• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ashley for SSBB Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hong

The Strongest
I'm not antiAshley, but expecting Sakurai to have any regard to something like a holiday, especially one that's not even celebrated world wide, even more so with a character that's somewhat relevant to that holiday, is silly. The only thing he has ever had any special occasions for is his birthday (that whole week of awesome updates) and the other time to celebrate 20 years of Solid Snake.

I like Ashley, nice to see she has plenty of support. Just don't expect Sakurai to announce characters who have relevance to a certain date or holiday. Not like we're going to see Wind Waker Link on St. Patrick's day. xP

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
oh damm icies!!! one of my most hated stages in the day i was hoping one of my most requested chars:mad:

well at least the new ice climbers stage looks funny!!!

Maggirus

Smash Journeyman
I've noticed something in the Fall trailer which would confirm Ashley's castle (Luigi's mainson) as a playable stage.

And thx to the stage today I could see this.
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=119901

I made this when I saw Fall Smash trailer. There were polar lights and strange things on the sky.
I thought that IceClimbers and Shiggy are on the same stage, so I took this photo:

But this stage isn't "The summit". (This is a bad shot, I make a better one)
You can see on the right (when you stop very good in the Fall Trailer) a dead tree.

I'm pretty certain the picture of Squirtle is from a different stage, probably Luigi's Mansion themed because..

1. There's an ominous full moon in the background.
2. The color of the sky is purple, very creepy and different from the North Pole picture.
3. To the right of the pic you can see a dead tree. (It's hard to see in that picture.)
That's by Sanjuinuthus

So I compared Luigi's mansion to Ashley's castle.

Luigi's mansion has a gray sky and dead trees.
Asley's castle has a purple sky, dead trees and a full moon.

So... ASHLEY's CASTLE CONFIRMED!!! (or Luigi's mansion)

EDIT: Ashley's castle has stars, but Luigi's mansion asn't any
I make a topic :D

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
why are people thinking ashleys castle is confirmed because of that screenshot? wow...

why do ppl want ashley in it anyway? what would she do?

Maggirus

Smash Journeyman
why are people thinking ashleys castle is confirmed because of that screenshot? wow...

why do ppl want ashley in it anyway? what would she do?
Compare it to Luigi's mansion and Ashley's castle.
There is 100% a dead tree and this isn't a stage who is confirmed.

And + I was right with the Summit.....

EDIT: Ashley is just awesome.... :D
She would be a very unique fighter.

She fights with Red in a IceClimbers-style, she can transform Red into things like a wand or a broom.
And yes.... she is female and a spell caster

Hong

The Strongest
Compare it to Luigi's mansion and Ashley's castle.
There is 100% a dead tree and this isn't a stage who is confirmed.

And + I was right with the Summit.....
How many stages in Super Smash Brothers actually appear in their own games? When you look at a stage like Fourside, you know its Fourside if you've played the series because of a few similarities with the environment. The reality is, they are very far from their original stage. They get graphical overhauls and quirks to make them interesting. If Sakurai felt like a different sky colour would look better for Luigi's Mansion, then he would ask for a different sky colour.

Maggirus

Smash Journeyman
How many stages in Super Smash Brothers actually appear in their own games? When you look at a stage like Fourside, you know its Fourside if you've played the series because of a few similarities with the environment. The reality is, they are very far from their original stage. They get graphical overhauls and quirks to make them interesting. If Sakurai felt like a different sky colour would look better for Luigi's Mansion, then he would ask for a different sky colour.
Yes, it could be both.
But this picture fit with Ashley's castle and all the things are the same... it's only a better looking and not WarioWare graphics.

Maggirus

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Yes, it could be both.
But this picture fit with Ashley's castle and all the things are the same... it's only a better looking and not WarioWare graphics.

Maggirus
You realize that that Squirtle picture IS the summit... its at an angle.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
i realize its a new stage, but its gotta be luigis mansion. after they gave mario the fludd, and luigi isnt confirmed yet, and whether he has the vacuum or not, he needs a stage. i know who ashely is, iv played through multiple wario ware games.

having them play like ice climbers? = epic fail. theyr two completely different types of fighters (red isnt even a fighter...). the reason why the ice climbers works is because they do the same thing.

you dont even see her do anything in wario ware outside of a cutscene. she is never controllable, as you just play a story mode loosely based on her. find me a full moveset that makes sense.

the reason why her theme was in is because theyr trying to have an extraordinary amount of songs. they have the theme from brain age, does this mean dr kawashima is confirmed? no. while the brain age theme dosnt make sense at all really, atleast ashleys theme does with the wario ware level.

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
or it can be the other way. Your logic seems right but it is not 100% sure.. because of it we are just waiting,.

I wanna see that famous pic of the luigi/ashley stage please!!

Fawriel

Smash Master
I made this when I saw Fall Smash trailer. There were polar lights and strange things on the sky.
I thought that IceClimbers and Shiggy are on the same stage, so I took this photo:

But this stage isn't "The summit". (This is a bad shot, I make a better one)
You can see on the right (when you stop very good in the Fall Trailer) a dead tree.
Ahaaaa! You are German! Or at least somewhere close! I found you out, there's no sense in hiding anymore.
Muhahaha!

Oh, and... err... yay Ashley kthx.

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
ok i saw the screen in the trailer....

Well definitely it seems it will be a "scary stage"

for the one who said... i think it was legolas.... that it was the climbers stage... not, is not.

The moon and the deadtree definitely suggests a stage based on something eerie..... so at least we have a sign-

Anyways it could be anything... also luigis mansion

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
It isn't Ashley's Castle. If it was, there would be stars everywhere, but there isn't. If anything, it resembles the sky in Luigi's Mansion, which, yes, tends to be dark purple a lot.

But it isn't, it's just the Summit.

Dragonblood21

Smash Journeyman
I think Ashley's castle would be bad as a stage =\.

I just can't see Ashley getting her own stage, song, and playable character.

I hope it's Luigi's mansion. Much better chance of Ashley being playable in my opinion.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
That's a good question. However, we don't really know what Wario's motives are.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Wario's rich! Sorry for not being her forever but my online system got disconnected, but I am still with Ashley on this very day.

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
While mario was enjoying and wasting all of Peach's riches.... buing blin blinks and cars..... wario had to survive in the tough streets of th mushroom block.

Wario knows how to deal with "rich kids" like mario. He had to ****, steal and even ransom to survive. :(

Now he is under "ancient minister" commands and kidnapped zelda... was piece of cake for him.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
While mario was enjoying and wasting all of Peach's riches.... buing blin blinks and cars..... wario had to survive in the tough streets of th mushroom block.

Wario knows how to deal with "rich kids" like mario. He had to ****, steal and even ransom to survive. :(

Now he is under "ancient minister" commands and kidnapped zelda... was piece of cake for him.
Soon he'll have all the money, y'all biscuit heads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom