• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Armada and Lucky Donation Drive with Incentives! $3755 received,

1ampercent

Smash Journeyman
He totes can't john for pal. When he first found out about how pal gentleman worked and still played falcon he said falcon would be top tier in pal lol
Such a shame he no longer believes in his Falcon... I still think he's currently best Falcon player. I wouldn't mind Hax coming at all if he was to use only Falcon the whole tournament. (probably won't happen, though one can dream).

If PAL Ganon wasn't nerfed, I'd vouch for Kage.

Lex__

Smash Journeyman
I would love to see hax tbh dude seems humble and salty at the same time.

Last edited:

Darkwing SykeDuk

Smash Dankist
Hax would be a salty douche and just hog armada all day trying to increase his e-peen.

Having someone like PP or Ice would be better because they play more characters at a higher level, are better teachers and are generally better people and have already beaten armada/played him enough to not want to anymore.

Last edited:

1ampercent

Smash Journeyman
Having someone like PP or Ice would be better because they play more characters at a higher level.
That statement is true, I've seen videos of them using numerous characters in tournament. I can see it being very beneficial for us to learn from them.

Btw we should do Australia vs the world crew battle. The world consisting of Armada, +1 pro US or Euro player, NZ players, and of course the legendary SurPr15e (if he shows up).

S.D

Smash Master
I'll give you some money sometime phil. Probably $50

Also I'll try strongarm PP into coming at EVO. Although I have a feeling its a bad time of year for him.

Last edited:

Mytus

Smash Apprentice
Changing my vote to PP or Chillindude. It'd be awesome to see PP vs. Armada in real life on PAL.

If Chillindude was a DBZ character he'd be Krillindude.

SurPr15e

Smash Journeyman
That statement is true, I've seen videos of them using numerous characters in tournament. I can see it being very beneficial for us to learn from them.

Btw we should do Australia vs the world crew battle. The world consisting of Armada, +1 pro US or Euro player, NZ players, and of course the legendary SurPr15e (if he shows up).
You are right. I would be classified as the world because I wasn't even born here. I was born in India, which gives me an advantage, the advantage being our fabled Indian smartness and how we learn things extremely quickly. Plus I am flattered you called me legendary. I only consider myself legendary in the boards when it comes to bringing hype. As a player, if I were to be legendary, I'd have to beat the Redact the Great, Dekar the humble and S.D the magnificent and my self-professed arch-rival Noxus. Also, the chances of me being in a crew battle would be very low and unlikely as pointed out by Redact in a post on the Shadowloo Showdown thread (first page). In the community's and Redact's opinion I am too underhype and cannot bring any hype (according to Redact, it was because of Noxus that my match got hype) and don't match the community's standards and am also apparently the guy that makes people not want to use the boards anymore and have them resort to Skype calls. I'm sorry to all you guys if I have bored you, annoyed you or made you not want to use the boards anymore because of my so called "hype". I hope you guys can forgive me. I only tried to make things more exciting and if you didn't like it I'm very sorry. I'll try post hype when necessary. I know I still have supporters like Dean and Dekar when it comes to hype so I'll bring hype to appease them but I'll do it when necessary.

On a lighter note, I propose that we bring PPMD or Amsah when it comes to pro players.

EDIT: Also, question to the community? Do I really bring hype? Honest answer please.

Last edited:

Basty

Smash Ace
You are right. I would be classified as the world because I wasn't even born here. I was born in India, which gives me an advantage, the advantage being our fabled Indian smartness and how we learn things extremely quickly. Plus I am flattered you called me legendary. I only consider myself legendary in the boards when it comes to bringing hype. As a player, if I were to be legendary, I'd have to beat the Redact the Great, Dekar the humble and S.D the magnificent and my self-professed arch-rival Noxus. Also, the chances of me being in a crew battle would be very low and unlikely as pointed out by Redact in a post on the Shadowloo Showdown thread (first page). In the community's and Redact's opinion I am too underhype and cannot bring any hype (according to Redact, it was because of Noxus that my match got hype) and don't match the community's standards and am also apparently the guy that makes people not want to use the boards anymore and have them resort to Skype calls. I'm sorry to all you guys if I have bored you, annoyed you or made you not want to use the boards anymore because of my so called "hype". I hope you guys can forgive me. I only tried to make things more exciting and if you didn't like it I'm very sorry. I'll try post hype when necessary. I know I still have supporters like Dean and Dekar when it comes to hype so I'll bring hype to appease them but I'll do it when necessary.

On a lighter note, I propose that we bring PPMD or Amsah when it comes to pro players.

EDIT: Also, question to the community? Do I really bring hype? Honest answer please.
R u Indian steve? And yes you bring hype. (ur the reason I want to come to shadowloo lol)

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
I updated the first post but I cannot recall exactly who gave me what money today, Please post here or I will update once I figure out exactly who donated today at the collingwood tournament!

Thanks for the donations guys!

