• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ashley for SSBB Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DemonicDragon

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, Ashley definetly deserves to be in brawl for 2 good reasons. I never played warioware though.
1.Shes a girl and nintendo rosters of females/male in terribly unbalanced.
2.Shes a mage, need I say more?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Yeah, Ashley definetly deserves to be in brawl for 2 good reasons. I never played warioware though.
1.Shes a girl and nintendo rosters of females/male in terribly unbalanced.
2.Shes a mage, need I say more?
However neither of those are reasons why she should be in...you shouldn't add a female for the sake of adding a female unless she is truly deserving...

Maggirus

Smash Journeyman
They're many female magic using characters.

Hmm, I don't know why Ashley SHOULD be a playable character.
Well, she would have an awesome moveset including Red which would be unique.

So... and Sakurai says it's boring to include only popular characters.

Maggirus

DemonicDragon

Smash Apprentice
However neither of those are reasons why she should be in...you shouldn't add a female for the sake of adding a female unless she is truly deserving...
Heh, thats pretty funny considering a lot of male characters don't deserve to be in but have automatically in because of overwhelming popularity . Brawl lacks any magic-type chars except maybe ness or mewtwo but techinically their both physic they have no true magic. but lets not argue on that. You honestly think that nintendo adding more characters is just because they think they should be brawl, of course not nintendo needs to put more chars in because people expect it to better than melee in every way possible. Using new hype or classic chars is a great way to attract more customers.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Heh, thats pretty funny considering a lot of male characters don't deserve to be in but have automatically in because of overwhelming popularity . Brawl lacks any magic-type chars except maybe ness or mewtwo but techinically their both physic they have no true magic. but lets not argue on that.
The point is, your reasoning didn't make her unique to other characters she would compete with...She's not the only magic using female...and one already is IN Brawl

...and what male characters in Brawl or whatever don't deserve...

and what is your definition of deserve?

DemonicDragon

Smash Apprentice
The point is, your reasoning didn't make her unique to other characters she would compete with...She's not the only magic using female...and one already is IN Brawl

...and what male characters in Brawl or whatever don't deserve...

and what is your definition of deserve?
All of Zelda attacks are short ranged,duh. I can't think of any other mages that are nintendo characters. Deserving, good question. Any char that is a true legend in nintendo, last the tests of time and it still liked even after the hype is gone and the char no longer used. pokemon are aren't cool their just HYPE they don't deserve a spot.

Dragonblood21

Smash Journeyman
@ PsychoIncarnate

Sakurai himself said he doesn't want to add in only characters that are popular, he finds this boring, so this statement in itself opens up possibilities for ANY Nintendo character that has not been de-confirmed.

Therefor, us people here in this thread support Ashley for Brawl because we believe she will be a good edition towards the game and that we would love to play as her.

There are these things called opinions you know, and our opinion is that she deserves to be Brawl for whatever our reasons are. If you don't support her, you don't have to understand, just like many people wouldn't understand the characters in your signature and why you want them in Brawl.

Now I'm not saying you don't support her, I'm saying that people have their own reasons and own opinions for people who should get into Brawl. Even if it doesn't make sense to you, it makes sense to them because they like the character more.

RWB

Smash Ace
I rather see her deconfirmed/confirmed earlier than later.

DemonicDragon

Smash Apprentice
@ PsychoIncarnate

Sakurai himself said he doesn't want to add in only characters that are popular, he finds this boring, so this statement in itself opens up possibilities for ANY Nintendo character that has not been de-confirmed.

Therefor, us people here in this thread support Ashley for Brawl because we believe she will be a good edition towards the game and that we would love to play as her.

There are these things called opinions you know, and our opinion is that she deserves to be Brawl for whatever our reasons are. If you don't support her, you don't have to understand, just like many people wouldn't understand the characters in your signature and why you want them in Brawl.

Now I'm not saying you don't support her, I'm saying that people have their own reasons and own opinions for people who should get into Brawl. Even if it doesn't make sense to you, it makes sense to them because they like the character more.
Listen dude, I respect all your opinion and totally support Ashley for brawl, the only reason why my stand point is kind of bland is because I haven't played warioware.

Dragonblood21

Smash Journeyman
No one besides Wario should represent the Wario franchise. End of story.
The logic and understanding in this post just completely converted me into thinking maybe Ashley shouldn't be in the game because of all these reasons just make so much sense!

.... Except not really.

Dragonblood21

Smash Journeyman
Yes! This thread shall live on until Ashley's confirmation! (Or de-confirmation T_T).

This thread is just simply invincible =D.

Dragonblood21

Smash Journeyman

He's in an unconfirmed stage... Before hand there was a dead tree and its foggy with a moon out... Maybe it's Ashley's mansion!
I really hope so. If she gets her own theme song, stage, and is a playable character I will freak out. By the way, is there a video that shows that? Or more pictures? If so can I get a link?

And nice drawing RWB! She looks really good! Your quite talented.

I really hope so. If she gets her own theme song, stage, and is a playable character I will freak out. By the way, is there a video that shows that? Or more pictures? If so can I get a link?

And nice drawing RWB! She looks really good! Your quite talented.
Its the Fall 2007 movie... Umm here's a link: http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/info/info02.html

Also here's another topic!

If Ashley was confirmed and she had a video like sonic and snake what do you think it would be about?

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
Most of the time i see this thread of " XXXX for brawl" and im almost always like " meh this guys dont think? its almost impossible for this char to be there".

Some days ago i saw the songs on the dojo of this mysterious char and went in some research to see who she was.

After analyzing her... i have to admit that this girl is THE character to be included in Brawl so most of you guys are indeed right.

Lets see the reasons..

1- Wario and his games seems to be destined to have more support from Nintendo in this console. It seems they want wario to gain more force as an indepedent character than just a Mario pseudo-nemesis.
We remember than years ago, they used a player called Roy because the simple of the fact that they wanted to market their incoming new FE game. As we all know... this is a lame excuse to add a player in a game which is supposedly for elite nintendo glorys, so in this circumstance, any player can get into Brawl.
But why things change with Ashley if the case would be the same with Roy?. Well, if they did this for a FE game which was far from stablished in that time... they could do this again for a Franchise like Wario´s which is gaining more and more fans on the Wii. This would help them not only to promote more gamers to purchase wario products(games) but also to stablish one of their new characters in the case of Ashley.

2-The fact that she have a song with 2 versions in Brawl points to a lot of speculation. It could mean everything but at the same could mean nothing. I higly doubt they will lose their time doing a song and even in two languages, for a asist trophy or just for fun. IMO is because she will be indeed a playable char. But also this could mean that she will be a enviromental hazard in one stage of Brawl or maybe she will be part of a minigame or something. Because of this i say the fatc of the song could be anything.

3-Her design is very very nice, even when is simple. Her girly look and her sadistic behavior just add more flavor to his personality which seems to be evry original in comparison woith the other Brawl characters.
Like pointed by some, she is a magic user but you can say "yeah also like zelda, and Krystal and etcetc" but the main difference in design is that she is always teamed with a tiny devil called RED if im not wrong, who transforms himself in a magic rod, just too cool to be ignored. This open a ****load of very good potential movesets and combinations of attack for ashley... just thinking about the possibilities which can be done with a morphing pal and a magic user makes me drool.

4- Like someone mentioned somewhere.... right now in some parts of the world... there is this trendy of rockers and pop stars (I.E. my chemical romance to name someone, and an endless horde of bands in japan) dressing like gothic dudes and dudettes. But, this trend is significantly huge in Japan. Ashley even when she is a cliche in some ways.. is the perfect one to use right now , as she simbolyzes the perfect mascot for teenager peeps and gals which are on this trend,...and of course are potential customers. If the marketing guys from nintendo are aware of this kind of details.-..she indeed have a chance.

In conclution, Ashley even when she is not a Nintendo all star.. is a character for the future. Reviving past glories is always good for the nostalgia, but reinvention and innovation is needed in any company to succeed and also we all know that Sakurai likes surprisses.

Post filled with win
Oh my gosh when i read the first few sentences and the size of the post i was about to go put on my debating goggles! Lol, but yeah you bring up great points about her inclusion in brawl. Also Zelda is soooo... like unmagical, all she does is punch with sparkles in her hands... That's so stupid. anywho... ASHLEY FOR TEH BRAWLZ!!!

Black/Light

Smash Master

He's in an unconfirmed stage... Before hand there was a dead tree and its foggy with a moon out... Maybe it's Ashley's mansion!
Humm, interesting find. Looks to detailed to be apart of the crazy things in Wario's goofy stage. http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/stages/stage10.html

So if it's not apart of that one stage than I would assume it's another stage. . . and I can't find one stage that becomes dark like that and looks like that so I take it that its a new stage.

If its a new stage than it must repersent something (maybe a character) thats creepy and/or dark. . .

Neko Godot

Smash Cadet
Oh my gosh when i read the first few sentences and the size of the post i was about to go put on my debating goggles! Lol, but yeah you bring up great points about her inclusion in brawl. Also Zelda is soooo... like unmagical, all she does is punch with sparkles in her hands... That's so stupid. anywho... ASHLEY FOR TEH BRAWLZ!!!
Zelda is the poor man's spellcaster XP

Dragonblood21

Smash Journeyman
Most of the time i see this thread of " XXXX for brawl" and im almost always like " meh this guys dont think? its almost impossible for this char to be there".

Some days ago i saw the songs on the dojo of this mysterious char and went in some research to see who she was.

After analyzing her... i have to admit that this girl is THE character to be included in Brawl so most of you guys are indeed right.

Lets see the reasons..

1- Wario and his games seems to be destined to have more support from Nintendo in this console. It seems they want wario to gain more force as an indepedent character than just a Mario pseudo-nemesis.
We remember than years ago, they used a player called Roy because the simple of the fact that they wanted to market their incoming new FE game. As we all know... this is a lame excuse to add a player in a game which is supposedly for elite nintendo glorys, so in this circumstance, any player can get into Brawl.
But why things change with Ashley if the case would be the same with Roy?. Well, if they did this for a FE game which was far from stablished in that time... they could do this again for a Franchise like Wario´s which is gaining more and more fans on the Wii. This would help them not only to promote more gamers to purchase wario products(games) but also to stablish one of their new characters in the case of Ashley.

2-The fact that she have a song with 2 versions in Brawl points to a lot of speculation. It could mean everything but at the same could mean nothing. I higly doubt they will lose their time doing a song and even in two languages, for a asist trophy or just for fun. IMO is because she will be indeed a playable char. But also this could mean that she will be a enviromental hazard in one stage of Brawl or maybe she will be part of a minigame or something. Because of this i say the fatc of the song could be anything.

3-Her design is very very nice, even when is simple. Her girly look and her sadistic behavior just add more flavor to his personality which seems to be evry original in comparison woith the other Brawl characters.
Like pointed by some, she is a magic user but you can say "yeah also like zelda, and Krystal and etcetc" but the main difference in design is that she is always teamed with a tiny devil called RED if im not wrong, who transforms himself in a magic rod, just too cool to be ignored. This open a ****load of very good potential movesets and combinations of attack for ashley... just thinking about the possibilities which can be done with a morphing pal and a magic user makes me drool.

4- Like someone mentioned somewhere.... right now in some parts of the world... there is this trendy of rockers and pop stars (I.E. my chemical romance to name someone, and an endless horde of bands in japan) dressing like gothic dudes and dudettes. But, this trend is significantly huge in Japan. Ashley even when she is a cliche in some ways.. is the perfect one to use right now , as she simbolyzes the perfect mascot for teenager peeps and gals which are on this trend,...and of course are potential customers. If the marketing guys from nintendo are aware of this kind of details.-..she indeed have a chance.

In conclution, Ashley even when she is not a Nintendo all star.. is a character for the future. Reviving past glories is always good for the nostalgia, but reinvention and innovation is needed in any company to succeed and also we all know that Sakurai likes surprisses.
It's always good to see another Ashley supporter here ^_^.

Wow, those are some really good reasons, some of them I didn't even think of myself, and they give me even more hope for this character being playable. Thanks for the awesome post and boost of confidence, props to you =).

Thank you for the link Megadio! I see what you mean now, that is definitely a unconfirmed dark stage. At first I thought it may have been part of Smashville, but then I realized those clouds are far too realistic looking, the clouds in Smashville are rather cartoonish. I'm keeping my hopes up for this being Ashley's stage ^_^.

Ashley for Brawl!!!!

Zelda is the poor man's spellcaster XP
Omg yes if she is confirmed i want her intro video thingy (like sonic and snake) to be her kicking the crap out of zelda

Unfortunately, that looks like the Ice Climber's stage. See the snow in the background?

Wish it was Ashley's Mansion. :chuckle:
That's actually fog or if you mean the little white things those are stars! I'll try to get a better capture of it, there's also a dead tree behind squirtle and in the ice climbers stage there is some of those aurora thingies and NO trees, woo hoo!

Her final smash should be that or Pantalones Giganticus.
Lol that's what i imagined for her final smash but it sounded funny so i changed it to Amplus Nemus... O: That'd be cool if she used Pantolones Giganticus on one of the players and they attacked the other people while they were controlled by an ai and did damage to themselves per second or something

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom