• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Question, Get an Answer Thread~[Read Before Asking a Question]

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
Do all of these work the same in that the amount of fixed knockback is higher for lighter characters?
It is higher for lighter characters, at least for certain moves like Yoshi's u-tlt and d-tilt

One of the reasons why Yoshi does worse vs. Kirby is probably due to his u-tilt not being able to combo vs people.

ballin4life

Smash Hero
It is higher for lighter characters, at least for certain moves like Yoshi's u-tlt and d-tilt

One of the reasons why Yoshi does worse vs. Kirby is probably due to his u-tilt not being able to combo vs people.
Yeah ... I know it works like that for some of the moves, like Yoshi's utilt. I'm asking if it works like that for ALL of the fixed knockback moves.

Yobolight

Smash Lord
Anyone know any uses for Ness's Ftilt? It is like the only move I never use ever and I was wondering if it even had a use.

151rby

Smash Cadet
Sometimes when the opponent is at middle-ish damage and I correctly predict a roll, or a tech in my direction, I use it to start a combo. Also I find that, like pretty much any move, it has its moments just because its unique combination of speed, range, and knockback happen to provide exactly what you need (or the best bet) every now and then (the situational factor).

clubbadubba

Smash Master
I played some guy recently (can't remember his name because he wasn't very good and we didn't play long), and he would use ftilt immediately after he teched away from me. Since I would usually be running after him for a grab, he caught me with it a fair amount. Dunno if it has any legitimate use or I was just being lazy going for grabs then, but worth looking into. Though jab might be safer for that scenario, not sure because **** ness and everything about him

King Omega

Smash Journeyman
Most ftilts are useful for spacing/defense after tech rolls and in similar situations. Even if you don't hit (which is like a guaranteed grab/combo...for Falcon anyway), the opponent would have to have really good timing to outright punish you for it.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Aight. You just made it sound like Yoshi sucks vs Kirby mainly due to up tilt not being great at comboing him.

And I was thinking that Yoshi combos Kirby and other light characters just fine.

M!nt

Smash Champion
light characters like kirby and jigglypuff are getting easier and easier the more I play

just nair chain to fair on dreamland, of if they are at average damage short hop nair to fair c:

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Easy stuff indeed Mint. But a lot of people refuse to learn to how combo characters horizontally with Yoshi. Or are lost without up tilt.

Yoshi's issue with Kirby has nothing to do with combos. It's just hard to approach that **** thing. Whether he's on the ground or above you.

breakthrough

Smash Journeyman
I hope that there isn't already a post about this because I did try a few searches but didn't find anything.

I'm having trouble with DK against my brother's Kirby. Does anyone have information on that matchup that could help me out?

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
First question.. Do both of you know what you are doing (short hopping, z-cancel etc.)
If yes: try making it so you are above Kirby. Use platforms to your advantage and make sure Kirby is not above you. I am pretty positive that at really low percents you can do an aerial cargo f-throw into a giant punch (not sure though, someone correct me if I am wrong plox)

In terms of another response to sheer. I know that isn't the biggest reason but the matchup would be a whole lot more even if you could potentially (yay theorycrafting)

clubbadubba

Smash Master
Easy stuff indeed Mint. But a lot of people refuse to learn to how combo characters horizontally with Yoshi. Or are lost without up tilt.

Yoshi's issue with Kirby has nothing to do with combos. It's just hard to approach that **** thing. Whether he's on the ground or above you.
pshhh sheer thinks he knows stuff about yoshi. Lets do yoshi dittos to determine who has the best yoshi :)

KeroKeroppi

Smash Champion
I'm sure you know that Ness' initial dash is a lot faster than his normal running speed. NanGoku does initial dash>super fast djc>initial dash, essentially allowing him to do 2 initial dashes back to back for maximum speed.

That's worded kind of funny.. sorrs lol.

Yobolight

Smash Lord
I'm sure you know that Ness' initial dash is a lot faster than his normal running speed. NanGoku does initial dash>super fast djc>initial dash, essentially allowing him to do 2 initial dashes back to back for maximum speed.

That's worded kind of funny.. sorrs lol.
Are you sure that is all that it is? It looks a little bit faster than that.

151rby

Smash Cadet
I'll try it in training mode sometime kind of soon, and will report back with my results.
(I realize anybody can try it in training mode, but I'm mostly just enthusiastic about it.)

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
okay. what the ****. my cart reset three times in the past four days. someone help me and tell me what to do/what i'm doing wrong.

i just leave it in the n64. should i not? can it short? WHAT THE ****

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
In melee and in some 64 videos, I have seen that technique called DJL or Double Jump Landing.

Top Bottom