• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Question, Get an Answer Thread~[Read Before Asking a Question]

Glöwworm

Smash Lord
well...it's awesome. but it seems like...50% of the time i can get good games, as in little lag/desynch issues... (although part of that may be the fact that i'm using a pretty old pc...and i'm at college sharing an ancient router with 31 other guys...) the rest of the time...it seems like 40% are too far below my level, i try playing my worst character and i still 3-stock them or so... another 40% are beyond my level and i get crushed... then there's that 20% that is either just below my level(fun...i can work on my link or jiggs) at my level(good, of course) or just above my level(which is incredible...i really have to try hard to do well...it's SO much fun)

just (hopefully) got p2p set up though, which should help with lag issues. and computer administrator should hopefully get us a new internet setup sometime in the future. thing is, i have no one to test my p2p out with...
other than that, it's absolutely incredible. just the fact that i get to play smash pretty much whenever i want...i got super excited when i found out some of the other guys in my house played n64 and at that, smash - but then i just crushed them. damn.
lol I played you once and you randomly left XD

Banana Jack

Smash Cadet
yeha don't worry i've been keeping up to date. it's kind of amusing to me, to be honest...it's just a forum, and about a video game at that. i've seen some tempers running a bit too high.
i think it's both funny and a good thing that you went from challenging isai to saying that there ARE people better than you:
"Firstly- i loooovee playing people who are better than me."
and actually getting into the online game. not that i'm a veteran here or anything but i've seen a couple of isai challenges in my time. plus i looked at all the links in the recent discussion about challenging isai.

hahah! oh god you have no idea how happy i was when i found this forum. and THEN i found out it was possible to play online, which was a different matter altogether.

yeah...i actually switched my main to yoshi because he's so much fun(well, until recently, when i played online and got CRUSHED by a fox...i may have to pick up a faster character like pikachu) but i do remember realizing it, after i switched mains...and then that was one of the main reasons for his location on the tier list i'm pretty sure, so when i read that it confirmed my thoughts even more. i play ness every once in a while, but ever since my brother figured out he could either chase me off the ledge even further or he could just get in the way of my blue ball and i would fall to my death...not so much. i do enjoy his spike and yoyo though. so much fun. and i love playing djc characters, they allow for so much...i don't know. mind games...trickery...not that i'm good enough to actually use those things properly but they're fun.

okay i tried to find it and all i could find was this:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=301606
and battlecow's not on there so maybe he's not top ten. but i was looking at some other thread, where people could challenge each other for spots and stuff, and it listed the top ten people on that, and he was in there, with some other big names...so he's up there, i'm pretty sure. maybe not top ten though.

hahaha probably not. everybody has their own playing style. you definitely play better against a character when you know how to use them though. and vice versa...i think i picked up link way faster than i should've, being my brother's main and all...

Banana Jack

Smash Cadet
lol I played you once and you randomly left XD
hahaha! yeah sorry 'bout that...not that i specifically remember that time, but sometimes i just get sudden internet issues...stuff like that... or i'll get a ds and my emulator won't close properly, then all of a sudden pj64k encounters an error and the entire thing shuts down...
what's your name online? i may remember it. did i get crushed?

yeahhhh i'm a cadet now! finally, i've been playing this long for cadet status...

KeroKeroppi

Smash Champion
bannana jack! i have soo much things to say to that postt but in all honesttly im wayy to lazzy to repllyy with a long message.

mainlyy- i use yoshi as my third, and diablo uses fox as his secondd, and its suchhhh a nightmare playing fox with yoshi. i see exactlyy where your coming from.

and the whole, i love playying people better than me is a long storryy so im just not ganna go into ittt.

but superbooom, if that p2p was directed torwards me and bananajack than yeahh ill play with you sometime. however, i dont reallyy know what p2p is yett.

ballin4life

Smash Hero
He also does combos that anyone with a lick of sense knows are insane. That's why you get Youtube scrubs adoring him superhard in the comments sections along with me and A$.
Duh.

I do pretty good combos too, so then you get people who have only watched my videos (like them) who overrate me. I'm reminded of that player tier list thread where greginator (before he played me online) put me up next to frogles on his list haha.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Banana and Kero-

I'm not top 10 in NA. Maaaaaaaaybe top 20? IDK, maybe not. I'm #3 on the galaxy ladder because a lot of top players (like superboomfan, who's #2 in North America) don't bother with it.

KeroKeroppi

Smash Champion
i seeee, why dont they bother with it? it seems like a blast ahaha? im probably ganna join oncee i get my online act togetherr.

oh and battlecoww, i read that when you played peek you won 5 wins to 4 wins.
when we play, are we playing best OF five, or first TO five?

Battlecow

Play to Win
I was thinking best of, but whatever you want.

We'll play as many friendlies as we feel like afterwards, though, so it don't matter overmuch.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Seth Bullock

I'm powerdisking through Deadwood right now, thought it was cool that he had the same name as me.

kys

Smash Ace
I just realized Kero likes to add letters to the ends of his words like YBOMBB. I know, I know; cool story bro.

KeroKeroppi

Smash Champion
i do enjoyy adding letters lol. story time? back in like 7th grade when every text had a smiley face and was "hella" friendly people would add leters alllll the time like it was nothing. soo if someone was like,

i neeeed to talk to youu!:) youd be like, okay? cool whats up!? versus..
i need to talk to you.

yourr like wtf..? whats up with him.. kinda sounds like the typer is like angry or sad or something. sooooo.. ever since than, i didnt want to give people any impressian that i was mad at them or in a bad moood. soo i got used to adding extra letters .weird. i know.

and battlecow your names seth? soo bad ***. not all of us were blessed with creative names-_____-

KeroKeroppi

Smash Champion
lol, that guy gets the *****es.

anyway, who knows the official name for ping attacks? (ness' bat, luigis b up and pufffs sleep attack of death)

Battlecow

Play to Win
luigi's up B is the Super Jump Punch/Shoryuken/Dragon Punch/Ping/Fire Punch

Jiggs's down B is Rest

Ness's bat is just his forward smash

asianaussie

Smash Hero
generic input
invincibility frames
anti-air vs finisher
only ken's special shoryuken has fire effects
luigi's fist doesn't actually burst into flames and isn't multi-hit like ken's

i guess they both spin around though

i refuse to call it a shoryuken

The Star King

Smash Hero
I just realized Kero likes to add letters to the ends of his words like YBOMBB. I know, I know; cool story bro.
I started saying "bleh" because of YBOMBB

I pick up little things from people way too easily

IRL, I actually started saying "PWNED" the way I imagine MATTS! saying it - an obnoxious, childish voice filled with glee and triumph. I have gotten quite a few strange looks from people.

Fynal

Smash Journeyman
my two little brothers both say pwned (pronounced with long o sound like boo, "pooned") like its a normal word

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
I started saying "bleh" because of YBOMBB

I pick up little things from people way too easily

IRL, I actually started saying "PWNED" the way I imagine MATTS! saying it - an obnoxious, childish voice filled with glee and triumph. I have gotten quite a few strange looks from people.
JaimeHR rubs off on me way to much xP

clubbadubba

Smash Master
My group of friends call luigi's up-b the scream, as in, you just got screamed bro.

Also I say "owned pwned 100% better best" on occasion. Actually though, I do.

ballin4life

Smash Hero
generic input
invincibility frames
anti-air vs finisher
only ken's special shoryuken has fire effects
luigi's fist doesn't actually burst into flames and isn't multi-hit like ken's

i guess they both spin around though

i refuse to call it a shoryuken
jeez you might as well bring up "well the SHORYUKEN is done by KEN AND RYU, whereas Luigi's is done by LUIGI" if you're going to nitpick like that.

also i pronounce "pwned" like "owned" but with a p in front. so powned basically

The Star King

Smash Hero
Uh, yeah. Pretty sure pwned originated as a typo for owned.

I just remembered I also sometimes say "gg no re", but people don't notice it as much as PWNED.

That's dumb.

"owned. o is close to p on the keybord. You got pwned :cool:"
"*****. f is close to r on the keyboard. You got faped :cool:"

Top Bottom