• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Asian ppl ftw

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Yeah, I figured the footstool naner lock could be done with pretty much anyone on anyone else. You guys just have the fortune of easier setups since you'll always have the two bananas.

What makes me super sad is that the naners do more damage than Wario's dthrow, rofl.

ADHD

Smash Hero
Yeah, I figured the footstool naner lock could be done with pretty much anyone on anyone else. You guys just have the fortune of easier setups since you'll always have the two bananas.

What makes me super sad is that the naners do more damage than Wario's dthrow, rofl.
They actually decay to 1%. It's a long and humiliating infinite.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
not hard at all. making setups for it is the only real difficulty.

sai_:)

Smash Ace
It might look escapable but thats just because the footstool animation looks so subtle. but as the opponent is being foot stooled they cant move for a long enough time in which you can just throw the banana again. rinse and repeat

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
None of you guys understand how terrible this has made playing as or against Diddy.

I'm subscribe to the account so I saw that vid yesterday. I tried it and from what I found it works FOR AND ON EVERY CHARACTER.

And no, this isn't escapable. This is a legitimate infinite.

Playing Diddy as he was played before will be obsolete. Matches including him are going to revolve around nothing but this. Hell, most characters set up for this easily (Diddy especially)

It's just gay to another level

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
I (in all caps...doesn't look different, huh?) can do this. I can even set it up from a normal forward glidetoss.

If I can do it, anyone with half decent tech skill should have the perfected in no time. God I hope something is figured out that let's everyone get out. I hate bananas as is... :/

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
i guess you could say the bat has a thing for birds

sorry DIDDY KONG

OP did you try it with the CPU set to "walking"

Duskshadow

Smash Apprentice
There might be a way out of this. It just looks like there is too much room for error with this technique, and a person might be able to tech out of the lock.

sai_:)

Smash Ace
Woaaaaaaaaah that's a bad avatar. also how is this going to go over for tournament play?

ADHD

Smash Hero
Woaaaaaaaaah that's a bad avatar. also how is this going to go over for tournament play?
You have no idea how funny it is when people get creeped out by it lolol.

This won't really change much, it's kind of rare and situational. It's not anything like the ice climbers. I suspect this works on all characters that are short with small tripping animations but it's not hinted in the vid that it works on pikachu, wario, or g&w either.

Luigi player

Smash Master
I still cant do this, how exactly do i do it? i cant seem to control which direction i make the opponent trip
The opponents trips to the direction he's facing... although you can still control it by moving a bit to the left/right after the footstool/before you throw the banana down.

I can already do it in one direction, but I still need to train turning around... (I tried it with a cpu set to walk, it WORKS (for those who said it doesn't))

This is also a nice KO setup. I like to do the first 2 footstools, then throw the banana down, then instant throw it down another time, then dsmash ('cuz is looks cool). Although it's a pain in the *** to footstool-stun someone in the first place...

Corrupted

Smash Journeyman
The ff to z-catch part is the hardest.

This isn't getting hyped enough.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
ANYTHING> footstool > cstick throw banana down> Zcatch FF> footstool (while opponent in trip animation)> c stick throw banana down> airdodge catch FF> sh footstool> REPEAT...EASY AS ****

Top Bottom