• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Question, Get an Answer Thread~[Read Before Asking a Question]

M!nt

Smash Champion
1. Hyrule has been banned so worse.

2.I don't understand your question. Can you give some more detail?

Radical Larry

Smash Lord
NNID
Crimson-Vulcan
3DS FC
1822-3761-9326
1. Hyrule has been banned so worse.

2.I don't understand your question. Can you give some more detail?
It's not understandable why Hyrule's been banned; if anything, the stages need a re-organization on what is banned and what is not, with Hyrule and Dreamland being the only ones allowed. (May I give full explanation why this should be?)

And yes, I will give more detail. You know about the video about the absurd Directional Influence Fox did? Well, is it remotely possible to do that, but do a 360 degree spin to the ground?

sman865

Smash Apprentice
How many people have looked into gamecube -> n64 controller adaptors?

The only one I could find after (just) a few minutes of searching was on raphnet. But I was just wondering if there are any good ones and what people think about the concept in general.

rjgbadger

Banned via Warnings
raphnet is the best adaptor you can easily find, no one cares on what controller you use, use whatever you feel makes you play the best

rpotts

Smash Lord
I'm pretty sure @chain-ace uses the raphnet adapter. I have a friend who uses a different one but it's gamecube->usb for emulator play. I don't think there are many options for gamecube->N64. I haven't used raphnet's GC->N64 but I (and many other people here) attest to raphnet's N64->USB adapter.

T Brett

Smash Journeyman
So I bought new sticks for my n64 controllers about a month or two ago. And now like all 3 of them have the problem where it thinks it's tilted left ever so slightly.
This is a nightmare on the select screens and even for playing ssb (especially racing or fps or loz games).
My questions would be: did I buy ****ty sticks? Did I install them poorly? Is there a simple fix? What are the best quality sticks out there?

Thanks guys

Vale

Smash Ace
This happened a while ago, but I forgot to ask at the time: I was playing on Saffron and shielded an Electrode's explosion. I was near the edge of the Electrode's hitbox. My friend was a decent bit above and to the left of me. He got hit with the explosion and died. Does the explosion hitbox like transfer to my shield or something? Is the explosion just much more disjointed than we thought? We were both Kirby, if that matters.

Chaostatic

Smash Apprentice
Hi guys! I've got a question. The knock back of an attack is based on the % the opponent has AFTER getting hit with an attack, right?

Let me explain. Fox's back air does 12 damage. If I back air DK at 987 damage (thus giving him 999% damage), will the knock back be the same as if I were to simply back air the DK at 999% damage instead?

I feel like this question is kind of dumb, sorry. :ohwell:

mixa

Banned via Warnings
well his samus shieldbreak wasn't legit sooo

also, if by legit we mean = TAS, then meh - i remember seeing some ridiculous stuff with (J) dk
if by legit we mean = that connected/can connect in a match, then it's more fun

mariguas did one with pika on dext3r

Last edited:

Chaostatic

Smash Apprentice
Omg that reverse back air to prevent him from slipping off… so beautiful.

In any case, I'm going to try my luck with the TAS ones. Wish me luck!

Thanks for linking that channel, Sangoku. It's pretty useful.

Sangoku

Smash Master
mixa I don't get it. You complain about House's because they're not legit, then you link to a non-legit one too.

By the way, I am aware that these TAS shieldbreak are impractical because they are too hard, but there aren't so many legit shieldbreaks. Most of the time, the opponent is just keeping his shield up anyway.

mixa

Banned via Warnings
mixa I don't get it. You complain about House's because they're not legit, then you link to a non-legit one too.
the difference is that House's shieldbreaks are meant to be legit. sure you could argue nowhere in the video it says TAS, but come on. it's clearly TAS.

Most of the time, the opponent is just keeping his shield up anyway.
yeah. that's why I made the distinction in the beginning:
if by legit we mean = TAS, then meh
if by legit we mean = that connected/can connect in a match, then it's more fun

the guy posts videos that people see as 'legit shieldbreaks'. it's less me complaining and more me pointing out that it does not work. people see that and try to do it in real time (I did, Chaostatic probably did)

Last edited:

The Star King

Smash Hero
the thing about House's shieldbreaks are that they're all on flat ground. I've always wondered if say, Falcon or Link could shieldbreak someone shielding on a platform. Seems plausible.

Last edited:

ToastRider

Smash Rookie
okay cool so its not uncommon
is there any way to calibrate my mayflash to work with a hori because the analog stick goes crazy when i tried
or do i just need to buy a raphnet adapter

ToastRider

Smash Rookie
alright ty

So I bought new sticks for my n64 controllers about a month or two ago. And now like all 3 of them have the problem where it thinks it's tilted left ever so slightly.
This is a nightmare on the select screens and even for playing ssb (especially racing or fps or loz games).
My questions would be: did I buy ****ty sticks? Did I install them poorly? Is there a simple fix? What are the best quality sticks out there?

Thanks guys
in my experience 3rd party sticks suck ass 100% of the time so the only solution is to buy original n64 controllers.

Last edited by a moderator:

Madao

Is there a way to play krec files in mupen-rr? I'd like to analyze button inputs :) .

Madao

Well... So much for that lol. I tried seeing if I could play krec files on 1964 (since it has kailera), and it doesn't work. You can only play krec on the same emulator it was recorded on. Idk where I can find documentation on the krec file format, so I'm not sure if I will even be able to convert it. Since I cannot even do this simple task, I will just have to manually pause the emulator to analyze inputs. A rewind feature would be awesome too.

Mupen64rr is open source so someone could port kailera to it and krecs would work (either if the recorder used mupen64rr or if there's a way to convert other krec files).

Top Bottom