• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Armada and Lucky Donation Drive with Incentives! $3755 received,

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
If theres a second player coming. Then the choice of team mate will go 1st - 4th highest donations in order for melee/pm. For extra incentive... im not sure. No immediate ideas lol

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
Lucky is leading by a large amount, and with the new donations along with more people expressing intrest in donations, it's looking very likley to be lucky.

You have until midnight tonight to change votes if you wish, and donations are still welcome as the top 4 donors will have choices between team mates as well as any overseas player being available for the house meet days too.

Also confirming the house meets will be on the thursday before shadowloo, and the monday after!

The top donor may be able to house AR or (other player here) during some of their time over, This may not be possible with OOS players depending on their arrangements, but I'm sure our guests wont say no as long as your house has a decent place to sleep!

EDIT: we've broken $3000, The Australian community rocks (esp Syke for that $1)

Also will be clearing up the OP tonight with all the more updated information once the voting deadline is reached.

Last edited:

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
Sorry for the triple post, but I made some large updates to the OP.

I also set a $200 minimum for the teaming of Lucky or Armada, meaning that Syke and Dreadtech are good, but since no one else has broken $150 and It's looking like I'll be pitching in quite a bit, I'll end up stealing the remaining available spots!

Someone come take them away from me, I'm sure someone else would love to team with either.

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
I'd prefer to play against them tbh
but I can see the appeal.
I understand that too, that's why people can still donate to steal from me lol. I'd rather get crushed by lucky or armada than crush with lucky or armada. But then again they could drive some next level teams into you real good :O

Basty

Smash Ace
maybe we could get lucky and armada to not team with anyone, they would probs still win but they would have a more difficult time and :pichumelee: and:toonlink: (in pm) only

Mytus

Smash Apprentice
I'll look at the possibility of hosting it on the monday, It seems like it would be best then anyway not just for you but all OOS attending to be as close to the SS dates itself as possible.
Monday during the evening, I presume? Damn, I really shouldn't have booked flights before figuring out these details.

Mytus

Smash Apprentice
When did you book flights for?
Smoking Puppy and myself are departing Brisbane at 9:50 PM on Thursday 28th, arriving just after midnight. Return flight back to Brisbane is 7 PM on the Monday.

Pretty awkward times for a meet! :(

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
Well the monday meet can start during the day so you should be able to get some time in. Maybe from 11 or something?

Splice

Smash Hero
I can house up to 3 people from Thurs-Sunday night period (pls gtfo of my house on Monday).
I will have uni on Thursday so you can either find something to do until 7pm or come listen to me play music for 4 hours.

Exceptions to Phrase who can come as early in the week as he wants since I've already been over it with him.

I live far away from the venue (1 and a half hrs+ transport, far from the airport, I can't drive) and while I provide blankets etc. you will be sleeping on floor space. So unless you really love me, any alternative is probably better.
But if you don't have an alternative, I'm here for you, smash bros.

Mytus

Smash Apprentice
Well the monday meet can start during the day so you should be able to get some time in. Maybe from 11 or something?
Oh, that's good news! I didn't expect it to start late morning, I'll have to check to see if my wallet can sustain the damage now.

Is there any cut off date for donating in order to attend the meet?

Last edited:

Juci

Smash Apprentice
I might be willing to share a room, don't wanna over stay my welcome at Bu$' place lol. Does anyone know if they still have the crt's?

Gords

Smash Champion
I can house up to 3 people from Thurs-Sunday night period (pls gtfo of my house on Monday).
I will have uni on Thursday so you can either find something to do until 7pm or come listen to me play music for 4 hours.

Exceptions to Phrase who can come as early in the week as he wants since I've already been over it with him.

I live far away from the venue (1 and a half hrs+ transport, far from the airport, I can't drive) and while I provide blankets etc. you will be sleeping on floor space. So unless you really love me, any alternative is probably better.
But if you don't have an alternative, I'm here for you, smash bros.
housing for exactly those days sounds amazing Splice if you could manage it for me. of those days that i can actually attend i wont know for another couple of weeks though

Gords

Smash Champion
Redact how much are we still short of getting lucky fully funded.
Nonco confirmed for SS? QLD coming down in full force!
where are all you guys staying, i would rather stay with you go guys since Qlders is so much fun. And since Bryte and ted are still not confirmed

Mytus

Smash Apprentice
where are all you guys staying, i would rather stay with you go guys since Qlders is so much fun. And since Bryte and ted are still not confirmed
Most of the QLDers are staying at the CQ Hotel from Thursday night until Monday. I'm crashing on the floor of their room for the first night, then I'll be staying with non-Smash friends for the rest of the time I'm there.

@ smopup smopup @phrase @Blue2ez @Tranquility - any room for the king amongst men on your floor?

Dino63

Smash Journeyman
Hitting about 80% chance I'm coming down for shadowloo now, I'll chuck in $50 once I can fully confirm that I am coming down, so yeah Bob and I will give it to you at the tourney ..... Also the money

smopup

Smash Journeyman
Yo if Bob and Dino are coming down too... Kong Off on the Friday? The only problem is no Jbirds. =(

Hell yeah Gords, you can hang with the Qld Wolf Pack any time. Just keep in mind that the floor is the only available space in our room.

Gords

Smash Champion
better than nothing i guess, hopefully i can sneak in without trouble

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
Kong off dekar needs to defend that kong pride, maybe some kong from lucky or armada could beast us, or maybe I could fraud kong my way to the top. Maybe we get to see irl kong if mikul comes, anything could happen

Dino63

Smash Journeyman
A national Kong Off would be great, but we should still have one before birds leaves so he has a chance to defend his title/ a new king of Kongs can be crowned and can come down to Melbourne and challenge everyone else

SurPr15e

Smash Journeyman
If we have extra money leftover, why don't we use it to bring Earl to Shadowloo Showdown. This is the event where the best of the best will be there. Earl should at least come out of retirement once to be a part of it.

Top Bottom