• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ashley for SSBB Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Viper, you know that technically Ashley is seventeen due to her being in WW Touch then Smooth Moves. :laugh:
Why do you taunt me so? She surprised me by being fithteen on the decription of WW Touch. Hmmmm...... why did you bring that up?

RWB

Smash Ace
BG singers: Everyone's most popular person in the world
Ashley: It's all about her.
All: ASHLEY!
BG singers: The great ASHLEY's magic is so supreme!
Ashley: It's a PARTY tonight!

Ashley=Badass

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519

Ashley=Badass
Yesssss!!!!!

RWB

Smash Ace
All: ASHLEY
BG singers: There are no impossibilities with the great ASHLEY
Ashley: Nothing is strong to me!

^_^

RWB

Smash Ace
BG singers: Everyone has an admiration throughout the world

Yeah, Ashleys song speaks for itself...

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
BG singers: Everyone has an admiration throughout the world

Yeah, Ashleys song speaks for itself...
Like I said, YESSSSS.

RWB

Smash Ace
There's nothing quite like a witch that is full of herself.^^

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
I would be a halloween full of win if she is confirmed that day. We all know that Sakurai must be aware of evrything in Brawl to pull this kind of little details... but if he does.... damm the guy will be a genious (he already is but oh well XD).

I was thinking about ashleys´s moveset... and tho ill not do one because i have seen a few good ones already, i want to point out how i see ashley as a char together with Red.

Because of her uniqueness characteristic of having a morphing pal all the time, she can be very cool to use. Is not like the ICs, where both need to work together actively to survive.
In Ashley´s case..we all know that Red could be like an NPc solely for the use of Ashley.

My moveset will be something in this lines:

Ashley would be all the time when doing nothing with Red just slightly behind her, and always in the same distance.. Anywhere Ashley moves or jump..Red will follow her precisely (unlike Nana which almost always gets behind something). To prevent him to got stuck on walls or things like that, the time red gets a little far form her...he will just appear right at her side (think about the animation of Nana dissapearing when Popo dies).

With her standard attacks , she could do some attacks with her bare hands and magic animations , and others with Red. For exmaple.... think about a jab triple combo. Three hits with a little of magic to make her range a little bigger. But his forward tilt could be Ashley doing a forward stab with the rod and casting some ligfhting. Red would quickly transforms and return back to his normal form once the blow animation ended. Since we all know this kinds of things happen very fast.... Red would be practically in a transformation Frenzy thru all the battle , but this could be easy solved with quick appear and dissapearing animations posted above(ie Red dissapears and the animation of ashley´s rod takes place, then red reappears)... and it would be funny. Having red running behind ashley all the way would be so cool.

All of her B moves would pratically involve Red transforming into her rod and then Ashley´s doing her magic.

Her grabs!:
Ashley would get his opponent grabbed with her magic. Her standard A hit when grabbing would be a magic shock or something to the opponent.

Forward throw: ashley slams his opponent forward her with a magical firecracker explotion!

Down throw: Ashley slams his foe to the ground with magic..making him bounce to her back where Red is. Then Red does a headbutt on the wiggling opponent to send him definitely far away.

Up Throw: Ashley sends his opponent upwards, while at the same time she screams "Red" and points her finger to her foe. Red quickly Transform into a Ball of fire (think something in the lines of Kirby´s dash attack) and slams against the opponent exploding and sending him further up. Quickly Red will reappear behind ashley. This attack can star KO you in very high %.

Taunts:
1-Reds fly towards ashley and transform into a new witch outfit for ashley including a pumpking halloween basket XD .Then ashley says one of her famous lines.

2- Ashley does her famous pose with the Rod up in the air and do some of her magic.

3- Reds transforms into a magic book, while ashley is reading it on the floor and giggling some words in a suspicious way. A dark and demonic aura starts flowing out of ashley´s and up in the air the magic smoke forms the word "Ashley for Brawl" then she stands up and red appears again. (lol)

whats cha think?

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
I like the idea of red being visable and usable at the same time, you got skills Hydde. A perfect Halloween treat.

Dragonblood21

Smash Journeyman
I like Red and all, but as I've stated there are a couple reasons I don't want him with Ashley at all times:

#1 - Ashley will be a weaker character alone, having her the same + someone beside her would be over powered. This will also be quite bad as she is a magic user, and Red won't be able to assist with her on her range magic damage, thus leading to reason 2.

#2- He will be kind of useless. Aside from the combo's they can to do together, which they could just make her do herself, he will just follow her around.

#3- No Red, no combo's? Well, if Red was to die, that would now make the moves that used Red either much weaker, or non existent at all., which would really stink.

I don't mean to shoot down other's ideas, but it I would rather Red just be summon able with a spell and last for a limited amount of time than him be permanent. If this was the case, both Red and Ashley would be stronger characters, and instead of actually being part of Ashley's fighting, he will just add to it's strength.

In short summary, if Red was permanent, they would both be weaker. However instead, if he was summon able for a period of time, they will be stronger characters.

Black/Light

Smash Master
The way I see it Red wouldn't be teamed up with her like the IC BUT would float around closely beside he in the back ground. That way there would be no spliting them up and Red would only be a weapon for attacks.

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
#1 - Ashley will be a weaker character alone, having her the same + someone beside her would be over powered. This will also be quite bad as she is a magic user, and Red won't be able to assist with her on her range magic damage, thus leading to reason 2.
no no, i mean,, the way i see it... Ashley is the character...red is like an accesory of her.... an NPC which follows her, he doesnt share damage. nor punch people like nana.... he is just with her waiting to help her.

#2- He will be kind of useless. Aside from the combo's they can to do together, which they could just make her do herself, he will just follow her around.
He will be not uselesss... i mean he will transform in her magic rod! and helop her do some magic. Also inmy moveset he can be used to some animations in the grabs. In general all the magic moves which need the rod... need red because he is the rod.

#3- No Red, no combo's? Well, if Red was to die, that would now make the moves that used Red either much weaker, or non existent at all., which would really stink.
no no, red will be not a "Nana", he will accompaining Ashley, more in an stetycal way than actively punching someone, also he will not habe any % meter or somethng.. This way.. Ashley will be the main thing...and red will help her fithing. MOre like an accesory of her.

I don't mean to shoot down other's ideas, but it I would rather Red just be summon able with a spell and last for a limited amount of time than him be permanent. If this was the case, both Red and Ashley would be stronger characters, and instead of actually being part of Ashley's fighting, he will just add to it's strength.

the thing is that red is alway with ashley...so just be able to summon him a little is kinda meh, when the good thing of ashley is having her pal.. that is what makes her more unique

In short summary, if Red was permanent, they would both be weaker. However instead, if he was summon able for a period of time, they will be stronger characters

I agree that they will be both this way but like told you i prefer him to have more of an active role in the form of a weapon for her.. more thana summon.

Maybe in her final smash... he could gain some soert of ability and kick the mudd out of the foes with a transformation or something.... while ashley stills pwn them. More like an assit trophy...this way we can do what you say too... in the form of a summon.

Dragonblood21

Smash Journeyman
no no, i mean,, the way i see it... Ashley is the character...red is like an accesory of her.... an NPC which follows her, he doesnt share damage. nor punch people like nana.... he is just with her waiting to help her.
I kind of know what you mean here, but in the moves that he is waiting to help her, when he isn't there these moves will be a lot weaker, unless Red is invincible, which I think would be kinda lame.

He will be not uselesss... i mean he will transform in her magic rod! and helop her do some magic. Also inmy moveset he can be used to some animations in the grabs. In general all the magic moves which need the rod... need red because he is the rod.
I don't really know what your saying here =\. Please be more specific.

no no, red will be not a "Nana", he will accompaining Ashley, more in an stetycal way than actively punching someone, also he will not habe any % meter or somethng.. This way.. Ashley will be the main thing...and red will help her fithing. MOre like an accesory of her.
Kind of like I said in the first statement, without Red helping Ashley's move list, her move list will be weaker without him, if he was to get knocked off. Also, if when he is there, he wouldn't be as strong as if he was summon able. Your saying he won't be like a Nana, but at the same time, that it feels like that's how your somewhat describing him. Maybe elaborate more or give examples?

the thing is that red is alway with ashley...so just be able to summon him a little is kinda meh, when the good thing of ashley is having her pal.. that is what makes her more unique
This much I can definitely agree with, that it makes her unique that Red is always beside her, but really, she feels unique on her own. There aren't any witch's or dark spell casters in SSBB, so even without Red, she is pretty unique.

I agree that they will be both this way but like told you i prefer him to have more of an active role in the form of a weapon for her.. more thana summon.
I don't really know if you know what I mean by her summoning Red. Red can be a active role in her fighting, such as playing parts in her throws and helping in spell casting, but while Red is out these will do more damage than the average character. I don't really mean as though Red being summoned and just mindlessly running around and hitting people, I mean he can take just as active as a role as your describing, just summoned. Example:

Forward throw for a average character amounts to 15%, Ashley's does 14%. With Red out adding his own attacks to the throw, it now does 21%.

Now, the reason why this isn't over powerful is because he is only here for a period of time, and it was the opponents fault for letting her get Red by leaving her alone too long so she can summon him. Now the way your describing would be. Ashley's throw with Red does 16%, while with Red knocked out or away, the throw now does 9%. Because Red is permanent, and doesn't require the summon, he's considerably nerfed. See where I'm comming from?

Maybe in her final smash... he could gain some soert of ability and kick the mudd out of the foes with a transformation or something.... while ashley stills pwn them. More like an assit trophy...this way we can do what you say too... in the form of a summon.
I was kind of thinking this, but since I made Red summon able, I thought it would be lame to require Red on the field to perform her final smash.

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
It seems we are having communication problems here :dizzy: lemme see in where we are failing lol

I kind of know what you mean here, but in the moves that he is waiting to help her, when he isn't there these moves will be a lot weaker, unless Red is invincible, which I think would be kinda lame.
Yep, like i told you before... he will not dissapear in any moment, he will be alway with ashley. No one will be able to punch him because he will not be hittable. In the same way he will not do any damage to anyone directly or on his own. He is a pet flying alongside her.

I don't really know what your saying here =\. Please be more specific.
Well, as you see in ashley´s videos... RED turns himself into her magic rod, also into her magic broom. I mean.. since red is her item, he will be not useless . In example.... if ashley performs a forward tilt... he will quickly turn into her rod and appear in her hand. After the attack, ahsley will return to his normal pose and red will appear floating behind her where he normally was. This will happen very quick of course.
He will be used in her B attacks because some of the moves that the guys in the thread suggested... use the rod... and since Red is the rod,,, well he will aid ashley to do her magic.

Kind of like I said in the first statement, without Red helping Ashley's move list, her move list will be weaker without him, if he was to get knocked off. Also, if when he is there, he wouldn't be as strong as if he was summon able. Your saying he won't be like a Nana, but at the same time, that it feels like that's how your somewhat describing him. Maybe elaborate more or give examples?
Like i said... he will be there but at the same time he will not be. He is not part of ashley´s % meter and he is not hittable, in other words, he is not part of the battle. He is a floating pet of ashley.. not a sort of attacking partner who can die.

This much I can definitely agree with, that it makes her unique that Red is always beside her, but really, she feels unique on her own. There aren't any witch's or dark spell casters in SSBB, so even without Red, she is pretty unique.
I agree she is very unique but since we see her with red in almost all her cinematics.. i though it would be cool to continue having him at her side!.

I don't really know if you know what I mean by her summoning Red. Red can be a active role in her fighting, such as playing parts in her throws and helping in spell casting, but while Red is out these will do more damage than the average character.
If im not wrong--- I think you plan on having red out by summoning him for a period of time and in that time he will help ashley. What i mean is that he will always be there!. If he is summonable...ashley will depend on him,,thus she will be not only worried of her foe,.... but worried to search a moment to summon red...and this could end in complicating the fight for her. I mean not always you will be able to summon him on time because you are getting pummeled by fox which is fast like a bullet. So this complicates things for her and turns a little difficult her gameplay. She can do more damage yeah but i dunno.. even when it sounds cool, it doenst convnce me totally. And that damage you are sufggesting is sick XD but yeah

I don't really mean as though Red being summoned and just mindlessly running around and hitting people, I mean he can take just as active as a role as your describing, just summoned. Example:

Forward throw for a average character amounts to 15%, Ashley's does 14%. With Red out adding his own attacks to the throw, it now does 21%.

Now, the reason why this isn't over powerful is because he is only here for a period of time, and it was the opponents fault for letting her get Red by leaving her alone too long so she can summon him. Now the way your describing would be. Ashley's throw with Red does 16%, while with Red knocked out or away, the throw now does 9%. Because Red is permanent, and doesn't require the summon, he's considerably nerfed. See where I'm comming from?
Ok, what i say is that she doesnt need to summon him because he will always be there. And yes... in my point of view , since he will always be there,,,, the throws you are saying cannot be that strong. They will do normal damage cus 16% for a forward throw is crazy.

I was kind of thinking this, but since I made Red summon able, I thought it would be lame to require Red on the field to perform her final smash.
Well since in my eyes he will be there always i think there is no problem XD.

I hope i made myself being understood !!.

:laugh:

Dragonblood21

Smash Journeyman
Okay, after reading your post, it makes a little more sense, I personally don't like the idea of him being invincible, I feel that's kinda lame, but that is personal opinion, no point of debating that :laugh:.

I think it's kind of cool to have him permanent, with those example you were giving, but at the same time, I still would rather have him summon able, and again that's only my opinion. Maybe I didn't really make myself clear as to why I want him summon able. I'm just giving my side ^_^. Oh, and those were just numbers I was throwing out, I wasn't really giving it much thought on how much forward throws do, just giving you an example of the differences.

Have you ever played World of Warcraft? In that game there is something called a mage, much like what we are describing. The mage is able to summon something called a Water Elemental, and this water Elemental helps you in battle, much like Red. Now, before adding this new edition, people tested out the Water Elemental as a beta, and at first this was a permanent thing for the character. However, it seemed to be too weak, and didn't add as much as they first thought to the mage. So they made it considerably stronger, but because it was so strong, they only made it last 45 seconds. All of a sudden, the Water Elemental became much more useful, because instead of being a permanent thing, but not as effective, it became a temporary thing, that was very powerful. The Water Elemental was also much more enjoying to use and have it, simply because it wasn't always out, and when summoned enemies would fear it because it's now a powerful tool.

This is what I feel Red should be, and why I don't think he should be permanent. He would be a much more enjoyable thing to have out simply because he is not always beside her. Summoning him would be difficult, but very rewarding. When Red is beside Ashley, you would feel like you have a powerful duo that you better not mess with, and feel like you've gotten both a character boost, as well as a morale boost with your little buddy beside you. With him permanent, I wouldn't get the same feeling when Red was beside her, because he is always there and she is not as intimidating as she would be if Red was more powerful. When Red is out, as I said he can be a part of her style, he can help with certain attacks, such as when Ashley shoots fire balls repeatedly (see my move list), Red does the same. Or when she performs forward throw and nails the enemy with fire wave (see my move list), as the enemy gets knocked one way, Red flies by and nails him the other way, there are also many other ways he could help with the situation. I understand how Red can be the wand and she can transform him into a Broomstick or stuff like that, but Ashley could just simply pop up this stuff herself instead of making Red that item.

I understand what your saying, and I do like your ideas, this is just the way I would like to see Red, it's just my opinion. Either way, Red still looks like he will be a cool edition, and if Ashley makes it in, I hope so does Red somehow.

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
Okay, after reading your post, it makes a little more sense, I personally don't like the idea of him being invincible, I feel that's kinda lame, but that is personal opinion, no point of debating that :laugh:.

I think it's kind of cool to have him permanent, with those example you were giving, but at the same time, I still would rather have him summon able, and again that's only my opinion. Maybe I didn't really make myself clear as to why I want him summon able. I'm just giving my side ^_^. Oh, and those were just numbers I was throwing out, I wasn't really giving it much thought on how much forward throws do, just giving you an example of the differences.

Have you ever played World of Warcraft? In that game there is something called a mage, much like what we are describing. The mage is able to summon something called a Water Elemental, and this water Elemental helps you in battle, much like Red. Now, before adding this new edition, people tested out the Water Elemental as a beta, and at first this was a permanent thing for the character. However, it seemed to be too weak, and didn't add as much as they first thought to the mage. So they made it considerably stronger, but because it was so strong, they only made it last 45 seconds. All of a sudden, the Water Elemental became much more useful, because instead of being a permanent thing, but not as effective, it became a temporary thing, that was very powerful. The Water Elemental was also much more enjoying to use and have it, simply because it wasn't always out, and when summoned enemies would fear it because it's now a powerful tool.

This is what I feel Red should be, and why I don't think he should be permanent. He would be a much more enjoyable thing to have out simply because he is not always beside her. Summoning him would be difficult, but very rewarding. When Red is beside Ashley, you would feel like you have a powerful duo that you better not mess with, and feel like you've gotten both a character boost, as well as a morale boost with your little buddy beside you. With him permanent, I wouldn't get the same feeling when Red was beside her, because he is always there and she is not as intimidating as she would be if Red was more powerful. When Red is out, as I said he can be a part of her style, he can help with certain attacks, such as when Ashley shoots fire balls repeatedly (see my move list), Red does the same. Or when she performs forward throw and nails the enemy with fire wave (see my move list), as the enemy gets knocked one way, Red flies by and nails him the other way, there are also many other ways he could help with the situation. I understand how Red can be the wand and she can transform him into a Broomstick or stuff like that, but Ashley could just simply pop up this stuff herself instead of making Red that item.

I understand what your saying, and I do like your ideas, this is just the way I would like to see Red, it's just my opinion. Either way, Red still looks like he will be a cool edition, and if Ashley makes it in, I hope so does Red somehow.
Okay that explains it all :)

Like u said is a matter of tastes here!.

Dont get me wrong i like a lot your idea. . Well in your case is not that ashley is crap without him.. but she becomes overpowered with him. Since the moves she have in your moveset are good, now imagine her becoming better with the thingy. In your suggested moveset, Red last for a minute helping ashley... you know.. ONE LONG MINUTE, receiving more punishing than normal!!.

The way i see how you summon him in the moveset is to charging the attack (something like how samus and the others charges their attacks i suppouse), so is not that difficult to pull this move...and the rewards are overwelmingly more significant than the difficulty of the move.

Some questions then...How would you make the summoning "more difficult?", i mean how would you control the "red spamming" to name it someway.

Also, since we concur that red is her rod... what she will do in the whole minute red is out punishing people? i mean, he is the rod... in that time he is not in her hand in the rod form. Ashley having him out and having a rod doesnt make much sense :/ so she would need more moves for the time he is out. See?

Anyways i see it both ways being cool.. just let me now the questions i posted above! good work on the moves i like most of them!! :)

Dragonblood21

Smash Journeyman
Okay that explains it all :)

Like u said is a matter of tastes here!.

Dont get me wrong i like a lot your idea. . Well in your case is not that ashley is crap without him.. but she becomes overpowered with him. Since the moves she have in your moveset are good, now imagine her becoming better with the thingy. In your suggested moveset, Red last for a minute helping ashley... you know.. ONE LONG MINUTE, receiving more punishing than normal!!.

The way i see how you summon him in the moveset is to charging the attack (something like how samus and the others charges their attacks i suppouse), so is not that difficult to pull this move...and the rewards are overwelmingly more significant than the difficulty of the move.

Some questions then...How would you make the summoning "more difficult?", i mean how would you control the "red spamming" to name it someway.

Also, since we concur that red is her rod... what she will do in the whole minute red is out punishing people? i mean, he is the rod... in that time he is not in her hand in the rod form. Ashley having him out and having a rod doesnt make much sense :/ so she would need more moves for the time he is out. See?

Anyways i see it both ways being cool.. just let me now the questions i posted above! good work on the moves i like most of them!! :)
It would be much more difficult to charge than Samus's gun. Samus's gun takes about 2 seconds, Ashley's summon would take at least 4-5 seconds, that's double. And to me, if you leave Ashley alone that long in a fighting game, then that's not really overpowered to summon something to help you and make you stronger than the average character. Perhaps one minute is too long, I wanted it to be the average of time of 1 KO. This is why I would have to run beta tests, I'm not saying my list isn't subject to change if something is overpowered.

4-5 seconds of alone time in a casting phase when everyone knows what your doing is difficult enough if you ask me.

No, I didn't know Ashley's rod was Red, I do not have a DS, I cannot afford a DS to play WarioWare touched. I heard about this character, loved her song, loved what she can do, and loved her attitude so I liked this character enough to really want her in this game. If Red is her wand, then I agree, it makes sense, but I made this idea before knowing that, jeeze. It seems to me like your bashing my idea, hopefully I'm getting the wrong vibe here, because I in no way bashed your idea, and I don't appreciate you bashing mine.

Edit: I re-read it, and it doesn't seem like you were completely bashing my idea, it's just when I saw the caps and the !'s and in the sentence they were in, that lead me to think you were just making fun of the idea.

Dragonblood21

Smash Journeyman
Really!? O_o My friend has the game and said Ashley was only in the Warioware touched one. I was thinking about getting it, but I'm kinda low on money so thats why I didn't really bother, if it has Ashley in it I might get it though :laugh:.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Really!? O_o My friend has the game and said Ashley was only in the Warioware touched one. I was thinking about getting it, but I'm kinda low on money so thats why I didn't really bother, if it has Ashley in it I might get it though :laugh:.
You have to unlock her after beating Jimmy's micro games.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
His micro games was hard. It took me three tries to beat theme, but not like Tiny Wario, man that took me forever.
Heh heh, it took me one try on all of them, well Penny took me two tries and I almost lost on Ashley's story mode.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Hey, I made some lyrics for Kumatora based off of Ashley's Theme. Let me know what you think.

Who's that girl next door living in the haunted castle?
You'd better learn my name, 'cause I am
KUMA-TORA!
She casts the meanest PK and she's gots the pinkest hair.
And it's all so spiky.

Don't let yourself be fooled just because she is a girl.
Don't ever mess with the greatest
KUMA-TORA!
She doesn't keep her hair long and she doesn't wear a skirt.
Who has time for girly things like that?

PK Fire
I will burn you good.
PK Thunder
This'll blast you off.
PK Freeze
You've been freezer burn'd.
PK Su-Ta-Su-To-Mu!

Ha, ha, I win.

She can kick your *** and be the awesomest girl ever.
Everyone knows that I'm the greatest:
KUMA-TORA!
You'd better watch your step, or she'll beat the snot out of you.
I gave Yokuba a bloody nose.

I'll hang out with ghosts and yes, it's true.
They don't beat being with the living.
But I think you're nice, and maybe we could be buds.
And if you say no, you're dead.

Who's the girl next door living in the haunted castle?
You'd better learn my name 'cause I am
KUMA-TORA!
Just remember this when you see her on the street:
I'm not the girliest girl you'll ever meet.

While we're at it, let's post ones for other characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom