• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Question, Get an Answer Thread~[Read Before Asking a Question]

Madao

Would it be possible to make a cheat that removes walls resetting the Training Mode combo meter?
810E71E0 2400
81141C54 2400
Seem to work fine. If there's any side effects, let me know. I tested in Hyrule.

Time for me to collect more data on in game stats :) . I wish I could get the counter counter program working. I want to see how it works. At the very least, does anyone have a video showing the combo counter? I'm curious if the number resets like it does in training mode.

Edit: Just found the combo counter variable in VS Mode! Now I need to figure out how to display it (I'll prolly end up using an external program).

Last edited:

The Star King

Smash Hero
This seems to make the combo counter never reset, period. Did I do something wrong?

EDIT: OK it's being weird. If you attack a missed tech, that seems to always continue the combo. But if they just escape hitstun in the air and then you hit them, it seems to sometimes reset. Seems like if you do hit -> wallbounce -> hit -> they escape hitstun -> hit, it doesn't reset during the "escape hitstun", but if you do hit -> escape hitstun -> hit from the get-go, it does reset. Or something.

Also if I bthrow Falcon off the stage, and he tries to recover, and I hit him out of his up-b, it would count that as a 2 hit combo although that's obviously not.

Also I fireflower him, stop, fireflower him again, all one combo.

EDIT2: All of these circumstances seem inconsistent. Sometimes it does reset. Basically idk wtf is going on. It breaks the combo counter somehow.

Last edited:

THE_MAAFIA

Smash Ace
Has any one successfully created a "New" Character from hacking the game? Kinda like how project M has Roy and Mewtwo? If yes, is there a YouTube vid of it? :) thanks

M!nt

Smash Champion
^I don't think so, people have gotten swapped move sets and I think someone added falcons fair from melee and other weird attacks, but noone atleast to my knowledge has made a "new" character

So, is there a tier list listed somewhere since the hyrule ban?

Madao

This seems to make the combo counter never reset, period. Did I do something wrong?

EDIT: OK it's being weird. If you attack a missed tech, that seems to always continue the combo. But if they just escape hitstun in the air and then you hit them, it seems to sometimes reset. Seems like if you do hit -> wallbounce -> hit -> they escape hitstun -> hit, it doesn't reset during the "escape hitstun", but if you do hit -> escape hitstun -> hit from the get-go, it does reset. Or something.

Also if I bthrow Falcon off the stage, and he tries to recover, and I hit him out of his up-b, it would count that as a 2 hit combo although that's obviously not.

Also I fireflower him, stop, fireflower him again, all one combo.

EDIT2: All of these circumstances seem inconsistent. Sometimes it does reset. Basically idk wtf is going on. It breaks the combo counter somehow.
Alright, I will go ahead and check some of these scenarios out. From what I've seen, combo's reset once the enemy's hitstun count reaches 0 (even with the code on). I did not try out grabs while the code was on. Hopefully I can find a fix for some of these scenarios.

I just tested and it seems to work fine until you grab or use fire flower. Sometimes the combo counter won't reset after certain combo's either. Hopefully I can find a fix for this.

Last edited:

M!nt

Smash Champion
They are different characters, a lot is different between them. Mario is better than luigi because luigi has worse fireballs, he's slow, floaty and easier to combo. His upb is worse for recovering. Also various different damage and knockback between attacks.

Speaking of which is there a thread somewhere that has all the damage %'s of every characters attacks and also which attacks have fixed knockback? Is the stuff on ssbwiki accurate?

Last edited:

The Star King

Smash Hero
which attacks have fixed knockback?
Tell me if I missed any.

All get-up attacks
All ledge attacks

Luigi:
Dash Attack
D-Air
Weak Up-B
Taunt

Mario:
D-Air
Down-B
All but last hit of Up-B

Donkey Kong (F-Throw grab release isn't constant lol):
Dash Attack
Up-B
Down-B

Link:
First two hits of U-Smash

Samus:
U-Air
Up-B

Falcon:
None

Ness (his D-Tilt causes people to fall at like 900%+ lol):
All hits of Neutral-B but the initial

Yoshi:
U-Tilt
D-Tilt
Neutral-B (If that counts)
Down-B landing stars

Kirby:
U-Air
All but last aerial hit of F-Air
Landing hit of F-Air/N-Air/D-Air
Neutral-B copy/spit-out/release (if those count)
Rising and falling hit of Up-B (not the shockwave)
Fox's Neutral-B
All hits of Ness's Neutral-B but the initial
Yoshi's Neutral-B

Fox:
Down-angled F-Tilt
First hit U-Air
D-Air
Neutral-B
Down-B

Pikachu:
F-Air (Not the uncanceled landing hit)

Jigglypuff:
D-Air (Not the uncanceled landing hit)

Madao

Speaking of which is there a thread somewhere that has all the damage %'s of every characters attacks?
I made a damage list of every single attack (except for throwing collision) and put it in my calculator zip file that I uploaded. You can find it here http://smashboards.com/threads/compilation-of-technical-frame-data.325142/ . Also if you want in depth data on movesets, check out http://smashboards.com/threads/moveset-data-thread-chart-updated-dec-04-12.329221/ . If only it was updated :( . It's missing throw data and projectile data.

M!nt

Smash Champion
So a lot of attacks I'm getting different damage for than both madaos calculator files and aa's gamefaqs guide. Like for luigi's bair I'm getting 16%, but for madaos files it says it's 10% and aa's guide says it's 9-12%. Am I doing something wrong?

M!nt

Smash Champion
What do you mean by distance? It does 24% consistently, but then randomly it will do 25% or 26%, but I didn't do anything different.

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
aren't the percents more likely to change based on what hitbox in the move you connect with?

ie pika's thunder - disjointed bolt vs electroshock field of death

Madao

So a lot of attacks I'm getting different damage for than both madaos calculator files and aa's gamefaqs guide. Like for luigi's bair I'm getting 16%, but for madaos files it says it's 10% and aa's guide says it's 9-12%. Am I doing something wrong?
Lol sorry I must have accidently deleted the strong hitbox for Luigi's bair. The strong hitbox is 16%, the weak one is 10%. I will reupload calc shortly after double checking each character. From now on, I should programatically generate data instead of writing by hand ;/ . Even if it takes longer, at least I'm less likely to make a mistake.
aren't the percents more likely to change based on what hitbox in the move you connect with?
Yes. It's all about which hitbox touches the opponent, the opponent's player state, your player state (for throws), and also your staleness.

This is why I recommend you guys take a look at Toomai's spreadsheet. It will help you understand moveset data a lot. Maybe I'll see if I could add collision damage of throws.

Edit: Looks like I made quite a few errors :( . There was a command called change hitbox damage, that I didn't pay attention to before. I ended up fixing Jigglypuff, Kirby, Luigi, Mario, Ness, Pikachu, and Yoshi. Maybe this week I will complete the list. I updated the zip file now.

Last edited:

Compatible

Smash Cadet
So for whatever reason I was experiencing a lot of lag playing online at the later hours of the day (EST). I forget who, but someone mentioned to change the compatibility mode of Project64k, and now I don't lag at all. (Before I did this I wouldn't even be able to play at these hours, my typical ping would be around 23-24 during the day and upwards of 45+ with lag spikes frequently occuring).

So, wondering more about this I mentioned it to TR3G Blue Suit who 100% of the time would instantly drop packets on the FU Server when the game started, and once he made the change he didn't drop until about 3-4mins into our first match.

Now I have no clue why or what this does, but I wanted to share if anyone is experience these problems and if anyone with more IT knowledge could shed some light for everyone on this it would be great.

But this is what I did:

Right click Project64k Application and select Properties
Clicked Compability tab
Check Run this program in Compability Mode
And Selected drop down option WIndows XP (Service Pack 3) ***(also curious if any other options are better performing than Service Pack 3)
Hit apply and reloaded Project64k

Last edited:

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
what are the different things between Mario and Luigi?
I think that Ceasar might be the best person to ask here about Mario and maybe Ybombb about Luigi if he goes on here still. You can generally tell by the character guides In our 64 sub-sub forums in the well Mario and Luigi topic.

In general: Mario is less floaty which makes his shield pressure a lot better. Mario kills with up smash or forward/back aerial. Mario has a much better projectile (probably 2nd best outside of Fox's laser or maybe 3rd after a Samuis charge shot. Luigi kills with up b or down b.

Both of them have some of the only semi-good recoveries in the game.

Mario is high tier due to these reasons, mostly his pressure and gimping qualities (going off the stage and d-airing is quite useful vs. most of the cast. Luigi is borderline bottom (due to bad laggy combo starters, as down air can be gotten out of by DI, and a much worse pressure due to his floatiness.)

Luigi is broken vs. Jiggs and Samus though (as in Luigi is only good vs. other semi-bad/floaty characters.) Being floaty is good in later games.....................just not this one.

Last edited:

M!nt

Smash Champion
So for whatever reason I was experiencing a lot of lag playing online at the later hours of the day (EST). I forget who, but someone mentioned to change the compatibility mode of Project64k, and now I don't lag at all. (Before I did this I wouldn't even be able to play at these hours, my typical ping would be around 23-24 during the day and upwards of 45+ with lag spikes frequently occuring).

So, wondering more about this I mentioned it to TR3G Blue Suit who 100% of the time would instantly drop packets on the FU Server when the game started, and once he made the change he didn't drop until about 3-4mins into our first match.

Now I have no clue why or what this does, but I wanted to share if anyone is experience these problems and if anyone with more IT knowledge could shed some light for everyone on this it would be great.

But this is what I did:

Clicked Compability tab
And Selected drop down option WIndows XP (Service Pack 3) ***(also curious if any other options are better performing than Service Pack 3)
Are you using pj64kve or k7e? or are you using regular pj64k?

rjgbadger

Banned via Warnings

But this is what I did:

Clicked Compability tab
It wasn't Blue Suit it was actually me(I was under TR3G| Orange Suit, or TR3G | Safari Suit). LOL

Changing the compatibility mode worked for the very first match, where we had my FedEx problem about 3 or so minutes in, as opposed to the usual FedEx at the char select screen. Afterward, every attempt I made with a different compatibility mode did not yield any positive results, and instead went back to the CS screen DS.

I figure there must be a reason that the DS occurs, and I've tried several times with people to diagnose the problem and fix it, but so far I've only been able to learn these things:

• instant-Fedex(Desync from packet loss) occurs mostly to ping values above 60ms. I've tested with others and when I spoof lower than about 60ms, the instant DS goes away(though we do lag because of the frame-spoofing) and I am able to play.
  • The issue only(mostly?) happens when players are on LAN connection. I've not heard this issue occur in other connection types.
It would be great if this issue was solvable, but I'm afraid I'm not nearly a cool enough kid to do anything but be the test dummy towards fixing the issue T_T

Compatible

Smash Cadet
Are you using pj64kve or k7e? or are you using regular pj64k?
Regular PJ64k

It wasn't Blue Suit it was actually me(I was under TR3G| Orange Suit, or TR3G | Safari Suit). LOL

Changing the compatibility mode worked for the very first match, where we had my FedEx problem about 3 or so minutes in, as opposed to the usual FedEx at the char select screen. Afterward, every attempt I made with a different compatibility mode did not yield any positive results, and instead went back to the CS screen DS.

I figure there must be a reason that the DS occurs, and I've tried several times with people to diagnose the problem and fix it, but so far I've only been able to learn these things:

• instant-Fedex(Desync from packet loss) occurs mostly to ping values above 60ms. I've tested with others and when I spoof lower than about 60ms, the instant DS goes away(though we do lag because of the frame-spoofing) and I am able to play.
  • The issue only(mostly?) happens when players are on LAN connection. I've not heard this issue occur in other connection types.
It would be great if this issue was solvable, but I'm afraid I'm not nearly a cool enough kid to do anything but be the test dummy towards fixing the issue T_T
Haha yea I figured I mixed you up, and sorry to hear it didn't yield any more positive results.

rpotts

Smash Lord
You can cover missed tech, tech left and tech in place but tech right would get out. You'd have already dashed off the platform as he was teching, the only reason you followed it up is because you knew where "he" was going.
He could buffer shield on wakeup so if you dashed over and upsmash or upair'd he's slide off and bair you or something.

Last edited:

The Star King

Smash Hero
You can cover missed tech, tech left and tech in place but tech right would get out. You'd have already dashed off the platform as he was teching, the only reason you followed it up is because you knew where "he" was going.
He could buffer shield on wakeup so if you dashed over and upsmash or upair'd he's slide off and bair you or something.
I think the point is to react.

Anyway, it might be feasible but if it's a borderline, not too easy to react to sort of thing, personally I would go for a clean combo rather than a techchase. I mean, it's Falcon on Falcon, not like he'll have difficulty doing it.

Last edited:

mixa

Banned via Warnings
The goal isn't to win, so I'm not looking for clean kills.

I think if I can land here (which is the same position you'd want to platform tech-chase with Samus, btw) reacting is possible.

edit: staying on the middle of the platform is good too, you cover left/center with shield drop nair and right with shield drop bair. and it's easier to position yourself

Last edited:

rpotts

Smash Lord
I think the point is to react.

Anyway, it might be feasible but if it's a borderline, not too easy to react to sort of thing, personally I would go for a clean combo rather than a techchase. I mean, it's Falcon on Falcon, not like he'll have difficulty doing it.
He'd already dashed off the platform for the first 3 before/as Falcon techs.

He could have just waited in place and reacted to all 4 options, but I don't think you can react quickly without a solid read to do that consistently, and as you pointed out, you can just true combo him almost all of the time anyway.

Herbert Von Karajan

Smash Lord
It's just the ****ty FU server forcing people to use Exc unless they want to drop packets.
Boom told me it happens after about 18 minutes on LAN.

To me that means that the message protocol they use to send frame data uses a 16 bit integer as a counter... { 2^16 / (60*60) = 18.2 }. Why don't they just change it to a 24 o 32 bit integer? heck, you could do an hour with just 2 more bits lol

Top Bottom