• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Question, Get an Answer Thread~[Read Before Asking a Question]

The Star King

Smash Hero
it was on DL, we were on the right side of the stage pretty close to the ledge but I don't think his heel was on it. usually I would have ended up on the top platform or somewhere around there but I ended up closer to the right platform.

my memory isn't the best since this happened on sunday though.
Yeah pretty sure I'm right, only viable explanation AFAIK

mixa

Banned via Warnings
not sure what you mean
but for spikes whose knockback trajectory aren't all vertical, this could happen:

but as you can see, teching isn't necessary

Last edited:

Herbert Von Karajan

Smash Lord
not sure what you mean
but for spikes whose knockback trajectory aren't all vertical, this could happen:

My question is what happens if they pressed Z right before they hit the ground in that instance. I was playing with fireblaster the other day and it looked like a tech in place got edge canceled.

Fireblaster

Smash Lord
not sure what you mean

DK Up B'd into a sloped ground, which means it's possible he landed before getting hit. I don't know how much freedom DK has during up B, but he may have done something like crouch cancel (based on DK's damage and how far he bounced from it). Then because of this there's also really small hitstun he immediately double jumps onto the platform.

mixa

Banned via Warnings
Thanks for teching that first one; answers my question affirmatively. Plus you get a frame of invincibility
I believe I had answered it already. I guess people need vids to believe.
Ok, I said "same thing happens". I was too in the moment and assumed everyone would know that not exactly the same happens, because you get blue frames with tech.

You don't get a frame of invincibility, you get some frames. In the instance I measured I was getting 9. I think that you could get more/less depending on the position.
edit: Yep, I managed to make DK get only one blue frame.

Last edited:

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
why is my ping consistently 17-28 on Smash FU when i've been getting 1 frame (16 or less) there for over a year

and why can i not join the ****ing server without my pj64 getting an error and needing to close

Skrlx

Smash Champion
Bad routing. Honestly, this is probably one of Kaillera's biggest downfalls. Your experience online is way too dependent on your routing. Bad routing? GG. I could count on one hand the miles that I live from Madrush, and we get 3 frames on p2p. It's ridiculous.

Last edited:

Sangoku

Smash Master
Lol where did that come from? I still don't know if I have holidays during that time, but I probably don't. So I will most likely not be there. I'm not good or interesting to play against anyway, so I believe it's not a big loss for you.

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
it's about COMMUNITY BONDING, sangoku

don't you want to get really drunk with us and ban the entire kerashoya on your phone at 4am

KeroKeroppi

Smash Champion
Tournaments have never been about playing "good" or "interesting" people brah. They've always been about bonds. There's something special about spending time with people who love the game just as much as you do.

oh hey cobr

Last edited:

Sangoku

Smash Master
I don't drink alcohol cobr. But yeah I get what you guys are saying and I'd love to go to apex one day. Hope I get the opportunity eventually.

Sangoku

Smash Master
I don't really look like SK tbh. And I probably don't look like aa too much either I guess. Concerning the fsmash, it is possible that 2 can link but not 3 if the opponent let go on the shield button, because of the 8 frame shield drop animation. I can't test things right now, but I'll do it later if someone else doesn't do it in the mean time.

mixa

Banned via Warnings
3 f-smashes can't link because the 2nd pushes the opponent away too far for the third to reach.

but IIRC, f-smash to f-smash on shield isn't a true combo.

hi-usmash: 20% → 36 frames of shield stun

41 - 36 = 5

opponent can roll in 4 frames. this is why you shouldn't go for shield breaks or shield pressure when
f-smash is stale + not angled up

i hope this isn't a callout on another taser

i didn't test this right now btw, but i've done tests in the past (which is why i knew about 3 f-smashes not connecting - normal f-smash might hit as the third one)
so i could be wrong about the math

Last edited:

mixa

Banned via Warnings
anyone know where i can get an input display for keyboard? something like this

i have this one, but i can't make anything appear using my keyboard (haven't tried anything else)

Last edited:

Skrlx

Smash Champion
roll -> up tilt
pivot -> up tilt
swallow fox -> SHTL -> up tilt
up tilt

Chaostatic

Smash Apprentice
Yo all jokes aside, I actually think my problem is that I don't duck enough! I'm totally going to start ducking under lasers!! Thanks guys!

Sangoku

Smash Master
I'm not sure I understand what you're saying and I can't watch your link, but you can DI to a place where you would be out of range (if you had been there before getting hit I mean). Since the hit is already registered it doesn't matter where you end up being. You should try to find some perfect DI TAS vid to see how far it takes you and you'll clearly see the opponent would be out of range.

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
it's hard to explain, but basically, the farthest place you can DI to = the farthest place the hitbox will connect? so in this case, after a dair, i hit puff with a charge shot, and she DI's all the way behind me IF she had been in that position after another samus daired her to that spot, for instance, would my charge shot have hit?

blahh i'm ****ing it up

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
see where jpuff was after she di'd? what if she were there initially, and then i fired the charge shot? would it have hit?

mixa

Banned via Warnings
hm... no... ? weird question

this is where puff was when she got hit -- when the charged beam connected

if puff were here

then no, the charged would not have hit because she's behind samus and the charged goes in front of samus

???

Last edited:

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
then you answered my question. i know you can sorta hit the opponent when they're a bit behind you, maybe touching you, and i've had rare instances where my charge shot has hit two people, but yuh.

mixa

Banned via Warnings
i know you can sorta hit the opponent when they're a bit behind you
huh, i didn't know that happened for the charged beam when grounded. cool beans

that has nothing to do with DI though

Last edited:
Top Bottom