• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Question, Get an Answer Thread~[Read Before Asking a Question]

mixa

Banned via Warnings
what is the DI to escape from Samus' up-b? I'm on keyboard, vs a CP, so it should be pretty simple.

KeroKeroppi

Smash Champion
Samus' b-up isn't TOO difficult to DI out of so any direction should be fine. However, due to Samus' ability to "follow" you (to an extent) left or right during her b-up, DIing up or down would be ideal when versing a human.

Battlecow

Play to Win
yeah you wanna go up or down

down if you get it right away but up if you don't, is I believe the correct way. I usually just go down.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Glide64 Napalm WX crashes my Project64 and other emulators, any idea why? There isn't an error to it or anything, it just simply doesn't load the game and then I have to restart the program.

mismashu

Smash Rookie
I have online now but the problem is it keeps crashing as soon as the host starts the game. it'll load to the game screen then crashes... :(

SSBPete

Smash Lord
when playing as mario or luigi on peaches, is it beneficial to downb recover when aiming to land on the lower platform as its receding?

in other words, does the platform make more ground in the negative direction than mario or luigi's downb do in the positive direction in the same amount of time?

:phone:

SSBPete

Smash Lord
when playing as mario or luigi on peaches, is it beneficial to downb recover when aiming to land on the lower platform as its receding?

in other words, does the platform make more ground in the negative direction than mario or luigi's downb do in the positive direction in the same amount of time?

M!nt

Smash Champion
Try a different gfx plugin, if it still doesn't work ill upload my setup when I get home.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
Pete with the TR-TR-TR-TR-TR-TR-TR-TRIPLE POST! cool beans.

You are just talking about getting back to the stage right, and ignoring the edgeguarder, right?

I can't say for sure, but I'm pretty sure if you actually max out the down-b then its probably beneficial. That move gets you up really high when you max out. I would only use it BEFORE my second jump in the scenario you're talking about.

Sean of the World

Smash Rookie
What's the best way to record videos of SSB64 and upload them to youtube? I noticed some of the higher quality videos seem to be recorded with a VCR since you can see the "PLAY" occasionally at the start. Thanks.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
easycap is <$5 but you get what you pay for (video quality is not as good; sound may be grainy).

I think many people use dazzle but that's like $50 I think.
Dazzle is supposed to be great

More expensive option (heard it's even better): Hauppauge HD PVR 2

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
You will need yellow/red/white male to male rca whatever setup you choose, and for capture cards you'll need 3 rca splitters. I use 1male to 2female splitters, though you could use the inverse as well iirc.

Dazzle 2 good. I recommend it.

Whichever card you end up getting make sure to use deinterlacing video, for the love of ****.

Also if you can manage to record on a desktop, to record audio use rca stereo to 3.5mm aka 1/8" stereo audio plug and use LINE IN aka the blue socket that is similar to the audio jacks for mic and headphone

Tom Bombadil

Smash Journeyman
No one online is at the same skill level as me

I either get 5 stocked (or they screw around once they realize how much better they are) by players with good techskill, combos, and spacing, or I play a kirby side-smasher on sector Z.

What to do? Slash, does anyone else feel this way, and, if so, want to play?

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
Are you on the Galaxy server? If you aren't, there's a bunch of noobs on it. I can 1v1 anytime between 8:00AM-1:00PM. In the morning, there's only like 10 people on the server and afterwards, there's over 25 people.

Tom Bombadil

Smash Journeyman
Are you on the Galaxy server? If you aren't, there's a bunch of noobs on it. I can 1v1 anytime between 8:00AM-1:00PM. In the morning, there's only like 10 people on the server and afterwards, there's over 25 people.
Yeah I get on Galaxy. Normally around dinner time (west coast). But I'd love to play sometime. I guess Texas time 8-1 is 9-2 pacific time? I'll look out for you if you use Powerstar9 as your login name.

Or PM me and we can schedule something if you're into that. Because I am.

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
Yeah I get on Galaxy. Normally around dinner time (west coast). But I'd love to play sometime. I guess Texas time 8-1 is 9-2 pacific time? I'll look out for you if you use Powerstar9 as your login name.

Or PM me and we can schedule something if you're into that. Because I am.
If it is 1pm west coast, its...
2pm mountain time
3pm central(Texas)
4pm east coast

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
started playing this on the Wii VC with a cube controller recently-are they any notable differences between playing it on cube and N64 controllers(like certain actions that can/can't be done on GC or whatever?) or it it just the same ol same ol?

kys

Smash Ace
Djc is harder on gc controller

I'd say shine cancels as well, probly other things too

VC skips frames
I was wondering about frame skipping. Why does VC do it?

Practically speaking, does that mean if you make an input on a frame that is skipped, that the input won't go through? Is that the main reason why it sucks? Just curious

ballin4life

Smash Hero
You will need yellow/red/white male to male rca whatever setup you choose, and for capture cards you'll need 3 rca splitters. I use 1male to 2female splitters, though you could use the inverse as well iirc.
If your TV has AV out (check on the back for RWY plugs that say AV out next to them) then you don't need to use splitters. But it is still worth getting them if you're ever going to capture from another TV (perhaps at a tournament or smashfest).

mixa

Banned via Warnings
I have a question: how many native English speakers got the pronounciation of 'Isai' right just form reading the word?

Illuvial

Exploring Tallon IV
NNID
Illuvial
3DS FC
1435-3676-0317
Switch FC
SW-1736-8649-2292
This is a questuon for competitive or more skilled Smash 64 players.How long did it take you guys and gals to become good at Smash Bros 64?

clubbadubba

Smash Master
Been playing on and off for 3-4 years and I'm still not good. My definition of good just keeps going up. I wonder if Isai thinks he's good or if we're all just incredibly ****ty at this game.

But it shouldn't take you too long to get to a level of competence. You could literally get down all of the necessary tech skill in a week IF you concentrate specifically on that. After that you just gotta play people, and in a few months I think you'd be decent. Not that I recommend going about things this way, you should just play people online because its fun AND you get better. You will experience diminishing returns on your skill level the better you get for the most part. How long it will take depends on how good you want to be.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
This is a questuon for competitive or more skilled Smash 64 players.How long did it take you guys and gals to become good at Smash Bros 64?
It depends on the person. Also, what do you define as "good?"
Under my definition, it takes certain people a year or less and other people way longer

AtotheZ

Smash Lord
Top Bottom