• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ashley for SSBB Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
Lol

Lol, i just smile when i see articles like this.

Here in the brawl character forum.... is a trend of superiority coming from some posters, when the main topic are obscure /weird/uncommon characters those posters dont like.

There is something, i dont know... a force... maybe a will, a necessity to take down anything that is not reasonable for this kind of people.... and im meaning characters that they think are not worth or doesnt have a chance to make it in the game.

But, thinking about it more as a whole.... what character (not counting the veterans
who have not been revealed yet) which has been sugested here is a reasonable entry?...

Basing in the arguments,,, .. it doesnt matter how good the posts are...it doesnt matter how iirrefutable the facts this people present are........ in the end... no one , and i mean NO ONE can say which character has the right to make it to the game.

As crazy as it sounds, the developers can introduce whoever they feel would be cool to the game.....

About fanboyism....
The article says that posts pummeled here after the ashley´s theme announce.
Guess what?, that is 100% true. In my case.. i discovered the girl after this,,, as i have never played wariow are..... but from the firsttime i saw her design.. i liked it. Bandwagoner? well maybe but it doesnt is excuse to take from me the right to support whichever character i want.

Everyone has their own reasons.... Some people think that to be alegit supportter you must be a fan of that character since forever.... when it also doesnt have any actual importance to the outcome.

About the thread:
While you see threads like the mega man one, or te ridley one... where everyone who gets there is armed to the teeths for debating.... here, just a bunch of posters justhave fun everyday talking nonsense and supporting the character they like. In the end, this is a support thread right? Everyone has their ways to show his/her support to teh character....

What if the thread is full of spam? what if there are not tons of tons of pages of "intelligent debating" aout the character....seriously, who gives a penny about it?, Whats the point in arguing about something that we have certainly no idea that will happen?. And above all, there is no reason to debate or show "seriousness" in any way to reiterate that this thread is a good one. All the threads about character suggestions are the same,just with different ways of saying the same concept..

I seriously think that people on this boards need to take things less seriously and start enjoying this time while Brawl comes....

Using facts/excuses/tales/wharever to discredit a character doesnt have any importance... in the end is all a matter of tastes!.

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
LOL **** i havent noticed that XDDDDD so coool!!

btw what happened to her dress O_O

This picture definitely needs to go to the first posts :D

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
No, he must be busy. Ten bucks that pics is from 4Chan.

Stado

Smash Apprentice
Hydde, one shouldn't get so worked up over what's written on Encyclopedia Dramatica. The site's sole purpose is to antagonize people and thereby generate "lulz", of which it does both quite well, in my personal opinion. But I digress; you're opinion in terms of fanatics here on these boards still holds true.

Moving on, I think, if playable, Ashley should walk around the stage, not float or hover. I think giving her a nonstandard style of movement would retract from her character, rather than add to it. If she's an assist trophy, however, I think I'd like to see her move/fly around on her broom, even if only for a short while.

And while I'd like to, I don't think I have a lot to say in regards to that awkward picture. Part of me likes Ashely because she's a "loli", but even that short-shirt on her gives me the creeps. I prefer to see her portrayed in the manner in which she was designed — that is, in dignified, ostentatious attire and with a creepy and emotionless demeanor.

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
Its fine with me... it was mainly a joke .... but you can use it...unless someone comes with something better since it was a joke lol !.

oh, and check if that phrase have sesne in english because im not english speaker so sometimes id ont know what phrase makes sense and what not :p

Thedude3445

Smash Apprentice
I at first read this, then thought, 'WHAT?!' . What kind of moveset could Ashley have? I read the second post. It's not a bad moveset, but it's kind of gonna be a drag to have so many frames or Red transforming into ___ over and over, making her really slow.

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
I at first read this, then thought, 'WHAT?!' . What kind of moveset could Ashley have? I read the second post. It's not a bad moveset, but it's kind of gonna be a drag to have so many frames or Red transforming into ___ over and over, making her really slow.
I saw this problem also... becaus eof that in my moveset... the red transformacion happens almost instantly...... since he will have to transform back a forth a lot... it must be a fast animation to not fok up the character in general :)

MegatronPwnsYou

Smash Lord
Its fine with me... it was mainly a joke .... but you can use it...unless someone comes with something better since it was a joke lol !.

oh, and check if that phrase have sesne in english because im not english speaker so sometimes id ont know what phrase makes sense and what not :p
Well, it makes sense because,I don't know if you know this or not but, during the Califonia Gold Rush in 1849, people were trying a fast way to get rich, and a bunch of people were finding gold there. So alot of people traveled to California to try and mine gold, and the mottos for them when they were traveling was "California or Bust". So in a sense relates to that except with Ashley.

Nice history lesson. :)

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Red could transform very fast, maybe or she will be overpower and be slow, I rether have the quick change though.

MegatronPwnsYou

Smash Lord
Red could transform very fast, maybe or she will be overpower and be slow, I rether have the quick change though.
Well, I don't see how it would be slow. Red would transform in her hand as she was doing the move. Like say if you were doing the lighting attack and then you press up B she would jump up on to Red just as he started turning into the broom. Just think about it, it would be pretty instant.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Well, I don't see how it would be slow. Red would transform in her hand as she was doing the move. Like say if you were doing the lighting attack and then you press up B she would jump up on to Red just as he started turning into the broom. Just think about it, it would be pretty instant.
It should be fast, Fox pull his gun out fast, Kirby pull out his weapons fast, so why not Ashley.

Kirby pulls out weapons? (yeah, check out those guns).
It should be instantaneous, especially if Ashley is a long range fighter who doesn't have time for Sonic to run up to her and kick her in the face.

Stado

Smash Apprentice
One also has to remember that Red, when referring to the proposed moveset in the second post, doesn't necessarily have to transform back into his normal/real form in order to transform into the next "item". The transformation would be, or rather, should be rather seamless.

MegatronPwnsYou

Smash Lord
Kirby pulls out weapons? (yeah, check out those guns).
It should be instantaneous, especially if Ashley is a long range fighter who doesn't have time for Sonic to run up to her and kick her in the face.
Kirby's B Over in Melee was Dedede's Hammer. They might have changed it this game though.

P.S. SONIC SUXXXXXXXXX!!!!

MegatronPwnsYou

Smash Lord
One also has to remember that Red, when referring to the proposed moveset in the second post, doesn't necessarily have to transform back into his normal/real form in order to transform into the next "item". The transformation would be, or rather, should be rather seamless.
Well, that's how I imagined it to work, It would seem obsolete for him to turn into regular form in between moves.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
I see that point, he can stay in that form until another attack, that would be awesome if that happen.

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
Well, that's how I imagined it to work, It would seem obsolete for him to turn into regular form in between moves.
in the move set i thought, (i think i discussed this before but dont remember with who XD ), she normally had red floating behind her no matter what. In the precise moment she executes an attack consisting of red turning into something... he will like dissapear with a "puff" smoke effect and already be in ashley´s hand. He will remain in her hand for some time before returning to his normal form. (this is in case ashley uses the same move again, this way he will not be transforming like crazy,,, just when necessary).

The animation of him transforming would consist in little "puffs " of smoke instead of a fully animated transition.... to speed up the process.

Again this is my point of fview only... since i would love having red floating beside her while fighting, and again, red would be part of ashley´s design...(like the falchion sword is for marth, in other words, he will not have %, will not attack at his own, and will not be able to be hitted). He will just attack when needed in a movement for ashley, IE throws, transformations, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom