• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Question, Get an Answer Thread~[Read Before Asking a Question]

Gowa

Smash Apprentice
Can anyone tell me how Shine -> Jab with Fox works? I can do it probably 20% of the time. When I press A to jab, nothing happens. Is it because I need to time the jab or does the shine have to be frame perfect every time?

3mmanu3lrc

Smash Lord
Not exactly frame perfect, but sort of fast to make the shine though.
You just need some practice in training mode and you should be ok.

The Star King

Smash Hero
Can anyone tell me how Shine -> Jab with Fox works? I can do it probably 20% of the time. When I press A to jab, nothing happens. Is it because I need to time the jab or does the shine have to be frame perfect every time?
Time the jab. You are probably pressing A during the hitlag. Hear the sound of the shine jab in your head, and press it with that timing.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
The standard "J differences" thread says that samus remains almost completely unchanged. I don't think she gets charge shot or recovery buffs.
The (J) [!] is the "correct" version of the 2 for the Jn64. The normal J variant seems to be a mix between normal and Japanese. I also find the (J) [!] to have a better AI than the (J) one.

Battlecow

Play to Win
The (J) [!] is the "correct" version of the 2 for the Jn64. The normal J variant seems to be a mix between normal and Japanese. I also find the (J) [!] to have a better AI than the (J) one.
f*** the what?

Are you sure they're different? I thought it was the same thing as (U) and (U) [!], where they're the same but one means you have the RDB or whatever.

\\Killer//

Smash Journeyman
Project64k 0.13 isn't working, every time i open it it says "Not enough memory for Jump table" and "failed to allocate memory". I restarted the pc and even redownloaded but it didn't work. What is the solution to this problem?

Now currently using 0.17

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
Ergh, **** that error, in the end I had to re-install XP in order to get it to work again. I'm quite sure I didn't have a virus at the time too, but run something like Malwarebytes anyway like ballin suggested.

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
when i had this problem it was simply because my computer couldn't run everything it currently was, and project64 at the same time...if i closed a few things i could often fix the problem.

upgraded computers and since then i've never seen that problem.

B Link

Smash Lord
1. Is fox's shdl supposed to take a lot of practice to do consistently in a match? I can only do it sometimes by accident.

2. Do lower pings mean less input delay even if its still the same # of frames?

3. What does the "real n64 range" option do in the Nrage input plugin?

4. Similar to #1, how do you practice with ness DJC? (i.e. actually connecting hits in a match and not just spamming)

blaze3927

Smash Ace
can we please change the strikeout rule

Scenario:

Best of three matches

1st match
player 1 vs player 2
player 1 wins

2nd match, player 2 has counterpick:
player 1 picks pikachu
player 2 picks fox
player 1 strikes out hyrule, advantage with counterpick gone?

or at least discuss it, imo it seems that a player 1 winning match 1, can basically cancel fox's advantage against other higher tier characters if player 2 picks fox in match 2.

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
Loser of the match picks stage using BRoom ruleset. Except I didn't know that at the time and aa wasn't there to tell me otherwise.

I would have won anyway, run at me.

Also I have your N64 adapter.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
**announcement by the actual TO**
both ciaza and james dq'd, tourney never happened, real tourney is next major

james, you're dumb, i specifically said before leaving that there was no strikeout for 64 since there are FOUR DAMNED STAGES

blaze3927

Smash Ace
why is it every time we have a tourney aa stuffs it up?
AA disqualified by even more real TO
^^ you mean my winnings

blaze3927

Smash Ace
best bet is to find a thumbstick thats to your liking
aka
gamecube
3rd part y gamecube
numchuck
ps2
wii classic/pro

then tell me, then cost of n64 controller ($10) plus cost of harvest controller ($10ish) plus cost of microchip ($5)

SSBM_or_GTFO

Smash Apprentice
I got a question about P2P. I had it working perfectly before but recently my friend cannot connect to me at all, no matter what we try. What could have happened? What info do you need to be able to help?

Battlecow

Play to Win
In all seriousness though someone who knows about hosting p2p needs to help this poor fellow and ignore Astral Bovine's zany shenanigans.

The Star King

Smash Hero
In all seriousness though someone who knows about hosting p2p needs to help this poor fellow and ignore Astral Bovine's zany shenanigans.
I'm pretty sure that's what everybody is forced to go through any time they read any thread on this forum.

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
I got a question about P2P. I had it working perfectly before but recently my friend cannot connect to me at all, no matter what we try. What could have happened? What info do you need to be able to help?
I'm no expert but a quick guess by me is that you have a dynamic IP (your IP changes). Make sure you're giving him the right IP.

Also your router might have reset during a blackout or something so make sure you check your router settings to see if you are still forwarding the port.

SSBM_or_GTFO

Smash Apprentice
I'm no expert but a quick guess by me is that you have a dynamic IP (your IP changes). Make sure you're giving him the right IP.

Also your router might have reset during a blackout or something so make sure you check your router settings to see if you are still forwarding the port.
www.whatsmyip.org gives the same ip every time I visit and it's what my friend is using. I checked my forwarded ports and everything is how it should be. (DMZ is enabled and set to the right ip, correct port, etc.)

I was expecting someone to poke fun at my name while posting in this section of the forum so no harm done. ; )

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
Then that's essentially my limit of helping you, sorry =/
Maybe try running some variables like if other people can connect to you, can he connect if you host on a different computer, etc.

SSBM_or_GTFO

Smash Apprentice
Then that's essentially my limit of helping you, sorry =/
Maybe try running some variables like if other people can connect to you, can he connect if you host on a different computer, etc.
Hmm, ok. I'll try that and post back with the results.

dandan

Smash Lord
check whether your internal ip has changed, if you are working on a network with multiple computers and non static internal ips, it can happen.
if it has changed, just change the port forward to the new internal ip.

myrosgyros

Smash Rookie
i went to try to play 1p mode the other day and selected dk and when the game started i was mario so i went through and tried all the other players and all the difficulties and stock options and always ended up being mario.

i tried resetting the console and all that too

has anyone else had this problem? is there a way to fix it?

myrosgyros

Smash Rookie
yeah it was the first time i tried to after i used a gameshark i got

is it a problem with the game or the system?

ballin4life

Smash Hero
It's a problem with leaving gameshark codes on I think. Try using the gameshark again and turning off all codes.

If that doesn't work then I think you might be able to reset your game or something to get around it ... I forget what I did though

Top Bottom