• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ashley for SSBB Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Yea unfortunently I was a guest so they I was challeging random people, I do like to see what the privte rooms were like, I think someone youtube it or something.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Since everyone bragged about being in E for All, I can't say what you already know, but they did have a The Subspace Emissary demo at the time and Kirby changed on is speedy attacks. Oh yea, Fox may be lower tier now, his fast fall is gone, his up air and his up smash doesn't kill like it use to.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Finally, IGN understands how important Ashley is, but I hope she is not an AT. Micaiah is also a good choice, but more for Ashley.

MegatronPwnsYou

Smash Lord
Yeah, they owe us a character confirmation next week for sure, I mean c'mon at least a Veteran, how many weeks are there left until the game is out?

Note: Cannot wait for that goulish updateXDDDD

Stado

Smash Apprentice
Oh and on the Ashley side everyone check out this Smash It Up article by IGN Masters Of Illusion 13 Days of Halloween!

http://wii.ign.com/articles/828/828675p1.html
Cool. Even IGN admits that Ashley would be a reasonable addition to Brawl, 'though I'm sure we'd all prefer to see her in a more playable form rather than, as suggested, an assist trophy.

Oh, and they even mentioned Vaati. Woot! He's my number one most wanted character for Brawl, but then I'm not so delusional as all that to be believe that he will make it into Brawl in any form.

Ashley and Vaati for Brawl! We need more magic users!

RWB

Smash Ace
I just beat my own record of 50 in Ashleys Smooth moves mode. Now, it's 68. ^^

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
Wow! nice thatr IGFn talked about ashley! Halloween halloween !!! its oficial i think we will get something on haloween which definitely tell us about her fate.

Ill predict for sure "Ashley´s Mansion" as a stage for Brawl!. It must be it becuse of the song.

Just lets hope that ashley will BE NOT singing the song in the background!

Neko Godot

Smash Cadet
Well, I just recently picked up WarioWare Touched, and I've been playing Ashley's level A LOT! <3

metalx42

Smash Rookie
no chance of an apperance as a playable character but she'll be an assist the game she was in was not based around her and if she was not in it it would have been the same she was not a main or vital character if she becomes a charocter every other wario ware one would be too

metalx42

Smash Rookie
im not anti ashly i think shed be a great playable character i just have little faith sakurai when it comes to putting a non-main character from a game in if wario was given a partner it would most likely be waluigi before ashly but she would be an awesome character for brawl.

Dragonblood21

Smash Journeyman
im not anti ashly i think shed be a great playable character i just have little faith sakurai when it comes to putting a non-main character from a game in if wario was given a partner it would most likely be waluigi before ashly but she would be an awesome character for brawl.
Okay, because your not anti-Ashley, I'll give you a fair argument.

Waluigi has a much, much lower chance than Ashley of getting in, for obvious reasons that I'm surprised you don't see for yourself, but I will point some out for you.

A) Waluigi is part of the Mario series, a series that already has many representatives as it is, not to mention there are STILL more deserving representatives.
B) Wauigi is not nearly as popular as Ashley (especially in Japan), Ashley is much more liked.
C) Ashley is a female, this game lacks female characters.
D) Ashley is from the Warioware series, a series that Nintendo is trying to promote, and adding in another Warioware character (aside from just Wario) would promote the series, thus more sales of Warioware games, Nintendo is happier.
E) Ashley is one of the characters that is predicted to appear on the Japanese fan site, she is on the main page along with other very popular characters people wish to see on Brawl, Waluigi is not.
F) Ashley would have a more unique move set than Waluigi, being a spell caster, something this game lacks, as well as someone who uses a pet, she will be much different than any other SSBB fighter yet.

In my opinion Waluigi has little to no chance of getting in Brawl, not to mention he's downright hated by many SSB fans. Ashley however, think about it, she stands quite a chance.

metalx42

Smash Rookie
ok maybe waluigi is less likely and ashly is more liked by fans but being liked by fans doesnt mean shell be in and the moveset would be too complicated as ashly doesnt have that much of a personality in the game if u can write me a moveset i will admit she stands a chance but shes never faught in any game only appeared u wouldnt base a movest on a characters personallity u base it on gameplay which would be very difficult.there are a lot more characters more deserving than ashly like wolf ridly and king deedee we need to try and get those who missed out in melee and are classic into brawl not just a fresh face who wont play as good as them and is just loved for personallity.

Dragonblood21

Smash Journeyman
as ashly doesnt have that much of a personality
Not many Nintendo characters have in depth personalities, in fact, Ashley as the more in depth personality than many of the characters already in Brawl. Don't believe me? Give the Mario's personality, or better yet, Pokemon trainer, I bet you can't.

in the game if u can write me a moveset i will admit she stands a chance
Funny you should say this...

Ashley's move list and animations By: Dragon

Miscellaneous:

Jump: A small hop forward, almost like a giant skip.

2nd Jump: Ashley flips forward (or backwards, depending on the way you travel) and there is a slight magical affect, hinting she used magic to give herself a slight boost up.

Taunt: Ashley spins her wand around while singing a random two lines of her song (in her own voice).

Ground A moves

Ground A: Ashley does a small smach with her wand.
Ground AA: Ashley bring the wand the opposite way to hit you with it again.
Ground AAA: Ashley hits you with the want in a uppercut motion. There is a small magical explosion that knocks backwards.

Down A: Ashley stomps hard on the opponents foot. The opponent makes a small animation of the person’s foot being in pain. (I just think this fits her SO well, and would be some comic relief)

Forward A: Ashley swings her wand with a fairly long range, and a small magical explosion equal to her ground AAA happens. However this swing is much slower in frame rate than the ground AAA.

Up A: Ashley swings upward with her wand and a dark trail is left behind the swing of the wand for a very short period of time. Anyone who is hit by the wand or touches the dark trail is damage and knocked back(except Ashley).

Aerial A moves

Air A: Ashley does a spin in mid-air with her sticking out. The wand leaves a small trail behind it. Anyone who gets hit by her wand or the trail is damaged and knocked back.

Forward air A: Ashley Does a double kick that can knock you a quite a distance!

Back air A: Ashley does a kick behind her, that is not as affective as her Forward air A, but can still knock you back.

Down air A: Ashley points the wand downwards to summon lightning down underneath her, the shocks enemies right underneath her, doing massive damage, or blasts back enemies near it, doing moderate damage.

Up air A: Ashley points the wand upwards and creates a magical explosion at the tip. The force of the explosion hurts enemies, but the wave of the explosion sends her back towards the ground faster, Ashley is slightly stunned when hitting the ground, but no actual damage is done.

Special B moves

B: Fireball/Red
This move, depending on how it is charged depends on what it does.
Tapping B: Ashley uses her want to shoot small fire balls at a fast rate forward.
Charged B: Ashley charges her wand and a fire aura forms around it. When you release it, a large homing fire ball is shot. The more you charge it, the larger the fireball and the better the homing.
Max Charged B: Ashley will point her wand at the sky, and a red fire beam will shoot from the top of the screen, down in front of her, and Red will be summoned! Red can do normal attack with his pitchfork and fire small fire balls. He lasts for 1 minute.

Forward B: Bouncing skull
Ashley Charges her wand (you control how long the charge is) to launch a fairly large shadow skull. The skull bounces towards the enemy, and may be triggered with Forward B to activate. On activation, the skull first implodes, sucking nearby enemies further into it, and then explodes. Charging the spell for longer makes the skull travel faster, a fully charged skull goes perfectly straight, no bouncing. The charge is .75 seconds to 2.5 seconds. (minimum to maximum).

Down B: Black hole
Ashley holds out her wand in front of her for defense. A small black whole forms around the wand and any projectiles that are launched at her are sucked into the black hole. You may hold this down for up to 3 secondds of defense, placed on a 10 second cool down. The projectiles that were shot at her are now stored in her wand, and at any time you may fire all the projectiles at once that were stored back at a enemy using Down B. Only 5 projectiles can be stored, and they will be the last 5 shot. You cannot use Black hole if there are already items stored.

Up B: Summon Broomstick
If Ashley is already in the air, she summons a broomstick right underneath her, and rides on it. If Ashley is on the ground, she will summon the broomstick in front of her, get on it quickly and kick off, anyone in front of the broomstick while it is ascending is hit. The broomstick allows her to glide. She has a few thing while on the broomstick as well:

Forward A: She jolts the broomstick forward and it gets a short speed boost.

Up A: She does a small hop while in the air, similar to what Mario does when he uses his cap to glide.

