• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arriving in Chicago on August 9th

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
I don't really want to play the day I arrive, but I'd like to invite people over to play on the 10th.

Address:
1604 W Summerdale Ave
Chicago, IL 60640

Number: 617 347 9686

If you can bring TVs that'll be great. Please arrive at or after 3pm! Though, if you want to come earlier, you certainly will not be turned away.

For those who don't know:

Spife and I are moving to Chicago!

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
im gonna be back in chicago the day after fc

this is a big few weeks for chicago

wont be far from matt either

Spife

Smash Master
Hey I just wanted to say that I can't go to this, it's like 15 hours away :/

Scythe

Smash Master
Looks like this is going to be some FC training grounds. I'll try to come to this.

Shore Top

Smash Cadet
Long time Louisiana melee player here. Just moved here to attend SAIC for grad school. I would be interested in getting into the scene here.

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
I hope you come by, the more the better!

Please bring TVs and Cubes with you everyone. I don't want to have everyone crowded at one TV.

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
bringing tv + cube
Awesome, I really appreciate it!

I think if one more person brings a full setup with them we should be fine using 3.

Heck, maybe we can run a small tournament if there's enough people. I wouldn't mind recording it.

ORLY

Smash Master
if i can find a ride, i'll be here for sure

otherwise we'll be playin' at FC / the SG / Don't Blink hybrid

i refuse to acknowledge the name of it

luigijerk

Smash Cadet
So uhhh, how pro are you guys? I haven't played in a couple years since I finished college and moved back home from LA, and I'm really craving some smash. Back in my day I used to be borderline whether i would get out of pools in melee tourneys, but I would never be in contention for winning the whole thing. This was before brawl came out, though, so there were a lot of casuals to beat. If I won't be embarassingly out of my league it would be fun to come practice some.

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
So uhhh, how pro are you guys? I haven't played in a couple years since I finished college and moved back home from LA, and I'm really craving some smash. Back in my day I used to be borderline whether i would get out of pools in melee tourneys, but I would never be in contention for winning the whole thing. This was before brawl came out, though, so there were a lot of casuals to beat. If I won't be embarassingly out of my league it would be fun to come practice some.
I'm okay at melee. But truthfully the only way tonot be embarrassingly out of your league is to play people better than you.

Hope to see you here:)

:phone:

Meneks i accept your challenge

luigijerk

Smash Cadet
Haha, good point. I'll be there then. Do you happen to have an extra controller? I just moved into my apt in the city and left all my video game stuff at my parents house which is like an hour away. I can get one if not.

luigijerk

Smash Cadet
Ok cool. I have like 6 controllers, but just not with me. See ya tomorrow!

Shore Top

Smash Cadet
Cool I'll be able to make it tomorrow, but I didn't bring a TV or cube with me from Louisiana:( Only what could fit in my vehicle (my controller).

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
It's okay!

We have a TV here already. Spife and I brought 2 with us, including 2 cubes. So it looks like for the most part we'll be set.

ORLY

Smash Master
soooooooooooo kind of last minute but is anyone going through my area for this?

i'd like to come!

ORLY

Smash Master
looks like quaz and i will be coming to this today

see you guys this afternoon!

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
I don't know, but I can tell you we'll still be playing after 5pm.

Spife says: "Looks like we're going to find out, the hard way, the capacity of our apartment."

I have to agree with him on that. I just did a count on how many people we're expecting and hit 12 (+ Spife and I = 14). I hope we have enough TVs!

alcheato

Smash Ace
I don't know, but I can tell you we'll still be playing after 5pm.

Spife says: "Looks like we're going to find out, the hard way, the capacity of our apartment."

I have to agree with him on that. I just did a count on how many people we're expecting and hit 12 (+ Spife and I = 14). I hope we have enough TVs!
Sweeeet. I'll definitely try to stop by then

Top Bottom