here long enough to see people cycling through avys.

Question 2: If I get a Tifa avy, what will happen to my Smash abilities? Will I get better, worse, or simply commit permaban seppuku? RIP, Sangoku.
There's only one way to find out.

The Star King

Smash Hero
I've always wanted to make a table for DK Fthrow -> up-b/fair/giant punch %s, maybe I should do FThrow Falcon Punch while I'm at it (except maybe not because I hate fthrow falcon punch and people getting good at it would be lame)

Last edited:

Morin0

Smash Lord
I'll do it for my own EYES then. fthrow -> fp is only if you fthrow, jump, and then fp? Or do you also move a bit forward before jumping? Some quick testing, and I see that I usually have to move a bit forward in order to land it. This makes it kind of hard to calculate since there's an added factor. For example, I tried it out on Sector Z, and there's a lot of uneven ground. It might change the percentages/how far you move forward for it to connect if you are not in even ground.

Last edited:

BananaBolts

On respawn as Fox or DK (on Dreamland), if you hold backwards and execute a bair, it will set you up for an edgecancel off of the platform. I like to follow up with a fast fall aerial, a second jump aerial, or a fast fall + z-cancel an aerial to quickly get ground footing. I'm not sure how many people know of this.

Also on Dreamland, Link can run off of a side platform towards center stage and upB almost immediately after he leaves the platform to set up for a edgecancel on the top platform. The timing is tricky but it doesn't take too much practice. More advanced: in the same scenario, if Link upB's after a successful edgecancel on the edge of the top platform, he can fade backwards and edgecancel off of the other side platform's inner edge. These actions can oscillate from side to side indefinitely.
DL Link.jpg

Any other easy edgecancel setups?

Morin0

Smash Lord
On respawn as Fox or DK (on Dreamland), if you hold backwards and execute a bair, it will set you up for an edgecancel off of the platform. I like to follow up with a fast fall aerial, a second jump aerial, or a fast fall + z-cancel an aerial to quickly get ground footing. I'm not sure how many people know of this.
ok, hipstur.

wut

mixa

Banned via Warnings
Last edited:

EverythingSmash

www.youtube.com/everythingsmash
I always thought that every aerial attack can be z-canceled. Just recently I heard someone say that Ness's d-air can't be z-cancled, is that true..? & if so are there any other aerials that don't need to be z-cancled? : )

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
ness's uair and pika's uair

yoshi's uair if you do it fast enough and the hitbox doesn't come out or something

The Star King

Smash Hero
I always thought that every aerial attack can be z-canceled. Just recently I heard someone say that Ness's d-air can't be z-cancled, is that true..? & if so are there any other aerials that don't need to be z-cancled? : )
To expand on what cobr said, basically all aerials (?) have autocancel frames, during which if they land, they avoiding that aerial's landing lag (as if it was z-canceled).

There's 3 aerials which are 100% autocanceled. Ness dair, Ness uair, Pika uair.

Some just have pretty large autocancel windows, like DK's fair or Yoshi's uair, which was what cobr was alluding to. But I think maybe all aerials might have at least some autocancel frames. Could be wrong.

Last edited:

Shears

Smash Master
Is there anyway to get gamecube controllers to work with 64? I figure a gamecube to usb adapter plugged into the keyboard adapter would be a way to get it done but it seems rather cumbersome. Anyone know of alternative solutions?

I ask this because I could grow the 64 scene in Baltimore if there was a way to use the gamecube controllers as many melee players would transition over to 64.

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
cuz fd is garbage

i always have wind off but then i get thrown off sometimes when people don't...it's bad to have it off if you're playing for practice

texh

Smash Cadet
This may be ******** but since you can play 64 on Wii through WAD or injected WAD, would it be possible to get 64 Dolphin netplay running?

Saltsizzle

Smash Journeyman
click Configure Controller Plugin, then in the Devices tab under GamePad, there should be multiple controllers available. select the 2 different ones for controller 1 and 2.

Found it. Thanks for the help, guys!

BananaBolts

Is it priority in descending order?

1 > 2 > 3 > 4

Similarly, do different player ports have different game mechanic priorities? (grab priority, death, etc.)

The Star King

Smash Hero
Can someone cover what exactly port priority affects
Is it priority in descending order?

1 > 2 > 3 > 4

Similarly, do different player ports have different game mechanic priorities? (grab priority, death, etc.)
same frame grab vs grab is 1 > 2 > 3 > 4 gets the grab

same frame ledge grab is 1 > 2 > 3 > 4 gets the grab

same frame multiple people grabbing someone is 1 > 2 > 3 > 4 gets the grab

same frame one grab hitting multiple people is 1 > 2 > 3 > 4 gets grabbed

same frame grab item is 1 > 2 > 3 > 4 gets the item

same frame last stock deaths is 4 > 3 > 2 > 1 victory

maybe there's more this is top of my head

of course if I want to make the pattern consistent I could say 1 > 2 > 3 > 4 dies first for same frame last stock death, all about perspective idk how it's explicitly coded or whatever probably irrelevent

Last edited:

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
@ Madao Madao frame display doesn't show the landing lag when some characters land after upb, so i was curious as to the data pertaining to that.

basically, from the time you hit the ground to the time you're able to input an action. i think i counted 19 for samus, but that was the only one i could get. i also know pika and ness have two different qualities and quantities, but i'm not sure of anyone's real numbers.

Madao

@ Madao Madao frame display doesn't show the landing lag when some characters land after upb, so i was curious as to the data pertaining to that.

basically, from the time you hit the ground to the time you're able to input an action. i think i counted 19 for samus, but that was the only one i could get. i also know pika and ness have two different qualities and quantities, but i'm not sure of anyone's real numbers.
For the frame display, I only did Fox and Falcon. Sangoku and mixa did the other characters, so I guess I was a bit more thorough. Ya I think landing lag is a bit tricky, at least for certain characters.

I went back to look at what I did, and I must have omitted the landing animation from the display, since I wanted to show the exact duration of the Up B animation. I at least wrote down the number of frames for landing lag for Fox(12 frames) and Falcon(17 frames). If you want, I could check a few characters today and do the rest, some other time.

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
falcon feels much faster than that...hm

but yeah thanks a bunch, i think that'd actually be a nice bit of info to have. take your time and do it whenever, doesn't have to be today.

KeroKeroppi

Smash Champion
same frame grab vs grab is 1 > 2 > 3 > 4 gets the grab

same frame ledge grab is 1 > 2 > 3 > 4 gets the grab

same frame multiple people grabbing someone is 1 > 2 > 3 > 4 gets the grab

same frame one grab hitting multiple people is 1 > 2 > 3 > 4 gets grabbed

same frame grab item is 1 > 2 > 3 > 4 gets the item

same frame last stock deaths is 4 > 3 > 2 > 1 victory

maybe there's more this is top of my head

of course if I want to make the pattern consistent I could say 1 > 2 > 3 > 4 dies first for same frame last stock death, all about perspective idk how it's explicitly coded or whatever probably irrelevent
why tf do you know this ****

Top Bottom