Basty

Smash Ace
Indian Daniel should be ur tag lol. If you go indian daniel i will crown u the king of hype and indians

Mytus

Smash Apprentice
Also, question to the community? Do I really bring hype? Honest answer please.
We talk about you up here in Queensland, SurPr15e. As far as most people are concerned, you an asset to the community and we are lucky that you make so much time for us.

SurPr15e

Smash Journeyman
We talk about you up here in Queensland, SurPr15e. As far as most people are concerned, you an asset to the community and we are lucky that you make so much time for us.
Thank you so much. I really appreciate it. I didn't know I was one of the most trending, talked about smashers in Queensland. Almost makes me think that my stories and endeavors have become something of legend interstate, especially Queensland. Shoutouts to the Queensland community for mentioning me in your everyday Smash talk and your legendary and epic tournaments. Promise to bring more hype soon.

Also @smopup I'll remember to get a better controller for the next tournament.

Last edited:

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
Thank you so much. I really appreciate it. I didn't know I was one of the most trending, talked about smashers in Queensland. Almost makes me think that my stories and endeavors have become something of legend interstate, especially Queensland. Shoutouts to the Queensland community for mentioning me in your everyday Smash talk and your legendary and epic tournaments. Promise to bring more hype soon.

Also @smopup I'll remember to get a better controller for the next tournament.
Can we keep posts related to Armada/donation related things please, things are starting to get quite off-topic.

You guys can continue this discussion in a social thread or something else but not here please.

Also an update:

There will be two meets for the $150 target, one a day or two before and one a day or two after SS. The people who reach the $150 target can only go to one of two said meets. This is to ensure that we don't have one big meet with more than 10 people so donors do not get much time with Armada, this is also because I do not have exact dates from Armada yet in terms of when he is flying in to actually give dates for meets.

I understand interstate arrangements will be made based around this and I am sorry that I cannot confirm exact dates yet but either way choose which side of SS is easier for you to spend a couple extra days in Melbourne and there will be a meet in that time.

If you have issues with this, please let me know or post here and I can help with any concerns or arrangements.

Last edited:

Lultam

Smash Cadet
Hey Redact, did any other pros express interest in coming over if we have a stretch goal for them? I'd def put down $50 for someone like PP or Mang0

PrettyCoolGuy

Smash Ace
**** surprise

On topic, that sounds like a good plan phil. Hopefully we're not going to take too much armada time and he can still enjoy his holiday and stuff. Don't want him to hate us.

Publicise them begging for our money Phil

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
Hey Redact, did any other pros express interest in coming over if we have a stretch goal for them? I'd def put down $50 for someone like PP or Mang0
Been trying but no confirmations as of yet for who could possibly attend. Getting lots of "I want to come but need to make sure I can" replies which I'm still trying to get confirmations for.

Last edited:

Mytus

Smash Apprentice
Been trying but no confirmations as of yet for who could possibly attend. Getting lots of "I want to come but need to make sure I can" replies which I'm still trying to get confirmations for.
Just stress to them that the longer they take to confirm means the less their chances are of being flown out here. They probably are aware of that, but it might help a few of them hurry up about it.

Who's said maybe so far? Any definitive nopes from any players?

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
Just stress to them that the longer they take to confirm means the less their chances are of being flown out here. They probably are aware of that, but it might help a few of them hurry up about it.

Who's said maybe so far? Any definitive nopes from any players?
No definate nopes but at this stage I've talked to pp and s2j, no responses from hax or mango thus far.

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
Any plans to broaden the search? Is there a deadline as far as feasibly being able to organise their trip?
mangos flights were purchased about one week before bam 2k12 not joking

we still have 2+ months.

Im waiting until post E3 to do any more immediate approaching

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
Repost to remind people this exists, and that unforunately I still don't have confirmations from anyone else in regards to who can or can't attend for a 2nd player if we get enough.

I actually have not received enough for the goal yet, there are a lot of people promised/pending payment, but if there's no follow through we won't reach our goal!

Also still seeking stretch goal ideas that is not bring player x down here, seeing as I am already trying!

Dekar289

Smash Hero
probs get more payments @ rmit tourney, let's reassess after that
extra money could always go towards smash tournaments/streaming equipment/setups

Last edited:

Mytus

Smash Apprentice
Also still seeking stretch goal ideas that is not bring player x down here, seeing as I am already trying!
I don't feel any of the alternative stretch goals proposed so far would come even close to benefiting us as much as having two pro players attend the event. We've got an abundance of (albeit not high quality) streaming equipment here in Queensland, bar microphones. Can't speak for other states, but I was watching an SA stream the other week and they had a pretty decent setup as well.

A second player would give more people an incentive to donate, and would reduce the amount of Armada-camping that will be going on.

Last edited:

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
Updated the OP and apologies to the one person I forgot who it was on friday, 90% sure it was meredy but i was totally out of it that day sorry!

Flights are fully funded now! Just need to sort exact dates and they will be booked!

Top Bottom