Down A: She jumps off the broom and turn the broom into a anvil, smashing anyone who was underneath her broom.

Smashes

Forward smash: Ashley creates a shadow beam in front of her. The shadow beam has terrible range but however can go further distances when charged more.

Up smash: Ashley Creates a small dark portal above her head, anyone who is near it are damaged over time (aside from Ashley) the portal explodes when it is finished (lasts about 2 seconds). The longer it is charged, the better the more damage the portal does.

Down smash: Ashley points the wand at the ground directly above her, creating a fire wave. The longer the charge, the further the fire wave can travel and the larger it is.

Throwing

Grab: Ashley points the wand forward and pulls the wand towards her, looks almost like she is using a rope, and your are pulled towards her (by magic, of course).

Pressing A while grabbing: Ashley clubs you over the head with her wand (like the foot stomp, this is added for comedy XD).

Up throw: Ashley throws you upwards, and nails you directly with a shadow beam (seen in her forward smash).

Forward throw: Ashley throws you forward at the same time performing a fire wave, causing you to get hit be by the wave as you were about to hit the ground.

Down throw: Ashley jumps up and throws you on the floor, then shock you with lightning a lightning bolt, similar to her Down A air.

Final Smash:

The hell portal “I shall grant you to hell!”

Yup, the hell portal. I thought this would be a nice final smash for her because of the “I will grant kids to hell” thing in Warioware. Ashley summons a very large lava-like portal in front of her. All characters are able to be sucked into the portal except for Ashley. The portal has a huge range, so you have to be very far away from the hell portal for it to not draw you in. The closer you are, the stronger the pull is. Once you are in the portal you suffer damage over time, FAST. After being in the portal for about 5 or so seconds, it spits you out in any random direction. How far it spits you out depends on the damage you have on you. The portal lasts for 20 seconds.
.there are a lot more characters more deserving than ashly like wolf ridly and king deedee we need to try and get those who missed out in melee and are classic into brawl not just a fresh face who wont play as good as them and is just loved for personallity.
We were talking chances to get in over Waluigi, not other characters, and Wolf was already de-confirmed, bad example. And saying other characters are more deserving does not mean any other character has a lower chances of getting in when your talking about someone from a completely different series, with completely different reasons, and a completely different fighting style.

So I know, you may ask "Well then why did you make my comment about Waluigi?! You hypocrite!". No, as you were comparing two characters saying which has a better chance of maybe getting in. I did not say Waluigi can't get in, I said Ashley has a better chance, they may both get in, they may both not, I do not know, but what I do know is that Ashley stands more of a chance. My opinion is that Waluigi has almost no chance, but this stretches no further than just that, my opinion.

metalx42

Smash Rookie
i thought of waluigi of the op of my head and that is a bad example i see from your moveeset she does have potential and i apologize for a lot of things but it is not our choice on who goes in the chances are there will only be one more wario ware character to be added as it is a new game franchise added to the bsmash bros sereis i just dont think that sakurai will see her as a must play character and will be an assist that is my opinion on the mater and ill take this no further.

Dragonblood21

Smash Journeyman
Allrighty, as long as you see that this character has a potential and has a chance, my job here is done ^_^.

Besides, it's like, 5 AM here, I gotta go to sleep >_>.

Edit: Apologies accepted. Believe me, the more you look into this girl, the more you love her.

Maggirus

Smash Journeyman
*SPOILER* Subspace Emissary *SPOILER*
What happens with the princess you didn't rescue?
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/26687.html

OK, Wario take the princess.......

My idea:
Wario is working for Ashley. She needs new friends....

OK, Wario want to have a lot of money for Zelda/Peach, but Ashley don't want to pay. So she is kicking out Wario.

Pairs: Zelda/Peach - Ashley
Wario - Luigi (want to clear Ashley's mainson)

metalx42

Smash Rookie
the wario stealing a princess is most likely some ransom plot since there princesses either that or he is working against mario with the embassador but the ashly plot ideas good and could work even if ashly isnt playable as she could be a boss or just appear in a video

xianfeng

Smash Hero
I dislike Ashley (mainly because I dislike what Wario Ware did to Wario and because I dislike "gothics" in general) but now that her song is in I think she might actually have a chance of being in. Which sucks for me because I prefer Captain Syrup or even Mona...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom